[Sun] 04 May 2014 (I will always love you)

How we died (in the future)
fideldonson

Re: [Sun] 04 May 2014 (I will always love you)

Post by fideldonson »

Pancho
C1 AAR (glad you got the Fidel part right Homercleese)
Arrived late for slotting so i got to go in with the first reserves in Charlie 1. Getting into the mission as a reserve was really cool. Felt like we were being sent in to get the job done... We quickly ran into and - i guess - through elements of alpha. Which caused some confusion. And then began clearing houses up the main street. I went round the back of a building with Hippo, went in and cleared it. Upon coming out we were hit hard by fire from across the backyard and Hippo went down - i duck back in and when i sneaked a peak out the door the enemy elements were gone. I got out continued to the next house with Homercleese and was killed in close quarters on the first floor. :jihad:

Regarding reserve spawning:
It seemed like a really good idea to have the option for reserves on the first mission of the session. That way the late comers had a chance to join up (we were at least three). However i also really enjoy the one strike and you are out policy of your games, so i am in doubt. I definitely think a slow trickle of spawned reserves would mess these sessions up a fair bit. A one time reserve slotting with a clear goal for the reserves (either set up by the mission or by thorough thought from the leadership on the ground) is the way to go.

Edna
A2 AR
Sorry to mess up the dream team there.
Seemed like we had spent most of the mission maneuvering cross country and laying down a storm of steel and was ready to move into the AO proper when the mission was won. :dance:

Holy Stones
Bandana A2 (i think)
This one was entirely too dark for my sore eyes. As soon as we entered the first building iI literally could not see anything. Relying on my radar to follow my team i suddenly found myself upstairs and far away from my mates. Getting back out by counting my steps took forever and by the time i caught up with my team at the market place we lost. I acknowledge i have to clean my monitor, but please turn up the light just a little on this one.

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Pancho
A2 AAR
Under the brave leadership of comrade Ferrard, we advanced with a few scratches, but no significant damage into the final town. En route, I managed to aquire an RPG, which, together with my rather generous portion of AR ammo, somewhat dampened my responsiveness in the city fight. Once we entered the town proper, we proceeded to clear house-by-house, I got promoted to AR and got to gun down another AR at melee range, much to the freakout of the FTL. With the town cleared, we declared victory and celebrated exuberantly. And by exuberantly I mean there were casualties :roll: .

Edna
A2 AAR
Under the brave leadership of comrade Ferrard, we advanced up the hill and rained lead below after Bravo went too far. The rifle fire proved ineffective at what seemed to be the ranges we were gonna be shooting from, so I, erm, apropriated an LMG. Turned out to be a good idea, what with all the static emplacements at over half a kilometer away. Moving further on into some reeds, we exited next to the town we previously scorched from the hilltop. As I said, rifle fire proved ineffective. So, moving in with a wave of reinforcements, charlie got to reach the town just in time to declare victory.
[/allegedly]

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Homercleese wrote:Tiger, that's a post season 10 episode and therefore sacrilege with it's inclusion of modern US pop culture references. Instead I give you:

I can't be expected to remember two methods of performing the same action!
Touche

Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

PhilFlame

Post by PhilFlame »

fideldonson wrote:Regarding reserve spawning:
It seemed like a really good idea to have the option for reserves on the first mission of the session. That way the late comers had a chance to join up (we were at least three). However i also really enjoy the one strike and you are out policy of your games, so i am in doubt. I definitely think a slow trickle of spawned reserves would mess these sessions up a fair bit. A one time reserve slotting with a clear goal for the reserves (either set up by the mission or by thorough thought from the leadership on the ground) is the way to go.
I second that.

I also arrived late for slotting and slipped in as reserve in Charlie 1. Moving into the AO, bolstering the forces, pushing forward - it felt like being a glorious calvary charge.

But I too strongly feel reserve slotting should be minimized to one time occurences in a few select missions. From a player perspective, respawns diminish tension and the significance of tactics. Also, relying on respawns or reserve spawns could (intentionally or unintentionally) lead to longer missions. The beauty of your current missions is they are short, focused, replayable - and 'failable'.