Afterparty
  • Rock Paper Scissors
  • Internecine x 2
  • VIRTUAL REALITY!

Grizzly

Re: [Tue] 15 Jul 2014 (Oh Chute)

Post by Grizzly »

THe chute was not the problem
It was jumping straight ontop the enemy forces which was.

Jolly Cooperation -
This mission is... rather hard from a command perspective, for this reason:
Friendly
ME < > DRAAKON :argh:
Opponent
|
Squads

Two lines of communication to the enemy CO, one of which may know what you are doing, the other one who does not.
THere were lots of friendly fire incidents as a result.

My plan from the outset was to hide a decoy team from Draakon and tell him that those had died in the assault on the first compound, something which, IIRC, he never found out about (untill now :)). This team later got into the target compound ending the mission.
The first objective did not trigger, for which I blame draakon :argh:, as we were assaulted from the east side from teh compound as we were advancing away from it. There is actually a neat way to trick your opposing commander into losing extra men there.
The communication via intermeadiaries was actually very interesting, albeit rather confusing, as I had to simultaniously listen to my adviser, Draakon's adviser, and my own squad, ocasionally simultaniously. I do wonder how the mission would have played out if the rather enormous bug that was discovered at the end was fixed. A very interesting concept which I do wnat to see explored further

The Back Foot:

This mission went suprsiingly well, in that we made multiple attempts at the compound and actually managed to hold it just fine. The only reason we died is because we lost 80% of our men :( . Alpha 1 and Alpha 2 worked very well, and since Alpha 1 actually manged to hold the compound for a while (which I consider a victory in itself :dance: ), I would like to make a suggestion:

Either shorten the time CSAT needs to stay inside the HQ or
Remove the 80% casualties limit entirely. BLUFOR is already at an advantage by being the defenders, after all.

I'd also like to apologize to AudioX for starting and continue to participate in global chat which took place during the mission, I do get quite sily when I am tired. :v:

thewotsit182

Post by thewotsit182 »

I just wanted to take the time to commend Comrade Alibambam on his stellar choice of cover

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Crateresistance
AAF CO
This is what happens when no one wants CO. I take the slot and I do stupid things. Like paradrop straight on top of the entire enemy force.
Seriously, though, you people were supposed to be in vehicles at the time. :v:

Waging War
BLUFOR A3 RAT
Once again, Alpha charged down the road. We took out a patrol, but lost ASL, A1 and A3. By the time we got moving again, we took out a Mora, and got pinned by fire from the checkpoint. As for Bravo... Once glorified, I asked is all of Bravo wounded, and was told, in classic FA style, "No they're not. Some of them are dead!"

Also: "This is the only A3 mission that gave me PTSD" -comrade MadToaster, on "c50_waging_war"

Jolly Cooperation
AAF ASL
Apparently, AAF was friendly to FIA. Which begs the question: Who was constantly shooting at me?

The Back Foot
BLUFOR CO
Set up a crossfire of sorts, hoping CSAT would bypass my manuever element. So, naturally, CSAT literally walked straight into them. :argh:
[/allegedly]

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Sorry to Alibambam for the summary execution in The Back Foot. There really wasn't supposed to be any friendlies on that marker! :oops:

Universal

Post by Universal »

Here's a bit more video, one of these days I swear I'll learn to edit.

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

thewotsit182 wrote:I just wanted to take the time to commend Comrade Alibambam on his stellar choice of cover

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:siiigh:
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

boberro

Post by boberro »

I'm surprised that I survived that heart attack, that was result of new ragdoll:

Penney, my lord, that screenshot is from Jolly Cooperation, and I don't held you responsible for that one, but you might be interested in two other. First one is of comrade Labbes, after I treated him twice. He was able to move around a little in this state. Old F3 perhaps?
And this is what I saw at the end of the mission. I was alive for sure, and I guess IceRaiser didn't get killed as well.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Medic Eugene Roe

Post by Medic Eugene Roe »

I came late, right as cratesistance ended, yet I only remember Jolly Cooperation. Probably because seeing the CSAT advisor get fragged when someone left and the AI took over was quite a memorable experience. I wonder if when the mission was made, Independant were set to be friendly to nobody instead of OPFOR?

Still, much fun was had clearing rooms with audiox leading the fireteam to glory. I think I got two kills, but I didn't die so what more could I have hoped for? Also strange was the objectives not completing once all it was cleared, so we couldn't get the laptop. Pretty interesting mission though, and fun as a result. 11/10 would CQB again!