[Sun] 06 Jul 2014 ("We're Oscar-Mike" Nooooooooooooooooo...)

How we died (in the future)
Ferrard Carson

[Sun] 06 Jul 2014 ("We're Oscar-Mike" Nooooooooooooooooo...)

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Missions:
  • Inter IV
  • Erlenmeyer
  • Manhunt
  • Bedtime II
  • Inter IV-2
Afterparty:
  • Church of Kerry 2
  • Racethunder XL x 2
A glorious 43 comrades emerged from the woodwork to welcome Altis to the merry month of July, including an old hand from the days of yore, taking care to remind us of the Everlasting Glory of Bravo Squad.

Before I continue though, a general note about session etiquette:
Please do not friendly fire, please do not rambo, and please do not shoot things for the sake of shooting things (I'm lookin' at you, Mr. Shot-the-Church-Steeple-with-a-Rocket who shall remain nameless for now). Erlenmeyer was kicked off way too quickly when a SPAAG gunner, for some reason, decided that our friendly Merlins Mohawks who had just dropped us off were scary, scary beasts and deserving of HE rounds to the face. Bedtime II broke down when people decided that we'd already won before any host had called it. This is not acceptable, and this will stop now. We do not require milsim radio protocol or rigid formation-keeping. What we do require is that you behave appropriately, reasonably maturely, and that you not spoil the game for everyone around you. Disruptive elements have and will be taken out behind the woodshed and smothered to death with a very live and very flustered emu.
Right then, where were we? Briefing the COs for the first mission of the night, wherein this exchange occured:
:v: Oh, one more thing – weather.
:clint: Muahahaha
:v: Oh, so it’s going to be stormy.
:clint: Yes.
:v: And nighttime.
:clint: Yes.
:v: And Stevie Wonder fog
:clint: Not yet.
It was a dark and stormy night when first we entered the realm of internecine warfare with Fer's Inter IV, where 21 psychotic Persians performed a 1980's-style human wave attack against a UAV and MMG-equipped defense of AAF scoundrels. The Persian's Bravo Squad slammed full-tilt into the peaceful settlement of Gatolina, dying almost to a one, but sucking up enough attention that the slower (read, blinder) Alpha could sneak up behind and seal the deal. Poor Halop's scouting misadventure to a nearby power-tower was all for naught - he'd barely climbed halfway up when his comrades were all laying facedown in the dirt, save for Kaze, who netted a few attackers, then caught a grenade with his stomach and ended the match with an AttackFor (OpFor) Victory!

Next, we marched to The Flask, newly envisioned as Erlenmeyer, an area just under the imposing Agios Panagiotis mountain, where Comrade SuperU directed our squads to charge straight up into the hills... exactly as a certain mission-maker had hoped. Alpha was bogged down in the rocks, Bravo was slaughtered on open hillsides by the dudes around the rocks from Alpha, and both Hedgehogs (our SPAAG support) went up in flames in short order. The survivors of Alpha managed to wind their way through the rocky outcroppings, losing most of their number along the way, and finally the remaining three dudes ran screaming down the hillside towards the enemy base. One of them stepped on a mine and blew up. Another was torn apart by GMG fire, and the mission ended, a surprising (not really) defeat!

Manhunt proved an exercise in patience, as AAF split its forces, with Bravo charging in and Alpha moseying on over to town in its spare time. Thankfully, the FIA officer's bodyguards are terrible, terrible drivers :cop: :cop: :cop: IndFor Victory!

Come Bedtime we were roused from our REM sleep and rubbed our eyes to see an AAF cordon moving its way south! Perfect! We set up our ambush, and our glorious CO was eaten by an untimely bush, staircase, tree, fence, rock, or other similar nefarious piece of terrain, leaving Comrade Commissar Fer to lead us from prematurely sprung ambush ( :argh: ) to a near glorious victory – unfortunately, the premature victory fire attracted the attention of a B-52 blithely passing through the neighborhood, and we were carpet-bombed with high-explosive democracy until we were all drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon, gorging ourselves on McDonalds, and singin’ country music at the top of our lungs.

Finally, we took another swing at Inter IV, where a foggy morning saw the AAF slide its way forward into the warm, loving, lead-filled embrace of CSAT defenders.

Thank you again to those who came along, including some new(ish) friends like 1Tac who've been tagging along for a while, as well those previously mentioned old-hands. Welcome (back)!

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - for those of you interested in videographying, we have a lovely YouTube channel on which your content may potentially appear in some form or another; for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by yours truly. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

head

Re: [Sun] 06 Jul 2014 ("We're Oscar-Mike" Nooooooooooooooooo

Post by head »

Pickers find new friends!

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Inter IV
ATTFOR BSL
We had a southern approach, and, supposedly under alpha's cover, we simply charged in, bayonets on. I had B2 provide suppresive cover, but it proved unneeded, as the surprise was complete and total. The squad secured the eastern compound, while I charged upstairs and dropped two very surprised INDFOR dudes point-blank. This rapid conquest prompted a veritable grenade shower, that left Bravo acting as the anvil to alpha's hammer.

Manhunt
INDFOR BSL
Taking a rather wide detour, by the time Bravo got within 100m of the town, the meeting was over, and we just ran in. I comandeered a truck, trying to catch up to the by now fleeing officers, but I was shot, lost control, and rammed a tent pole. The truck exploded :shock: .

Bedtime II
OPFOR ASL
Alpha was tasked with the farthest ambush point. Of course, by the time we got there, we were seen, and the shootout started. I got mowed down by a Strider. Jumping into spectator mode, I witnessed a comrade take out a tail rotor of a helicopter, and watched, transfixed, as the choper swayed and swerved and twisted away. Despite odds, the pilot [archive photo] managed to stay airborne until the very end.

Inter IV-2
DEFFOR A1 FTL
Took the south, positioned my fireteam and perched myself on the southeastern hill. Reported enemies moving in from the west and was shot dead where I stood :v:
[/allegedly]

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

Bedtime II
- Bravo blew some stuff up!
The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"