[Tue] 18 Mar (Not enough puns)

How we died (in the future)
Satire

[Tue] 18 Mar (Not enough puns)

Post by Satire »

Thanks to the 27 comrades who turned up this Tuesday to enjoy a great session of A3, and resist the temptations of the Red Dragon (mostly).

Our missions were:
  • Exothermic Reaction - Which saw concordance successfully defend his crystal maze from fiendish NATO dogs
  • Thrusting Crusader - In which we saw Lord Penney's evil DM side come out.
  • Self Service - Where AAF forces ambushed CSAT attackers, as their CO walked round the back to shoot our CO man and win.
  • Training Day - Seeing a force of FIA successfully destroy AAF Striders and extract. Even if they couldn't figure out what an ammo dump looked like...
  • The 309 Take - Where we learned that driving around in Technicals is bad for your health.

As always, feel free to post your recollections via the mediums of text, pictures, videos and interpretive dances of your people(s). Your feedback is always greatly received from the hosting team and the mission makers, so get writing! :cop:
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

WrathzRevenge

Re: [Tue] 18 March (Not enough puns)

Post by WrathzRevenge »

omg too much recording... so many videos... so little time Q_Q Lately all these missions have been good. wtf happened?!
The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Exothermic Reaction - Crystal Maze CO

I put Wolf in the German tower of power and split my other team on two sides of the dome and then just waited. Wolf got his observant face shot off so I moved around my other non German team, eventually some silly enemy chap decided to knock at the side door. A quick 100m aimed 40mm had him packing, when they tried it again at the main door they both went boom :owned:

Thrusting Crusader - IceRaiser's walking companion / Medic

A very nice walking holiday we had, sights to see including a naked Ice. My medical duties were called on only once when MAT were taking some sneaky fire from across the valley. I was able to see Antlers team get murdered horribly 1k away and once the attack helo turned up I legged it for the town with Ice shouting "its targeting by seniority". He was soon dead, and I decided to gather some of his belongings. I threw around some of my healing smoke and attempted to pry the pistol out of his 'sploded dead hands. I wasn't able to and foolishly left my cloud camouflage mid helo attack run. MMG was blasted then I too was murdered. Note for Penny, a line 'some supplies may be found' or something along those lines. So the meatshields know thar be AA launchers ;)

Self Service - A1 AR

dancemoox enjoy town ambush very much! The attacking force may have given the game away with a horn toot but they would have blundered into my full auto murderous suppressive fire grenade spam combo eventually. I killed five of you and gave IceRaiser a lesson in brick wall bullet penetration.. If only our CO wasn't so shootable we'd have won!

Training Day - MMG Assistant

I'll admit I missed the briefing on this one, I was away spending a penny. Once in I didn't get a chance, first I was distracted by my spiffy hat then in keeping up with MMG leader Wolf. Once Wolf died I grabbed his gun and legged it back to BSL Satire who promptly died. As did most of Bravo. I jumped on CC and began the semaphore signals, eventually Alpha responded. We killed bad dudes on the runway then fell back, then attacked. Not knowing there was boomboom in a box I started throwing HE grenades at the trucks we were to destroy. Turns out you need around six. I only worked out where the explosives were once Alpha had blown up the rest (they were right next to the boxes). Anyway I grew bored of the runway and legged it once the voice of Satire god instructed us to extract. I was without marker and far ahead. On the outskirts of the town I ran into a CSAT insectoid looking out to sea. The last two in Bravo lined up shots on the two dudes to his right and we dropped them. I then legged it into the village, grabbed a boat jumped on the back gun and killed another CSAT EI running out of one of the buildings. I called over the last of Bravo, tried to contact Alpha and with no response told Tiger to gun it, on leaving I suppressed the area of the village Alpha were attacking and took fire from Stff, he may have killed Tiger as he looked a little dead towards the end...

The 309 Take - MMG Gunner

Technical is fine, 2, 3, technical goes boom, 2, 3.

Thanks very much Satire for hosting, it was probably the best A3 session I've had thus far and not all of that was down to Ice being in his tighty whities ;)
ramming speed!

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I was a little late to this one but it shaped up nicely!

Thrusting Crusader

Due to my late arrival I was spectating rather than playing, but just as a note this mission seemed much improved. Firstly the enemy encounters seemed to be weighted/positioned more appropriately as a reasonably coherent force was able to make it into the town, although yes, the launchers should be announced if they're there, either that or more reliably check whether they've actually been found or not.

Secondly the performance was much better, going from ~6FPS in the first version, to 15-20FPs even in the town in the second version, which makes a big difference to playability. Good work!

Self Service - AAF CO

Continuing my compulsion to command this mission, this time I took the AAF side. Short on numbers and short on fear, I decided on a high-stakes approach, sending both of my FTs out of the AO leaving only me and Dr Wolfenswan to hold it. A1 went south into the town, to set up an ambush at the main intersection. A2 hopped off to the west to hide amongst the rocks. Wolfenswan tried to climb a building but got possessed by the ladder, floating around the place like a lunatic while I found a nice building to hide in.

