[Tue] 20 May 2014 (Ice math is best math)

How we died (in the future)
IceRaiser

[Tue] 20 May 2014 (Ice math is best math)

Post by IceRaiser »

Missions:
  • Edna
  • Roomservice
  • In Denial
  • Infection x3
Big thanks to all 34 crazy muppets farmers comrades that showed up tonight.

Here's a few screenshots I took during the session.

audiox
Host

Re: [Tue] 20 May 2014 (Ice math is best math)

Post by audiox »

Edna
ASL => CO || CO : Tigershark, BSL : Fer, A1 : Aquarius, A2 : Kefirz

So, i found myself sandwiched between Tigershark and Fer in their party bus again. :? || the doctors will be here shortly to scrub the images away || This time with Tiger on the gung-ho-co trail and Fer on a helluva Bravo-run. They both did a great job, and everything was going nice and easy.

Then A1, which i had sent slightly further north to see what was happening to the north-east, started firing/taking fire. That lasted for a minute or so before Aquarius, their FTL, croaked. That complicated matters slightly, and Tiger had Bravo move out east and engage targets from their location. (Slightly further to the south of Alphas.)

All of alpha was very exposed on the top of the hill, and moving directly east provided little to no cover against the enemies that kept firing from north through east. A1 was in trouble, and A2 under Kefirz had the good sense to move more north-eastwards to get to a position that at least provided some cover from the northeastern sector. The only problem was that we were now open for being engaged from the Alpha Objective and Bravo Objective hills to the east/southeast, and that was impractical. We also appeared to have a straggler directly south, but i might be wrong about that.

It was difficult to use the IFV too much, as it got hit by AT as soon as it crested. After a while it got a good firing position on the ObjA/B hills, and our approach was made much easier.

Meanwhile, Comrade Tigershark had come one step closer to his apparent goal of dying as CO in all of Fer's four mechanized missions. :siiigh: It'll be a steam achievement any day now. :laugh: there was no suspicious surviving medic in this incident at all, none i say.

Then, as i tried to get my bearings, at least savoring the fact that i had TWO medics :dance: both medics were mown down right next to me. :fry: Then, as the IFV moved a little bit further ahead, it was turned into a fireball.

Luckily for us all (except the impatient guys in limbo....) Fer and Bravo was on a roll, and mowed down things and thangs left and right on their way down the road. I slowly and unsurely crawled out of my "alpha is all gonna die" hole and pretty much let Bravo do their thing whilst using Alpha as a suppressing element towards the city and reeds towards the east. Our elevated position made it into a risky turkey shoot, and we took a great deal of return fire.
It was difficult to move around, since every kind of move we could make would put us downslope towards Edirne, and in the sights of many an angry muppet.
So i did the sensible thing and sent Alpha 2 out there anyways to get better coverage east/southeast. This turned out to be a good idea, since they A : were not mown down, and B : found a lawnmower. I didn't see it myself, but this is how i imagine Comrade Kefirz handled the HMG he found : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwenTedA3w8 :clint:

Then reinforcements were had. (Which i really like, by the way. Its great to suddenly have more and unexpected forces at ones disposal!) Another IFV kicked the bucket and Charlie advanced from the north to the south to assault Edirne together with Bravo. Unfortunately i didn't make it clear enough that Charlie were to hold until Fer gave the word, so they charged ahead, but that seemed to turn out all right nevertheless.

Roomservice
Attackfor A1 FTL

So, for the second time in a row for this mission, i try to take a shortcut over the garbage outside the southwestern entrance, and end up stuck in the floor. :hist101:

In Denial
CO ASL : Dogface, BSL : Halop

This is our plan guys! Let me just get out my binoculars..... Aaaaaaand change of plans! :jihad:

I had Bravo hold at the starting city and hoped that they could keep both bunkers sufficiently covered with bullets to make Alphas approach on the left side of the road survivable. Then i fell under the spell of "assault CO is best CO"-thoughts. :roll: For once i actually managed to hit something, and cleared out the bunker on the left side of the road pretty much empty handed. Then i got overly enthusiastic and all of a sudden Dogface and Halop had to get out the Ouija board to communicate with me. :oops:

After my death Alpha and Bravo just sat around for a while with a big "flank me" sign on their backs, waiting for the inevitable machine gun fire to rain down on them from any direction the AI could be bothered to run to. Which the AI promptly did. They even managed to re-mount the bunkers by the city entrance, and to be honest, they were -really- far away from that when i died.....

But yeah, we've played that mission mostly at night and in fog, i think. Basically what i wanted was for us to avoid the inner city, since we always go there, and get right in on the Factory-action. Thus it was, sadly, not to be.....

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Comrade Daskal wrote:Out of commission, become a pillbox. Out of ammo, become a bunker. Out of time, become heroes.
That basically sums up some of my experience in IFV3.. That and Fer shouting 'stop the shooting its so loud' :psypop:
ramming speed!

fer

Post by fer »

dancemoox wrote:That and Fer shouting 'stop the shooting its so loud' :psypop:
This is an unexpected issue for us in mechanised missions; when both Marshalls were firing their HMGs it was practically impossible to hear anything on TS or CC!

Halop

Post by Halop »

Edna
IFV Commander

After hearing Tigershark's orders to "try and keep our IFV assets as long as possible" I tried to be super careful, so I waited for Alpha to crest the hill before gently taking a look ourselves. As soon we crested - we immediately took an RPG hit but somehow survived, only having orange hull damage! We fell back down the hill and waited for about 10 minutes and making sure the coast was clear - moved to our previous position on top of the hill and started killing guys 1 km away.
All seemed well but then we suddenly exploded seconds after I said to alpha SL that "we were fine".

