[Sun] 16 Mar 2014 (What was that?)

How we died (in the future)
fer

Re: [Sun] 16 March 2013 (What was that?)

Post by fer »

boberro wrote:One side with no protection, no optics, no light (pitch black mission on an island with not a single lit up place, really?)
With one exception (due to an F3 bug), every CSAT player had a torch attachment on their rifle/SMG. And it said so in their briefing. 2/10 for reading skills, but 10/10 for snark. Perhaps you should write for RPS? ;)
wafflynumber wrote:On this mission: This was immensely fun as Blufor, and at the end, remaining numbers were fairly equal. However, the lack of night vision for opfor understandably would make things difficult. My suggestion would be, instead of nerfing blufor, give fireteam leads torches on their guns, would do a lot to level the playing field!
See above, although in the next version I might give the CSAT SLs a chemlight each to place somewhere (they are horribly bright, so you'd be surprised at how effective just one can be in denying an area to BLUFOR).
Denel wrote:Where I was taken out by a diver stood in the water, the only part of whom I could see was his head.
Hmmm. That's odd, because the BLUFOR weapons can't be fired underwater. Will test ...

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

BLUFOR weapons can't be fired underwater.

FWIW, if he's actually standing on the sea floor (ie switched to the walking/standing animation), I believe it's possible to fire once your gun is juuuuust above the surface..

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

Fun session this. Lot of firsts for me xD

Back Foot:
No footage. I died fairly quickly. Pitch black it was. Not a fan of running in the dark...

Precious Cargo:
This was an ambush mission yes? I don't feel like there was any ambush at all. First time MAT. But I did my job!

Holiday:
First time Diver. Cool idea. Just maybe use an area with buildings? Should be a coastal town somewhere :O So the people with flashlights can feel more safe? I just like the idea of attacking from the water.

Rub Out:
First time Medic. I killed more people than I saved. Especially at the outpost at the end. IF a door is closed... people should probably check inside, yeah?
The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

The Back Foot
BLUFOR CO
The base being as open as it is, I had two fireteams spread forward, in an attempt to at best get a flanking hit on OPFOR, and at worst get a warning. However, the teams were forced to move further forward still to get any kind of a view. In retrospect, the entire idea was a dud. A1 got jumped and decimated, A3 made a valiant last stand, I got dropped stalling while the medic got away, the rest of the team dug in, and the base was lost.

Precious Cargo
BLUFOR MAT1 Gunner
BLUFOR planned a fantastic ambush here, and it would have gone even better had OPFOR cooperated. However, the opposition took it's sweet time moving in, which was a problem for MAT1 as the windmill hill blocked our view of the enemy. In the end, we moved up towards the windmill to see what all the fuss was about, and before I even got eyes on the Gorgon I got bushwhacked by stff from less than 10m distance. The day was saved by the vastly more competent MAT2 :D

Holiday
OPFOR B2 Reservist
B2 was skulking along the southwestern beach, waiting for some nasty stuff to pop out of the water. Soon, however, the attack began to the north, and we were called in. In a stroke of luck, I stopped behind a small rock for long enough to notice an elbow in a diving suit poking out. Scratch one. The rest of the team joined in on the fight, and dispersed into the woods when the night returned fire. We then took up defensive positions along the wreck, and felt pretty good about it until BLUFOR started dumping grenades in by the dozen. This was their undoing, though, as I managed to estimate their position and flank around a pair of blissfully ignorant frogmen :cop: . By that time, however, the wreck had been mined, I charged in shooting at the black and got caught in the blastwave. I don't even remember where the fourth kill came from.

Also, FWIW, I'm simply unable to view flashlights as anything more than a shoot me sign. I may be overcompensating for the STALKER flashbacks, though...

Burn
You know we had no time/we could not even try/You know we had no time/(solo)

Rub Out
BLUFOR ASL
Taking a southern route towards the hill on the far side of the town, the progress was overall smooth, even with the plan changing on the fly, the CO dying, and me messing up the comms. On the other hand, it's entirely possible I forgot to evac after the compound was clear.

P.S. Wrathz, your videos 2&3 are private.
[/allegedly]

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Damn nice shot Wrath!

Also second video is marked as private....it has nudity? (crosses fingers)
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Denel

Post by Denel »

Dogface wrote:FWIW, if he's actually standing on the sea floor (ie switched to the walking/standing animation), I believe it's possible to fire once your gun is juuuuust above the surface..
After reviewing my video footage I believe that to the be the case. So the game didn't consider him underwater as such.
For Reza our leaders, for Neocron the party, for the people...

Mamuto

Post by Mamuto »

I died in every single mission but definitely one of the more fun nights I've had with Arma 3.

By far my favorite mission of the night:
The Back Foot
Attacking MMG Gunner

As we started running South, the 2 man Bravo rolled into my element so suddenly we were a full strength fireteam ...with an MMG. Wanting to take full advantage of this, we pressed on to the South, sticking to the Eastern side of the AO. After a minute or two of running, I took a knee to catch my breath and steady the scope when I noticed two guys about 50-75m further to the South watching North. One looked my way. I looked his way. I will admit, I fired first and then quickly hid behind a tree as bullets impacted all around. We returned fire for about 20-30 seconds before I had the sudden desire to no longer be there. I called out for a disengagement, threw out a few smokes and booked it to the Northeast, then East. First skirmish resulted in 2 dead bad guys and no friendly casualties and probably the first time I've seen a Folk ARPS element disengage from a firefight successfully. That felt good but we weren't even close to done yet.

We headed further South and then started cutting back West. There wasn't much cover but we made due with what sparse tree and bush cover we had. We pushed to the edge of the tree line before a wide open field that I knew we had to cross. As we readied for a glorious charge, I once again noticed two dudes moving in parallel with us, East to West, but just North of us, moving on a friendly position. Frantically, I called out over Teamspeak if there were any friendly troops in the woods to our Northwest, and the moment that was cleared, we opened up. As soon as we did, we were counter engaged by either friendlies or the remaining defense force on the hill near the HQ. We dispatched the two close contacts and pulled back East again, going on yet another flank as Alpha 1 moved into the HQ.

As soon as A1 entered the building, they found themselves under fire from the hill to the South. Bad day for the defenders though, as the four of us showed up right behind them (after a glorious jog charge). I walked up behind one guy and put him down point blank, then fired at his friend down the length of a stone wall, effectively ending the pressure on Alpha 1. Knowing there must be at least one straggler somewhere, I started throwing nades and spraying some nearby bushes when to my great surprise they fired back and I took a hit to the head. The match ended pretty much immediately after.

Total tally, 3 awesome tactical maneuvers and 3 kills, including Ferrard hhehe :clint:

Stuff like the above AAR is why I love Arma so much. Good times.
Mamuto

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

I had the videos set to scheduled upload... Youtube fails me once again. They should be good now though :/
The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"