[Sun] 09 Mar 2014 (OOOOOOOOOOO yeaaaaaah!)

How we died (in the future)
Tigershark

[Sun] 09 Mar 2014 (OOOOOOOOOOO yeaaaaaah!)

Post by Tigershark »

A big thanks to 40 comrades who came out this Sunday to be subjected to Tigershark and his deep, oh-so-sexy dulcet tones over Team Speak. OOOOOOOOOO yeaaaah.

Bay II saw us revisiting the battleground around Ayre...Arte....whatever the fuck the town was we took last week and move to grab the airfield. Being somewhat iron deficient lately, and and after listening to Waffly incessantly bang on about oak trees, I welcomed the giant shell enema I received from an armored vehicle on the airstrip. It also didn't like tree stories as it flattened the control tower Waffly was in. I smirked a little.

A Friend in Need demonstrated that whilst we might play together, friends are hard to come by. Playing as OPFOR I spent most of my time healing Wolfenswan and hiding behind the dead bodies of FIA that had apparently been shot by their "friends" in Blufor. As the enemy of my enemy is my friend...and Blufor was enemy of FIA but also my enemy and......never mind...we shot Blufor until they were deader than Lindsay Lohan's career.

Despite the promisingly erotic name of Thrusting Crusader, the mission never "rose to the occasion". Unless your idea of erotic missions is being attacked from behind, running around with with your long smooth rocket out and being suppressed by men in cosplay bush suits. Wait a minute....
As a member of MAT team I spent most of the time spotting for targets after looting Carsons still warm corpse for his binocs. I also secured a picture of his college age cheerleading girlfriend and a tube of some kind of lubricant I have not seen used for rifle cleaning.

After these missions (2 coop and 1 adv) we ran out of lube so it was time for everyone to go home with copies of Carson's girlfriend picture.

Please feel free to leave your feedback, war stories, pictures, videos and art therapy from the PTSD clinic here for all to enjoy.
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

boberro

Re: [Sun] 09 March 2014 (OOOOOOOOOOO yeaaaaaah!)

Post by boberro »

I think it was first session I saw hosted by Tigershark. It took me by surprise, but next time I'll be prepared. 10/10, would not bang.

Bay II, CO Medic
From my perspective this mission was boring. Everything went according to plan if you assume that SuperU makes plans not ending in a bloodbath.

A Friend in Need, FIA A2
If you assume SuperU makes plans that end up with a bloodbath, this one wen't according to plan. I opened up my M2 at bluefor after given the permission, that is 0.31 seconds after they blew up the crates. Took 3 or 4 with me. EDIT: Somehow I did not kill them. Why there's no summary after missions?

Thrusting Crusader, MMG
Remap grenades to doubletap, even if you think it's easy not to press G. It's as easy to press it as it is not to.
Last edited by boberro on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Thirith

Post by Thirith »

Remap grenades to doubletap, even if you think it's easy not to press G. It's as easy to press it as it is not to.
This needs to be printed on a t-shirt... and worn by me. Every single day.

For what it's worth, last time I committed that particular grenade booboo, I didn't kill any of my mates. Just the commander. RIP.
"Until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar. Like eagles. Yeah. LIKE EAGLES... ON... POGO STICKS." - Grim Fandango

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

boberro wrote:I think it was first session I saw hosted by Tigershark. It took me by surprise, but next time I'll be prepared. 10/10, would not bang.
I'm not quite sure what to make of this....especially the bang part....but I'm taking it as a compliment. :clint:
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

A peculiarly short but nonetheless satisfying time was had last night. Then I sat down to play some Arma.

Bay II - CSL; SuperU CO; Lord Penney(?) C1(?) FTL

Thinking I'd been short-changed with one lousy fireteam, I turned out to have been generously apportioned two, at-least adequate fireteams. Our task was to seize an airfield that had escaped our clutches last session, with us coming in towards the ATC from the north while two other squads did their business at the other flanks.

After curbing the enthusiasm of my slightly over-eager fireteams, I lined us up nice and neatly and set us off down the road at a light trot. Soon a sharp-eyed FTL noticed some shady-looking types hanging around the ATC, not to mention an Ifrit parked illegally at its base. I was all for shooting at them with boomsticks, but my FTLs wisely counselled that we get a little closer first. However, as we finalised our maneuver, my danged internet router decided to pitch a fit for a little bit.

By the time I was back, everyone had taken charge with admirable initiative, destroying first the Ifrit and then its friends, and soon leaving the place littered with corpses and clear for our advance. With bullets starting to fly at our backs, we scooted inside the wall and started to clear the area, with C1 venturing inside the tower itself to clear it out and gain a vantage point.

Unfortunately that's when things started to explode, including the tower, everyone in it, me, everyone else -- but not Ardyvee(?), who managed to survive for a miraculously long time as the AAV responsible prowled around, trying and managing to kill him but having to expend a remarkable amount of ammo to do it.