I reinforced as Charlie medic, fresh off the IFV into the war-torn battlefield I saw my previous squad - the shellshocked alpha with only a handful of people remaining alive. I healed them up and gave verbal encouragement. :D

Roomservice
B1 FTL

We sneaked up on the compound - rushed to the second floor and started to clear rooms. Never saw the enemy, because I was fragged, Vietnam style, by my "comrade" Kefirz :lol:

In Denial
Bravo SL

So the plan was for Bravo to cover Alpha's infiltration, so we took cover and waited for Alpha to get engaged. The AI went active, and we started killing them. Somewhere along the line, CO went quiet and Alpha took over and revised the plan - we were to head west and approach in a ditch into the town. It was really hard to disengage as we were being shot up from everywhere, and alpha was too far away to provide cover and we needed to cross open terrain, thankfully the FLT's were more competent than me and covered their escape with smoke.

We arrived at the ditch and joined alpha in one giant doomstack of infantry. It was impossible to peek out of the ditch because we immediately took heavy fire, I just told to follow alpha to the end. I also managed to doom B1 because my orders were not clear and they ran out of the ditch to get shot at :siiigh:

Then Alpha SL died so I became CO, yay! Told everyone to make thier way into the city for glory :hist101:

Anyway I found that all was well in the beginning when both squads could cover each other, but later we split up and didn't have vision on each, so both squads basically operated alone, but it was fun nevertheless, I liked the TS3 Crosstalk plugin that makes TS really quiet when someone is talking on CC, but the downside is that I frequently didn't hear my FTL's.

Alibambam

Post by Alibambam »

My first time ever playing here.

Had an absolute blast of a time.
Mission 1:
Started as a automatic rifleman of the fire-team A3. Kefirz being my fire-team leader if I'm not mistaken. We bravely made our way to our goal but I was taken out pretty much instantly once we passed the ridge by a lone enemy gunman, tough luck! I reinforced as Charlie and made our way to the final objective, I was ordered to station myself in the 2nd floor of the building while the other fire-teams crossed the riverbed towards the hostages! Good fun!

Mission 2 PvP:
In the 2nd mission I was part of the fashionable bandana-wearing OPFOR's. I covered the South-West side, seemed pretty quite untill I heard some chatter coming from the terrace on the floor below, I slowly crouched towards a window overviewing the terrace and suddenly I see an entire fire-team, and they definitely saw me. Some hasty, panicky shots were fired. Eventually we got overrun, and I got killed on the stairwell, I was able to take out 2 enemies though!

Mission 3: Bunker madness
The 3d mission was good fun, we got hammered pretty hard by the bunker on the road, eventually we relocated and gathered with all Alpha and Bravo squads. And made our way down the ridge towards the village, one by one our fellow comrades were dying. Eventually just me and 2 other guys were the only human players left, we made a banzai charge out of it, but sadly either the hosts forced the mission to closed or the time ran out anyway it abruptly ended!

I also participated in all 3 infection maps, good fun! Died relatively quickly but I was able to infect quite a few people.

I'll definitely try to make it for this Sunday, I had a great time! Thanks for having me, I'm happily participating in the Skype Chat (Alexander).

INinja132

Post by INinja132 »

Edna
Bravo 2 AAR - FTL = Lord Penney/AR = Dan/AT = MrKev

Room Service
FIA (Hatfor) Alpha 2 Gang Member - Gang Leader = Homercleese/GM = Lord Penney/GM = Toppometer

Another quick and dirty adversarial. We started taking grenade and sporadic SMG fire even before we got into the compound, losing at least one team member. After we rushed the hotel and got set up on the Eastern end, we discovered the perils of attacking stairs, as grenades rained down from above. I opted to switch direction and head North following the death of pretty much all of Alpha from what I could tell. At the bottom of a set of stairs someone appeared in our TS channel and told us to switch to Bravo's channel instead. Just as I alt+tabbed back into the game an enemy walked around the corner above me and we filled each other full of lead.

In Denial
Bravo 1 FTL - AR = Tired Hippo/AAR = Dancemoox/AT = TacticalSloth

Another crushing loss glorious victory on this mission. We proceeded down the road for a few hundred meters, and pretty soon started taking fire from seemingly every single direction. In an attempt to get out of at least some of the fire we followed Alpha's line of assault along the Western side of the road instead of keeping along the East. I accidentally overshot the building we were heading for, but we regrouped as a squad and pushed off. Unfortunately as we were scouting towards a building in the middle of a field Hippo took a hit and went down, whilst TacticalSloth got wounded in the building. Spread out across pretty much completely open ground, I ordered everyone to regroup on Sloth's position, thinking that Hippo had just taken an unlucky hit. Apparently not, as an entire enemy squad lit me up as I sprinted across one hundred meters of open ground. Not my finest commanding I must admit.

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Edna
B1 FTL
Perched as the left flank of a swinging squad, we crested and tried to get eyes on any enemy contacts. Scanning the horison, we advanced to get a better view of the lower hillside. Then i got shot by EI from 20m away. :v:
IFV 4 driver
After suffering comms difficulties (CSL was inaudibly quiet) we drove on, disgorged Charlie, and provided fire support. Then we took an RPG to the side. With the hull in the red and the turret out of commision, but miraculously not being exploded yet, we retreated, reasessed our situation, and decided to continue on food. We made it just far enough to participare in the final assault on the river bed.

Room Service
FAI CO
Kludged together some kind of a plan, while the enemy just straight up charged the hotel, because of course they did :siiigh: . So, sending everyone into the fray, I managed a kill or two before the inevitable happened. I need to lay off the command for a while...
[/allegedly]