How we died (in the future)
IceRaiser

[Tue] 01 Apr 2014 (We're using ACE)

Post by IceRaiser »

• Bay II
  • A Friend In Need
  • Rub Out
No, we're not switching to ACE...
After finding out that it's just a joke, the 26 comrades attacked Altis on all fronts.

Spanks for coming along, Bravo really is Best Bravo.

Don't forget that Vanilla+ is running a test session this Saturday (5/4-14) which means that there's no session on Friday.
Get the new modpack here.
Also released is the F2 V+ mission making framework, you can read about it and get a copy here.

WrathzRevenge

Re: [Tue] 01 Apr 2014 (We're using ACE)

Post by WrathzRevenge »

Bay II - I blew a few things up.

The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"

boberro

Post by boberro »

Rub Out, MAT
I joined for the last mission only to find out that I didn't finish last conversation with my lady, so I had to play with one ear dedicated to this conversation. Thankfully it looks like Toppometer knew my leadership skills already and stepped in to be in charge of communications.
While all fireteams were attacking from the southwest, the elements (that is 4 people) got south (that's us) and southeast (MMG). Unfortunately enemy didn't know that they're supposed to be interested in southwest only, so we stumbled upon 3 enemy fireteams, soon to be 5. We still managed to clear them out. Most of them that is, because last guy run into the forest. Toppo started shooting at him, and I moved directly behind his back. I leaned out and :psyboom: I'm dead.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Thirith

Post by Thirith »

This was my first Folk ARPS session playing Arma 3 and I greatly enjoyed it.

I'm afraid I don't have too many specifics to recount: I was in Bravo 2, following Dobbo in Bay II, and the mission gave me a great feeling of being a small cog in a larger battle. The engagements I was in were at fairly large distances, so I didn't see much more of the enemy than tiny heaps of pixels and larger, dead heaps of pixels up close. There was a close call with (I think) an Ifrit, but that was taken out quickly and efficiently by our AT guy. As we closed in on the farm we were supposed to blow up, I'm afraid I very quickly came down with a moderate case of bullet to the head, but it was cool watching the survivors Rambo it out.

A Friend in Need was... interesting. For whatever reason, my impression was that people on our side (Indfor, Blufor) weren't 100% clear on what was supposed to happen. What happened to me was pretty clear: we waited for Blufor to arrive so we could protect them, they approached, bullets started flying, and I got deadened without ever seeing the enemy. It was intense and I had a good time, but I don't think the issues with the mission have been solved just yet. Perhaps there's something about it that scrambles people's brains.

By the way, did anything come of the idea to have regular Folk ARPS meets playing Goat Simulator?
Last edited by Thirith on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar. Like eagles. Yeah. LIKE EAGLES... ON... POGO STICKS." - Grim Fandango

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Alpha 2 was kicking ass and taking names in Bay II.....and then....a GPG APC came to say hi.

I know A1 was asking permission to ASL to move to us...I wonder if there are time we should just act and ask for forgiveness later. If A1 had a rocket left they should been able to come to our aid immediately. Perhaps we were spread too far out?
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Tigershark wrote: I know A1 was asking permission to ASL to move to us...I wonder if there are time we should just act and ask for forgiveness later. If A1 had a rocket left they should been able to come to our aid immediately. Perhaps we were spread too far out?
Odd, i had already told them to send AT to your position and was trying to tell them the approximate direction of the APC a couple of times. Was i talking to command instead?! :?

But yeah, you got mown down horribly fast there. Also, regarding that mission, was it just me or did everybody have their compasses screwed on wrong? The amount of weird EI-report directions was pretty nice.

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Yeah. We were all calling out weird stuff. To be fair to a1...I called the Apc and then attacked troops next to it which appeared to aggravate it so I am largely to blame. Good job as Asl audio. Please do continue to take leadership slots.
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Thirith

Post by Thirith »

Quick P.S. on A Friend in Need: it may be an idea for the mission to define how Indfor and Blufor can communicate. There's definite potential there for unintended cheating - we started by trying to figure out how we should split up on TS3, but this should be defined by the mission maker or the host, not figured out on the fly by the players in those two groups.

For whatever reason (lack of communication? lack of clarity?), it felt like Indfor and Blufor occupied two different missions. Perhaps this is something that's supposed to emerge as the mission is played, but I don't think it would be too much hand-holding to provide a bit more guidance on this.
"Until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar. Like eagles. Yeah. LIKE EAGLES... ON... POGO STICKS." - Grim Fandango

Denel

Post by Denel »

Quick P.S. on A Friend in Need: it may be an idea for the mission to define how Indfor and Blufor can communicate. There's definite potential there for unintended cheating - we started by trying to figure out how we should split up on TS3, but this should be defined by the mission maker or the host, not figured out on the fly by the players in those two groups.

For whatever reason (lack of communication? lack of clarity?), it felt like Indfor and Blufor occupied two different missions. Perhaps this is something that's supposed to emerge as the mission is played, but I don't think it would be too much hand-holding to provide a bit more guidance on this.
There appeared to be a Blufor 'Intelligence Officer' available in the slotting screen who apparently started co-located with INDFOR. I assume that player would communicate through direct VON with the FIA and then relay information over TS to the BLUFOR command.

I think renaming the role to 'FIA Liason Officer' and adding the requirement to slot that in the mission description would be a good reminder for hosts.
For Reza our leaders, for Neocron the party, for the people...

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

There's a discussion thread for the mission. I've removed it from the server for now as I haven't gotten around finishing the next version yet (I didn't expect the current version would be played again due to last time's shortcomings)