A Friend in Need - FIA A3 FTL

Sometimes party unity is not what we all hope and believe it can be. :P This was amply demonstrated in this mission as schemes were plotted and backs were inexplicably stabbed.

The idea was a three-way tussle, with FIA defending some abandoned weapons crates from CSAT's grubby, thieving hands, while a smaller NATO team flew in to assist us and run interference.

Well, there was interference alright, but it came from an unexpected quarter. As my FT manned the M2s and set up a close defense around the caches and the others spread out to watch for CSAT, we heard the approaching engine of BLUFOR's chopper, as it landed just to our south -- just in time to be pelted with a healthy volume of heavy-caliber fire from the approaching CSAT force to the west. Friendly looking men piled out, and as I pelted them with amiable greetings they started behaving in a most confusing fashion. Taking an inordinate interest in the crates, we soon heard the distinct beeps of explosive charges being laid down. What what?

I made contact with one of the fellows and started exhorting him to rethink his plan. It had been made clear (or not, apparently) that NATO could only blow the crates if the mission were set up as an all-vs-all adversarial, as opposed to the jolly cooperation between BLU forces that had in fact been mandated. Assuming that the C4 was therefore just an insurance tactic, but with FIA leader Mingmong warning us to keep our fingers on the M2 butterfly-triggers, we grew increasingly worried as the NATO chaps started to pull back, reassuring us that everything would be fine.

It wasn't, though, as we soon heard explosions. Betrayal! Inex..plicable... betrayal.. ? For some reason?! In any case, it was clear what had to be done and we unleashed all our fury upon the mendacious and perplexing traitors. However, all our fury was only enough to kill two of the six NATO ingrates, with the rest handily wiping out most of the FIA remainders before pulling back.

In a further, and equally peculiar development, as CSAT closed in, BLUFOR placed some more satchels on their own chopper, but failed to destroy the hardy beast. The red force approached, and while whittling away at the NATO madmen, found a weapons create that had been left un-blown-up, and stole it.

All in all, a quite baffling turn of events, and I believe that we may need to make some adjustments to SuperU's Behavioural Improvement Implant post-haste. While he is chased down by our medical adjuncts, though, I might make the observation that if FIA and BLUFOR had actually met up and communicated properly with eachother, then this could all have been avoided. A slightly more timely and forceful explication of the respective alliances by the host/missionmaker would also have helped to avoid this outcome. However, 60% of the time, we learn from our mistakes every time. Hopefully the next run-through of this will be less filled with strife, at least, not the bad kind. <:)

Thrusting Crusader - A2 FTL, SuperU(?) SL

Taking a jaunt across the water to the island of Stratis, our force of NATO types lined up on the east side of the island, ready to push through a long, broad valley and into Agia Marina, then across to the airfield I believe. After a goodly long trek during which we engaged a few contacts and watched the Blackfoot attack chopper get swatted out of the sky, landing about 20-30m from us -- we crossed the valley and pulled ourselves up onto a hill overlooking the town. After getting attacked from the back by some enemies and also, possibly, an enemy Fer, my earballs spied the honeyed Persian tones of some inquisitive enemy soldiers coming up the hill towards us. As I called them out, they shot my lovely face and I had to watch the grieving remains of my squad first deal with them, then pile down into the town.

With the unfortunately very low performance at this point testifying to the large number of enemies still remaining, the rest were soon forced out of the town to ditch a last-stand defense at the radio tower overlooking it. Dannysaysnoo painstakingly climbed up the ladder to menace things with his enemy rocket-launcher, then took a victory swan-dive over the railing. Some angels descended from heaven but were apparently unsure whether he really deserved saving, as he started warping up and down through the geometry in a crazy fashion, marking the end of the mission.

Rally - Team Connor(?) driverman

With the hosts all abandoning us to our wiles despite the early hour, Satire took the reins as well as control of the pyrotechnics crew in the form of an infinitely-resupplied battery of Sochors. While us racers started tearing our way around the island, the outcome predicted by the party's covert psychiatrist played out with unnerving accuracy. Becoming utterly drunk with this new and unlimited power, Satire and the other pyrotechnics staff started unleashing an apocalyptic barrage of every imaginable type of munition upon us, and between the smoke-volleys, cluster-shells, and plain old explosions, performance was reduced to a slideshow, threatening to destroy the very fabric of virtual reality (or real virtuality) itself.

Some... adjustments will be made to curb these maniacal tendencies in future and ensure buttery-smooth racing.

Tankicious - Team Kefirz Jaeger Pilot 2

With the race abandoned halfway through due to the above issues, the last few hardcore party die-hards took to Head's newly-ported version of Tankicious, now with shiny new future-tanks. With most tanks sporting only one crew but ours including a positively excessive three, we all piled into the AO to duke it out with eachother. Turning north to engage the red menace, we camped in some bushes near the base of a hill for a while, sniping one unfortunate chancer only to get practically run over by another. With Jaeger sync-rates dropping fast, Kefirz's exhortations to Serpentine, Serpentine! led me to drive us out in front of the enemy and present our backside to them, which led to us being blown up in a way that it would be very easy to make cheap innuendo about.

All in all, a few growing pains were in evidence this session, but through the ongoing process of tweaking, adjusting, and general attunement to the Ways Of The Future, I know we'll cope just fine.

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

WORKSHOP
The Workshop Welcomes you to Altis! A dozen glorious comrades attended the premier Altis Resistance Fighter MILES Course to practice some fiery and maneuvery skills. Some minor issues were discovered with the non-Global'd init that shall be repaired in due haste, but IT LIVES! IT LIIIIIIIIIVES!

Seriously, though - thank you to those of you who came along. I'll do my best to provide more workshops in the coming weeks, though I cannot promise anything until after April 15th when my workweek will drop back to the proper 40 hours rather than 58.

Bay II: Electric Bugaloo
Deployed as Alpha 1 AutoRifleman
With one hell of an impressive MMG in my hands, I marched off at InverseLaw's beck and call, waddling through the weeds and suppressing houses full of enemies that invariably surprised people. Why do you think I took up an overwatch position of some kind every time we happened upon a building? Our platoon RAT racked up a few impressive kills, I and half the squad managed to down not one, but two enemy choppers with protracted small-arms fire. We put out enough rounds that we even slaughtered the helpless copilot... where... he... satISwearWe'reNotWarCriminals.

A BTR-Kamysh returned the favor, though, pumping tracery-high-explosive death (and a few grenades) into Charlie (who non-A1 elements of Alpha totally didn't friendly fire at the tower...) at point-blank range and scaring the bejeezus out of Alpha until our last RAT could pump a rocket or three into its hide.

A Friend In Need
Deployed as BETRAYEDFOR Alpha 2 Fireteam Lead
...I didn't know the saying ended with "...is someone you should exploit." That doesn't even rhyme :confused:

NATO arrived on the scene with all due haste. CSAT took their sweet time. And then...

Thrusting Crusader
Deployed as-- Oh... nevermind
My dulcet tones soothed everyone's ears as I gave the orders that a platoon commander is wont to give. We played Logistics Simulator 2035 for a couple of minutes as the squads sorted out where exactly we were supposed to be, and what vehicles we were supposed to take, and where we were supposed to go. Our Attack Helo took off and began scouting our immediate perimeter. Seeing nothing, they flew off to a nearby mountaintop, where they were to orbit and spot for enemies. Thus reassured by route reconnaissance that the immediate vicinity of our base was safe, we set off in our two HEMTTs, our hearts in our throats!

Not a minute later, about 1.5 klicks away from the first objective, bullets started pinging off our hilariously inappropriate trucks (seriously, transport HEMTTs? Complete overkill). There followed a very specific process:
  • 1) Stop the trucks
    2) Dismount
    3) Take cover behind a tree
    4) Get your ass filled with 6.5x39mm caseless
    5) Wait three minutes for someone to realize that the CO was the first casualty of the mission a hop-skip-an'-a-jump away from home base
:siiigh:

:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

SuperU

Post by SuperU »

Blufor orders were always to blow up the crates, there were never any orders to not blow them up!

Hoped you FIA bastards liked my mini-gun, that's what you get for shooting at my precious chopper!

tired hippo

Post by tired hippo »

SuperU wrote:Blufor orders were always to blow up the crates, there were never any orders to not blow them up!
There was mention of only blowing the crates if necessary in the situation note, mission description seemed to contradict that though.

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

Toaster gets friendly fragged. I stare into the souls of my enemy. Fun stuff.
The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"

Medic Eugene Roe

Post by Medic Eugene Roe »

Workshop was ok, although for the second time in a Workshop I couldn't hear teammates over bullets in maneuvers.

Bay II was ok, Charlie died but Alpha 1 was best one so we didn't even lose a man. I think. Although, we did discover a BTR-Kamysh behind us, and repeatedly nearly lost army mans clearing houses (by blundering into enemy line of fire).

After Friend In Need, where all of A3 except me (I died later running to a RV) was eliminated by BLUFOR. It's worth noting the hosts said over global: "this is not a threeway, blufor and indfor are firends". Well, not sure it was like that, but pretty sure friends was spelled like that. Either way, BLUFOR blew up the caches and the Ghosthawk opened up with miniguns afterwards. By the time CSAT finally arrived, there wasn't much to see, as INDFOR and BLUFOR mutually ripped each other apart. BLUFOR technically survived INDFOR's vengeance, but CSAT finished them off anyway.

I did not stay after Friend in Need due to a broken heart. Stupid NATO.