[Tue] 08 Apr 2014 (Climaxes for everyone!)

How we died (in the future)
Lord Penney

Re: [Tue] 08 Apr 2014 (Climaxes for everyone!)

Post by Lord Penney »

Inverselaw wrote: Mission comments: No to teleporting/invisible parachuting/spawning hostiles on friendly positions. Yes to reinforcements showing up and trying to retake positions (especially a unit ordered specifically to retake observation post as its such a good place to shoot from). No to soldiers garrisoned in buildings they cant fire from, (steel box with bullet proof glass) In some cases it caused them to glitch out and fire through walls. Yes to more static defences so the airfield can fire back at the outpost (HMG nests). Engineers are not very useful with APC's as they rarely get damaged and mostly are either fine or exploded.
There are NO teleporting/invisible parachuting/spawning hostiles at all in the mission, hell the only new EI that move to flank you is the mechanised unit; all other EI are enemies that BLUFOR failed to clear. Although, I have a few ideas in the pipeline about retaking the observation post once BLUFOR get to it.

Excellent point about static defences! I'll certainly look into that!

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Not sure if this is what happened here, but a) If you have a PiP screen in front of you, you can normally 'sight in' to it with numpad-0 (or right-click?). Sometimes that gets bugged and doesn't work, in which case it can be fixed by getting out of the vehicle and back in again.

fideldonson

Post by fideldonson »

Climaxing Crusader
B2 AR
Moved with bravo to what i understod to be a bof position parallel with alpha. Hostiles front and back so we continued to the southern outskirts of the base. Moved slowly through the base and came under fire from various enemies that were able to poke their guns through the container walls and even as far as i could tell throw grenades through these solid steel walls. I think thats how our ftl bought it. Uncomfortably in command we continued our sweep through the base all the while taking fire from everywhere (or at least thats how it felt). Finaly when i thought we could take no more we won.

Precious Cargo
BLUFOR, A2 AAR
Spent most of the mission head down behind a rock listening to Cookie and our ftl working them selves into a scared frenzy.
I had just handed Cookie a box of ammo for him to rake up even more kills when apparently he had killed all the enemies (and a friendly lorry driver) and we won.

Bay
A3 AAR
Really nice atmosphere in this one. Just as we set out it seemed the other alpha fire teams were engaged - The fighting did not sound that intense so we continued for maybe half a minute. Pretty scary listening to ftl trying to contact the other parts of alpha (including alpha SL) only to realise they had been wiped out. We quickly fled the area and hooked up with Bravo to finish the rest of the mission in a manner i cannot recall at this time...

Really enjoy playing with you guys.

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Lord Penney wrote:
Inverselaw wrote: Mission comments: No to teleporting/invisible parachuting/spawning hostiles on friendly positions. Yes to reinforcements showing up and trying to retake positions (especially a unit ordered specifically to retake observation post as its such a good place to shoot from). No to soldiers garrisoned in buildings they cant fire from, (steel box with bullet proof glass) In some cases it caused them to glitch out and fire through walls. Yes to more static defences so the airfield can fire back at the outpost (HMG nests). Engineers are not very useful with APC's as they rarely get damaged and mostly are either fine or exploded.
There are NO teleporting/invisible parachuting/spawning hostiles at all in the mission, hell the only new EI that move to flank you is the mechanised unit; all other EI are enemies that BLUFOR failed to clear. Although, I have a few ideas in the pipeline about retaking the observation post once BLUFOR get to it.

Erm, i'm not saying Alpha tried to cover their incompetence by stating that there were invisible teleporting ninja squads at Alpha BOF. But we totally did that.... :oops:

Climaxing Crusader

What ended up as Alpha BOF is very overpowered re: laying down fire on the airfield. With the scopes it becomes a pretty shooting range with little need for further movement. The enemies coming in from the east do add some complications for whomever is at the BOF, but should be easily manageable. Add choppers, lots of them, to force us down to the airfield and into cover! :laugh:

Had a good time.

Precious Cargo

Nice mission. Want to play again.

Gaia

Post by Gaia »

Was there anyone in ASL, or A1 or A2 who knows what the hell happened in Bay? Was there something I could have done? AS CO, it would be nice to figure out what exactly went wrong...

zitron

Post by zitron »

Gaius wrote:Was there anyone in ASL, or A1 or A2 who knows what the hell happened in Bay? Was there something I could have done? AS CO, it would be nice to figure out what exactly went wrong...
A3 AT here, we arrived late at the scene. There were dead bodies everywhere around the two houses at the start. Against the wishes of my FTL to move on, I entered the houses, more dead bodies of friendlies and enemies. There was a single AI by one of the doors, killed him with bullets.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Gaius wrote:Was there anyone in ASL, or A1 or A2 who knows what the hell happened in Bay? Was there something I could have done? AS CO, it would be nice to figure out what exactly went wrong...
A1 FTL, Only A1 was ordered to clear that place, at first few seconds that we entered, it was alright, but then it all went downhill very, very fast from there. We managed to clear a building and I got shot in the back, while standing in the doorway. I have no idea what happened next.

And there were some grenades falling also, my AT guy went straight down from one and I got some shrapnel also from it.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott