[Tue] 24 Jun (Resisted by Crateresistance)

How we died (in the future)
audiox
Host

[Tue] 24 Jun (Resisted by Crateresistance)

Post by audiox »

Missions:
  • Waging War
  • Crateresistance (Failed launch)
  • Crateresistance (Failed launch)
  • Crateresistance (Angry Waffly Launch!!)
  • Bedtime II
  • Inter IV (Edessa)
After-Party:
  • Crateresistance ("Host in need of closure"-edition.)
  • Racethunder XL
Congratulations to everybody who showed up and helped break the 40 number for a tuesday session. Which i think is a first for our A3 tuesdays. :dance:
We had some new faces along for the ride tonight, we hope you all had a good time, and thanks to all you old-timers for welcoming them in the traditional FA-way. (Next time we'll have a conga line and a turnip raffle.)

The first mission was a new one by Aquarius, and it contained plenty to do and much death for all involved. The checkpoint was hard to break, and the tank was angry, as such things tend to be.

Then, yours truly decided to show everybody just how much of a flustercluck these things can be! :zoidberg:
First, a truck just explodes and blows up Bravo; Then i forget to set the parameters; Then i forget to set the HALO-parameter.

(Hey, pssst.... c'mere imma show you something) :
f_var_mapClickTeleport_Uses = 1;.
^- Do you see that blue period above? THAT is how close we were to a functioning paradrop. :suicide:

In the end we got to shoot at eachother, and Blufor managed to stave off the attack, even though Indfor had an angry, angry Waffly on their side.
Bedtime II was quite the success for our ragtag gang of guerilllas. We managed to exfiltrate with extremely few casualties, so well played everybody! We rounded it off with a nice and tense round of Internecine, where 50% of the possible approaches was cut off by water, which was a nice twist.

syrion

Re: [Tue] 24 Jun (Resisted by Crateresistance)

Post by syrion »

Waging War. Missed this one, as I was still working.

Crateresistance. Came in late, got slotted in (thanks!) AttackFor A3 with Mr.Link, Lynche, and Toaster. We had merry times on the beach! And then we rode in a truck which rendered necks horrific, and then we died, mostly. I got a nasty bug on this one, where I was injured and, after healing, everything was like unto mud. I could see nothing but pixels! I found that by using my binoculars, I could see well enough to identify a blob as something that should probably be shot, and so I used this tactic until I got tired of it and ran into the middle of a field firing blindly -- I mean, until I charged heroically into the teeth of the enemy. I murdered stff, at least.

Bedtime. A2 FTL, with Kefirz, thewotsit, and Tom. This was a fun one. We lost thewotsit early, to what I'm not sure, but managed to get pretty decent weaponry. There were a couple of nice AT shots from Kefirz, and overall it was enjoyable. (Welcome Tom!) Our fireteam movement was pretty pitiful, but that seems to be the Folk ARPS way. :dance:

Internecine. IndFor A2 FTL with Fer, TacticalSloth, and IceRaiser. My most experienced fireteam ever! It was a good mission, I wish we'd been a little bit closer together for some better positional awareness, but overall it was satisfying despite the defeat.

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

I was only along for one mission last night - Interecine Indfor ASL - Mr Link Medic.
syrion wrote:Internecine. IndFor A2 FTL with Fer, TacticalSloth, and IceRaiser. My most experienced fireteam ever! It was a good mission, I wish we'd been a little bit closer together for some better positional awareness, but overall it was satisfying despite the defeat.
I think you'll find we won Comrade!

As SL for that mission I threw planning out the window until I was on the ground, then threw A1 into buildings west of of the gulley and A2 east.. I then did my best Captain Willard impression, sinking up to my eyes in the steam running to the sea.. After a prolonged time I decided to go check the coast, spotted some chaps west past a beach stand and moved up to an overturned boat before checking with Homer that his guys were inside buildings. With that confirmed I popped up, and fired, threw a grenade then zipped north. Mr Link our medic was critically wounded and SWS failed again (as it did for several on the defending force).

I then pushed west to a stone wall, past Stff and Insane who were taking names. A2 reported contacts moving in across open ground, I told them to hold fire until they were within our kill zone. Soon as they paused by a bush I poured in some fire, then had A2 hammer them for a bit as I crawled out south. I wasn't sure if I'd taken out all three of the beach dudes so went to check, and found Wolfenswan releasing direct control as I began to question his turtle'd wounded AI "tell me the plan". When I got no response I ended his miserable life and scooted back towards the stream and A2. Smoke was everywhere and I took a round from the north east, thinking I was dead I switched to limbo only for me to realise I was just deeply wounded and bleeding out. IceRaiser looped around the fighting to get to me, I put my first aid kit (and the one I stole from Wolf) in my backpack and despite applying one, then the other I was still stuck in upside down turtle mode and quickly bled out.

