Bodge

[Tue] 13 May 2014 (Our Little Secret)

Post by Bodge »

Missions:
  • Goat Ridge
  • Holy Stones
  • Surfin
  • infection
A fairly low count today maxing at 24 players. We fielded a couple of squads that worked well in tandem on goat ridge and worked well at slaughtering each other in Holy stones with a bit of an afterparty. If you had a good session and would like to give something back then please consider letting people know about your experiences and your thoughts.

Thoughts and reports below:

head

Re: [Tue] 13 May 2014 (Our Little Secret)

Post by head »

Goat Ridge
CO

Deciding today that we would do something original i decided to flank far east.

Nothing really special happens tho, we just fought our way trough the charlie filled forests.

Everyone did good and it was a nice day for macro commanding.

Holy Stones
A2 FTL on Bandanna side. (OPFOR)

Tasked with the house row to our east we set off, half my team decided to run the other way and ended up meeting some nice guys in hats.
Me and hippo continue on with our glorious mission secured the house and popped a few grenades at the enemy, sadly our fun was interrupted by the cal that the Aziz forces had taken the bunker, digusted by the idea of Aziz manhandling them sexy stones i rushed across the field and heroically tossed myself into the bunker killing the lone hat wearing bastard inside, then i hid for 5 minutes. Glory to Azom

Surfin

More to come later when i'm not as tired.

Thirith

Post by Thirith »

How long did Goat Ridge go on for? I got killed five minutes into the mission (RIP Alpha 2) and then restarted Arma 3 because play withSIX was acting up and sthud wasn't working. Of course that's when I realised that I couldn't rejoin as a spectator, so I hung around for a while and finally left when I realised that the mission could go on for a while yet. (I would've had to leave by 9pm UK time anyway.)
"Until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar. Like eagles. Yeah. LIKE EAGLES... ON... POGO STICKS." - Grim Fandango

Halop

Post by Halop »

Goat Ridge
Alpha Medic

Under the glorious leadership of Kefirz alpha some some early action, with an angry static MG completely tearing up A2 save for one guy, then we went into the forest and got shot at some more. I was working overtime, repairing the same bloody red arms of a lot of people, people also died. After clearing the forest we arrived at our objective the radio tower, an IFV was far away and angry so we took it out Toppometer the A1 FTL aiming the launcher.

After that we regrouped with Bravo and took over the radio tower, but Alpha took fire from the direction we came from - the forest. Alpha shooting at bad guys.

The mission ended with our new AT arrival taking out an enemy Ifrit. Here is the killing blow, notice the missile in travel.

Overall fun mission, a bit of hiking simulator here and there but action in the forest is always fun and tense.

Holy Stones
Bandanna team, AAR
Fer's fireteam

We rushed as quickly as possible to a house near the market objective and took cover at the top floor. I shot a bunch at people in windows, but it was mostly ineffective due to my bad aim. My position, the smoke to the left designates friendly position. There was a guy in that building im aiming at right now, he kept popping in and out occasionally, didn't kill him.

Due to the lighting, I could only see people if they were illuminated by the light posts, or by following muzzle flashes. But in the end we won by taking over the stones.

Surfin
A1 FTL turned SL

As soon as we disembarked the choppers and moved out, Bodge, our SL bit the bullet, being A1 FTL I took over as Alpha SL.Head, A2 FTL almost being run down by a technical

I like playing FTL, I feel kinda comfortable in that role as it doesn't require much management, usually your teammates know what to do, but as soon as I turned on CC - information overload, and it became hard to concentrate. Got orders to push forward, to make it less difficult I gave command of A1 to my AR - Tigershark. I did fireteam bounding maneuvers into the city. We blew up some technicals.

The clusterfuck arrived when we pushed into the city proper - I ordered A2 to get into a building, and A1 and MAT - a little bit to the north, just outside the town. Now what I didn't know was that there were dozens of enemies hiding in the hills north, complete with a static MG, A1 and MAT was being shot at from 2 directions - north and from the town. I then received orders to push up north, but I couldn't carry them out because I was shot.

In spectator mode I saw Alpha pushing north into the dozen enemies and being completely mowed down by the MG. Only survivor was Tigershark, and justice was served to that MG

Bonus screenshot - our CO, Aqarius being Patton

Infection

Nice brain-eating action, although the "bandage" script is broken and will freeze your character indefinitely :laugh:

INinja132

Post by INinja132 »

Goat Ridge
Alpha 1 AAR - Toppometer = FTL/ Inverselaw = AR/ Pickers = AT

I always enjoy this mission, I think the forest and valley terrain is really good fun to fight in - lots of ambushes and close range engagements, mixed with longer range stuff so it tends to be paced fairly well as well. Key beats are in the video above, I didn't really play much of a role in the final assault, mostly just hanging around near the back covering our rear.

Holy Stones
Aziz (Hatfor) Alpha 2 Militiaman - Dabbo = FTL/ Toppometer = AR/ Rook = Militiaman

Unfortunately I was getting some crazy frame rate issues on this mission (and the subsequent one, not really sure why) so I spent a decent chunk of it in menus trying to fix it. Our team was tasked with getting a base of fire position overlooking the market from the south, but thanks to a couple of wrong turns and some complicated building placement we ended up a bit dispersed.

Managed to take someone (can't remember who I'm afraid) out after they ambushed me from behind and unloaded an entire clip three feet to my left. I span around and managed to drop them with a couple of bursts. Clearly the warriors of Azoz were no match for us! I hid in a building trying to get a decent angle on the market, and was shot and killed instantly, leaving Toppo as our last man standing. The timer triggered and we lost.

Surfin
Bravo Medic - Fer = SL

Another fun, fairly action heavy mission. I didn't do a whole lot of fighting until we got into the town proper, where I managed to drop a few enemies before our final push towards the warehouse. With the technical outside neutralised we proceeded into the warehouse for beer and celebrations.

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

I dub this picture: Alpha's revenge

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/328 ... DCF93E872/
[/allegedly]