[Sun] 11 May 2014 (Tigershark never dies)

How we died (in the future)
Aqarius
Host

Re: [Sun] 11 May 2014 (Tigershark never dies)

Post by Aqarius »

Kav
NATO B2 FTL
The mission began with a fell omen, as our RAT found he was unable to avert his gaze from the heavens. Dismayed, he was released from the server and the Ai took over...and just stood there staring into space. So, now three-man strong B2 advanced, dismouted ar the "Smiling CO" grill and waffle house, and moving through the reeds in safety, stormed a small compound away from alpha's cover. And got killed.
C2 FTL
The mission began with a fell omen, as our AAR Head was not there, and It took me a while to figure out why this new guy Christian wasn't responding. So, we spent the mission runing around with a Headless client :D . Turned out pretty well. Highlight was the CSL incredulously asking if we "really are where our marker is". Yes, yes we were.

Friend in Need
CSAT CO/ASL
Sent Bravo to what apparently passes for a hill around there, whlie leading Alpha around in some semblance of a plan. Said semblance flew out the window when we were buzzed by a chopper, piled out to shoot at it, and ended up just charging for the objective. Too slow, it seems.

Crateresistance
AAF BSL
Now THAT is what I call a hill! anyway, the caches were closer together, very much so, and with the hill utterly dominating the landscape, we tried some fancy footwork around the base. Bravo made a "sneaky" expedition through the woods to the north, while some dude with binocs from Blufor was "sneaky" about watching us from the hill :laugh: . Anyway, the inevitable happened, we were rearended by a blufor fireteam, and I suck at UGLs. :suicide:
Aryvee had a hell of a run, though. Or at least Dancemoox seemed to to have fun hunting him
[/allegedly]

INinja132

Post by INinja132 »

Kav
Bravo Medic

Bit of a boring one for me in all honesty. Cool advance with IFVs in the beginning, I think they add a really nice feel to the game. As we approached the group of buildings that would see half of our squad getting killed as well as our two IFVs, I proceeded to hide behind the big warehouse and patch people up. Failed to realise that the AI apparently knows it can shoot through sheet metal, and I took a bullet which fortunately didn't do anything more than inconveniencing me.

After we cleared that area we did a whole lot of sitting around, then we pushed East where I saw my first enemies of the day hiding in a small building. I'd had the prescience to pick up some grenades earlier on, and took both of them out. Mission ended not long after.

A Friend in Need
Opfor Alpha 2 AR - FTL = Homercleese/AAR = Dan/AT = Iceraiser

Having engaged the chopper (as mentioned earlier in the thread) we hoofed it over to the convoy. We were about halfway through a nice wide flanking manoeuvre, engaging sporadic enemies in the opposite forest, when Blufor won the mission.

Cratesistance
FIA Alpha 2 AAR - FTL = Homercleese/AR = Dancemoox/R = gamma_gandalph

My first video!

Apologies for the weird letter-boxing, I slightly botched the resolution when I was recording. Still, enjoy what happens when you give Folk civilian vehicles apparently.

Bay
MMG Assistant (MMG = Homercleese)

Quite fun really, just chummed around with Homer for a while, calling out some targets. We both ended up with the bug where your sights become offset from your actual aim (this happened to anyone else?). Our first close contact came as we were setting up over-watch for the attack on the town. I checked over the crest to our West and pretty much ran into someone. After two clips and seemingly no damage, I eventually just threw a grenade at him. Victory was shortlived, alas, as Ardyvee's grenade dealt with me.

Lithion

Post by Lithion »

Kav
IFV 2 Gunner IFV/CMD: Willem Driver: Issus

Following IFV1 and getting a frontrow seat to it's untimely demise, IFV 2 dismounted its infantry and after they secured a foothold we pulled up next to the now burned-out wreck of IFV1. Together with Alpha 2 we dealt with the remainder of the enemies where the IFV's thermal optics shined in dealing with leftover stragglers while Alpha started pushing up to their objective. Carefully moving us to safe firing positions, Comrad Commisar Willem guided me on the infantry left on MG hill. Mindful of the laser-ICBM-AT we held back while alpha increased their firepower tenfold by recrewing weapons.
Scanning around and spotting a EI fireteam on the opposite ridge, I informed the commander and neutralized them from ranges up to 900m. This stayed on for a while, until we were called on by CO to taxi the engineer to some disabled IFV belonging to Charlie. Next up we were tasked with joining the force push and ultimately hunting the enemy IFV. After hearing it's autocannon roar we slowly crested the ridge between us and the target in a sideways manner, allowing me to open up can of APFSDS on its roof, finishing it off within a second. Success!

:hist101: Number of missions without eating a GL: 2

A friend in need
Bravo 2(?) AR
Shortly after dismounting, we took up our overlook position together with our Ifrit. Enemy Helo came in very close and slow, while we were gasping at it for a second. Both the helo and Bravo opened up simultaneously, trading their door gunner for our Waffles. We traded long range fire with Blufor while they closed in and destroyed their objective.
Fin
I don't like pie, come at me internet.
-Lithion

crustycuffs

Post by crustycuffs »

Aqarius wrote:Kav
NATO B2 FTL
The mission began with a fell omen, as our RAT found he was unable to avert his gaze from the heavens. Dismayed, he was released from the server and the Ai took over...and just stood there staring into space.
After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, this very same RAT discovered the cause of his sky-fixation: a console controller casually discarded across the carpet-plain. Said controller was left pressed against the floor with the nipple-columns jammed upwards, most likely following a marathon dark souls session ending with death at the hands of a double-ended horsebeast.

Still I got to be an engineer!