To expand on the bugs with SWS we encountered: I lost five guys total in the mission, of them one was killed outright (as far as I could tell) the other four were stuck badly wounded in the face up prone position. I tried applying first aid to our medic but after applying the kit he was still stuck in the animation, same happened with myself and Homer. The last guy bled to death before anyone could get to him / not much point if he couldn't be saved.
ramming speed!

syrion

Post by syrion »

We won?! I guess I sort of assumed after the other fireteam was mostly slaughtered and I was killed trying to shoot the guy in the ditch and my fireteam was mostly bleeding out that everyone was dead.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

In the end we got to shoot at eachother, and Blufor managed to stave off the attack, even though Indfor had an angry, angry Waffly on their side.
LIES
AAF successfully managed to distract Blufor while I won the mission!

Waging War
C1 FTL

I was monitoring Server-FPS for the mission so I knew the number of AIs present. I joked how small that number was and if we'd see sufficient doom and desaster. Let's just say I wasn't disappointed :dance:

C1 was the glorious spearhead of the ambush that ultimately ended up hiding next to a building while an angry Leopard and Mora rained hell down on us. Comrade Hero-RAT Homercleese managed to take out one IFV and disable the tank but was ultimately bested and so was I when trying to salvage his boomstick. An entertaining mission nevertheless, even though the server had some complaints about the number of street-lights spawned ;)

MisterKoz

Post by MisterKoz »

Hello! I'm new!

My experiences last night can be summed up as:

The mission where I realised my GUI was screwy.
The one where I realised I didn't have comms setup quite right.
The one where I realised Dan didn't need his watch anymore.
The one where I realised I suck at hiding.
The one where I realised I'd never done a HALO insertion before, and didn't understand the danger posed by rocks.

I spent at least two missions without seeing an enemy. I certainly don't think I shot anyone (I did shoot in the 'general direction' of bad people a few times). When I recounted my tale of heroics to my wife she said it sounded "a bit crap" but she was wrong!

Thanks for making me feel really welcome, and not mocking my utter incompetence. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

fer

Post by fer »

MisterKoz wrote:... and not mocking my utter incompetence.
The Party asks not for competence. The Party asks only that you carry a Katiba and advance towards the enemy. And don't ask questions. And don't ask why there's no magazine in your weapon.

:hist101:

Mamuto

Post by Mamuto »

Waging War
Medic under Fer
Great mission. Fantastic.
I chose to play medic as that gives you the freedom to move around from fireteam to fireteam and save LIVES. And take lives. However, the SWS bug really put a damper to my efforts to heal friendlies as demonstrated by my healing Fer over and over again as he whimpered something about failing to lead the squad (lies, good sir). Realizing I could not save the man, I whispered sweet nothings into his ear until he left this mortal coil. I then proceeded to jack the enemy armored HMG vehicle and drive it back and forth between the fireteams that were being slaughtered by angry tanks. However, as I could not heal anyone, I decided to man up and take over the gun controls. Before I saw any enemies, I ate what I presume to be a tank shell and promptly exploded. Taking the checkpoint guard tower with me. Success!

Crateresistance (Angry Waffly Launch!!)
Kefirz and I cuddled on the beach before we all drove into the sunset. and they lived happily ever after
Just kidding, I was on the recieving end of the SWS and even the valiant effort of my fireteam buddy was not enough to revive me. I bled out slowly in an open field, looking up at the setting sun.

Bedtime II
Bravo 2 FTL
Even after the failed ambush, we still managed to get out without losing a single person. Needs moar death!

Inter IV (Edessa)
Attacking Medic
Again, don't know why I picked medic... We were all sorts of noncoordinated as we went in one fireteam at a time from completely opposite sides. Regardless, we whittled down the defense to just a couple dudes. I threw lots of smoke after I was spotted under the bridge, made my way back out and accidentally shot Audiox. Sorry, Comrade! I died shortly after.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/450 ... sizedimage
http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/450 ... 04E935FB1/
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/450 ... B4EBFFA07/

Lynche

Post by Lynche »

Just remembered to post a bug with the medical system, from Crateresistance. I found upon being revived that I had no hud and my inventory had been stripped down to just the items I had equipped. Despite this, I struggled on and managed to spray bullets in the direction of enemies before dying!

Other than that, the session was great. Can we get Waffly angry more often?