[Sun] 08 Jun 2014 (Weatherman)

How we died (in the future)
Ferrard Carson

Re: [Sun] 08 Jun 2014 (Weatherman)

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Snippers wrote: Self-Service
I was the sole defender who was tasked with watching the flank that the assault actually came from, when the attackers arrived I immediately saw 3 guys coming over a ridge about 40m away and I had a oh crap moment.
Oh, you were the poor unlucky bastard we overwhelmed first! Turns out, light-infantry infiltration and shock tactics straight out of the Korean War work pretty well :dance:

More seriously, yeah, you got spotted by Tigershark's UAV, so we knew exactly what we were charging into. Good plan from CSAT CO Aqarius, bad luck for you. Glad you're enjoying the sessions though!

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

intel provided by our handsome and talented UAV operator.
Finally the credit I deserve. Thanks Aquarius :-)
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Mamuto

Post by Mamuto »

Self-Service
Defending side
Our fireteam was turned into the "go sit in the city and wait for the enemy" squad which really didn't pan out at all. We sat around for 10-15 minutes, joking about how the enemy will probably come from the North or East, or West... basically any direction but where we were. Once the gunfire started, we tried to double time it back, but I called out that we'd probably not make it back before the mission would end. I was correct, sadly. 6 of us never saw an enemy nor fired a shot.

Morning Sortie
Alpha 2 FTL with Sethro, Kefirz, and Tigershark
Early on, I called out a bunch of contacts including a patrol moving right to left and slightly away from us. We followed them, pushing up to a small hill with plenty of rock cover, giving us an ideal ambush position. Well, ideal for everyone except Kefirz, who had a delicious lead breakfast right there and then. Having avenged his death, the rest of the mission went more or less smoothly. Needs more death! Suggestion: the reinforcements came one at a time, making each vehicle an easy target. Maybe throw in an armored vehicle or have them come in in a convoy. Then again, Arma AI...

Foxhunt
We few, we happy few. I had an LMG, it was dark, and we were outnumbered :mrgreen:
Looking at the map, I had a funny feeling that the enemy would attempt to take that big rocky hill to the South, so I immediately headed over there. I parked the ATV at a nearby compound at the foot of the hill and left the lights on to maybe delay/confuse the advancing troops and give me a good place to ambush them.
As soon as I reached the top of the hill, I heard a chopper hovering not too far away, to the SE. I ran around to the W side of the hill and hid in some rocks. Not even a minute later, a fireteam (I'm going to assume A1) passed me, about 15 feet away. Having reported all this to the rest of the team, I followed them to the NW of the hill where I let out a burst of LMG and retreated back S. I made my way back up the hill, this time from the SW, and caught two guys running around. They went down, and I retreated back down the hill, retracing my steps to where I killed the first guy. Engaged in a brief firefight there, and pulled back again.
Here's where I made a mistake and got greedy. Instead of playing the longer game and hiding, I went back to the SW and pushed up the hill. This time, people were looking and I was engaged from the far E part of the hill, getting injured and incapacitated. In the end, 4 for 1 was a worthy sacrifice as we ended up winning :clint:

Black Island
FTL. I had Ferrard and Tigershark in my fireteam, what could possibly go wrong? Oh, what's that whooshing sound? Tigershark's brain? N-no.. oh, that's the sound of the first mortar volley! Killing me. haha, great! Must admit, watching the rest of the mission as a spectator was even better. That futuristic Tunguska is scary, yo.

GoKarts were absolutely hilarious, good times.

I wanted to add:
What happened in Foxhunt was definitely one of those moments that keep me coming back to Arma. You can have lame sessions where you die first, or you die to a bug (like Tigershark's nekkid body last week), or you don't see anyone for 30 minutes... But then, every once in a while, you pull off some crazy high-adrenaline stunt that saves a comrade (Like Fluffeh, a few weeks ago, carrying me through a forest full of bad guys, bullets impacting all around us) or say an ambush like in Foxhunt. Thank you FA, for making it possible to experience moments like that.

Mamuto

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Mamuto wrote: Morning Sortie
Well, ideal for everyone except Kefirz, who had a delicious lead breakfast right there and then. Having avenged his death, the rest of the mission went more or less smoothly. Needs more death!
I would disagree on the death part :owned:

:zoidberg:
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Medic Eugene Roe

Post by Medic Eugene Roe »

I wish I could've seen that flank, or Helen Keller edition of Race Thunder for that matter. Hopefully, I should be there next Sunday for tacticool warfare.