A1 heard a truck and soon made contact, apparently ambushing them in fine fashion. A2 headed down to help them, holding off a flanking force in the west and helping to draw them into the town towards the murderous A1. However, at this point Wolfenswan was roaming around in a blood frenzy, leaving the AO. This meant that I was the only one holding it, and despite thinking I was oh so clever and secure in my building, I got walked up behind and capped in the head by the enterprising enemy CO. Booo!

Training Day - CO

A simple plan for simple mans. Instructed to take over an airfield and then bust our way out to some boats, I had minibravo and MMG head up onto the hills NW of the airfield, while Alpha threaded our way through the valley to their south, directly west of the airfield.

Things went well enough initially, as despite the terrain for Alpha being a little less favourable than I had thought, Bravo were able to provide some excellent covering dakkadakka from above. However, they started getting heavily engaged and soon enough they were all but wiped out. At the same time, Alpha was pushing forward, finding a nice gully leading all the way to the AO. It wasn't enough to stop me from getting killed, but it did allow the remainder of the team to push their way right up to the airfield, and make much boom boom on the trucks.

The 309 Take - A1 AR

We drove our trucks through misty and atmospheric marshes for a while to try and break out of a cordon, with Aquarius keeping us moving in a tacticool manner over the fields and into the solar array. We cleared this quite handily, with a couple of us climbing the big tower to enjoy the view, then moved out whereupon I got unceremoniously sniped in the head. D'oh!

Fun times!

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

So this happened... solo stealth mission ftw?

"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!

flyswatter

Post by flyswatter »

This was my first session with you guys and first off i like to say it was a blast! And thank you all for your patience with me. I tried to keep a low profile and follow orders while getting to grips with the meta stuff. Hopefully I didn't annoy you guys with some of my beginner mishaps :oops: . All in all it was a great fun and a learning experience. You will definitely see more of me :)

All the missions ran excellent on my machine. The missions felt extremely intense with all the new experiences in mind. I think I might be able to better feedback the missions when I get better at all this.

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

flyswatter wrote:Hopefully I didn't annoy you guys with some of my beginner mishaps :oops: .
Nope. You should come along for the main session on Sunday.

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

Bullet Proof Windows. And slow mo. To show. The mo. Of my foe...?

IceRaiser

Re: [Tue] 18 Mar (Not enough puns)

Post by IceRaiser »

Exothermic Reaction
Moon Medic.
We camped defended the Biohazard-dome, I called out some friendly VON as enemy and when the enemies finally opened our door(s), Moon exploded them with magic.

Thrusting Crusader
General Butt Naked
I split up the platoon to have a nice front towards the West, with Bravo(1) going along the southern border to scout (and get some fresh air) and A3 to our north, securing that ridge.

MAT and MMG moved slightly behind the center, ready to be called forth when they were needed.
Sadly for MAT, that ment being called up ONCE...
Please add more vehicles or just remove the MAT team, 'cuz I bet it wasn't fun staying 50+m behind everyone all the time 'cuz there's nothing to shoot at.
MMG, however, got to play a bit with Alpha 1 :)

As we reached the town each FT cleared out different areas; Bravo took the gas station and then moved to the Military Outpost on the hill(and dying horribly), A3 the "FOB" at the base of the valley(and then pushing into town), A1 and MMG took a nice overwatch position before A1 moved down with MMG providing excellent cover and A3 tried clearing out the north, with areas including the radio mast and chapel.

At this time an Mi-48 decided to show up. It flew over us, close enough for me to draw "lol penney suxxx" on it's belly, and then turned around and aimed his gun at me...
I ranmoved tactically away from MMG and shouted to Moon "It's targeting by seniority!", which was code for him to remove his "I'm with the CO"-shirt.
Sadly, the CSAT gunner's short-term memory was good enough to remember me... aaaaand we died

Big thanks to all the FTL's who manoeuvred their teams with the grace of a non-beached whale and esp. Antler and Satire(was it? A2) on the flanks who delt with both spotting for the main force as well as a little "cleanup service".

Self Service
Attackfor AAR
We pushed through town, met up with Moon and his friend who both decided to greet us with bullets.
I fell back, with bullets flying through the walls around me, to the closest friendly FT.
As I stepped out the door and thought "Safe!"... they shot me :siiigh:

Training Day
FTL, I think?
We walked, tried to get eyes on a patrol - who decided to walk straight to us and pop up 20m in front of us <.<

The 309 Take
Assgun for Moon.
We nabbed an armed techi from Wolf, since his Ass went AWOL, and drove him up to the front... Where we promptly dissed him and drove around with some bullets pinging our side.
All of a sudden the techie next to us just exploded. I tried reversing but we went BOOM as well. Closest enemies were in the fog, didn't see any RPG's getting launched...
:ALIENS: