[Sun] 25 May 2014 (Shameful Display!)

How we died (in the future)
fer

Re: [Sun] 25 May 2014 (Shameful Display!)

Post by fer »

Comrade Doofling, great to see you return to the revolutionary fighting brigade! I also dislike the textured map, but there is good news: whilst in map mode, a button to the top-right of your screen allows you to toggle the texture, returning you to the (IMO far more useful) non-textured map mode. No addons required!

IceRaiser

Post by IceRaiser »

Pressing Enter should switch between the modes as well.

Doofling

Post by Doofling »

Thank you, I was a tad annoyed at the devs last night, it being quite hindering in what I like most about Arma: Reading maps (this is no joke :P ).
But I guess I was too quick to judge and will be back at reading maps with full enjoyment next time I play.

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Citadel
A1 FTL
Perched on top of the hill, spotted some targets, and then unleashed a hailstorm augmented by the armoured troops. Bravo breached, we joined, and the whole thing was over in time for antique shopping.

3-10 to Kavala
B1 FTL
We casually srtolled towards a set of buildings, and found ourselves under fire from randoom infantry, and wha I can only assume was an HMG armed hellbeast. In total confusion, B1 found ourselves running sideways along the front line, I got shot and went down, and as I asked for the medic the rest of the team valiantly tried to save me, but went under themselves. The last sounds I remember hearing before the darkness hit was BSL biting it, and the medic running towards us chanting "...llalivepleasebestillal..."

Jolly Cooperation
CSAT covered Alpha, as we went in for a fairly standard woodland approach. Dramatization
[/allegedly]

H4MM3RSTON3

Post by H4MM3RSTON3 »

My first session with FA as well. This is truly the way ARMA is meant to be played. Aside from a few issues with VON the session went really well I think.
I participated in the mentioned workshop and all of the missions as AR and Assistant AR.

I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the next one!

Edit - Here's a short video of the assault on Citadel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVYeTM5exhU

fer

Post by fer »

Welcome to the revolution, comrade H4MM3RSTON3! Very glad to hear you enjoyed the session. Thank you also for posting that video - you might want to look at this thread for copies of the FA idents and details of how to get your stuff on the official FA channel. Looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield again, and more videos!

:v:

Ardyvee

Post by Ardyvee »

It was an enjoyable session overall. There was too much fog for my taste, but I'll admit it made the driving actually challenging!

Also, for whoever is interested, below is the video of 3-10, where as far as I know I simply dropped dead without knowing I had been bleeding out. Maybe I missed it. Maybe there wasn't. I don't know.

I might upload more videos if I find anything worth watching. And thanks to our dear host fer!