[Sun] 27 Jul 2014 (I need an attack helo pilot ...)

How we died (in the future)
audiox
Host

Re: [Sun] 27 Jul 2014 (I need an attack helo pilot ...)

Post by audiox »

Thanks for the games guys, just a short clarification as i may or may not have misunderstood a few sentences above.

The Chain of Command works as such : SL dies, the guy that -picked- A1 FTL during slotting steps up, if he is dead the guy that -picked- A2 FTL steps up, if he's dead the guy that -picked- A3 FTL steps up.
If HE is dead we are probably in a bad place, but then the guy that -picked- A1 AR steps up to be SL, and so on.

So if you have been field promoted to FTL you probably haven't the extra SL burden on your shoulders as soon as you might think.

AirBlade

Post by AirBlade »

i did enjoy the evening... and im clearly looking forward to a mission being made... named "Touch my collective!"

Clearence Sale :psyboom:
BSL

bit confuzzled with the terrain and a bit confuzzled with the fire and maneuver...
sorry to all Bravo FTLs for any unclear/wierd/controverse orders during my brief time of survival

Mailman :clint:
TH3 Alpha Mohawk Pilot

This was a round of my taste... clear orders, good coordination and a bit of luck. and flying :D
Losing the Hummingbird and 50% of a mission critical asset, my faith in our battle luck as well as my heart sank somewhere between my kneecap and my ankle...
and got restored when arriving at the AO... cuz i was not the chopper that got picked by the guy on the HMG/MMG on the ground.
On decending to the LZ i noticed the fireworks of incomming tracers, well aware of the fact that i was only able to see evry fifth shot. So i quickly got on comms and declared "hot LZ" while continuing the approach. If fire would have come in like ten to twenty seconds earlier, i may have called of the landing attempt as being Officer-on-scene, but on that point we depleted so much speed that any other decision would get us killed.
Commrade AJAX on the cable cyclic of the other flight has gone silent, witch i took as a serious attempt to live through the drastic increase of lead concentration per cubic metre... little did i know that, at the point of declaring hot LZ, his brain was used to paint a little picture on the back wall of his cockpit.
Having dropped of Alpha, i put my collective through the roof to get distance between me and the field of fire and to get back to pick up Charlie elements plus attachments plus CO.
We quickly loaded up and got back to the AO, masking the approach on the last 3 clicks with the lowest flying i deemed to be still in the parameters of sanity with a big bird like this. Landing was successfull and i got called out of the area by the CO. Clever move, considering i was the only transport left alive.
I, however, felt that my security in around four to five clicks to the next gun was not worrying... but the needle on my fuel gauge was. I thought i might be stuck here for a while so i decided on a lil stunt...
After succesfully mating with a nearby fuelstation (witch commrade Universal documented), my mohawk was freshly topped off and ready for the extract, so i played the waiting game.
It wasn't long until i heard the call from Commrade CO Drakoon, who gave me LZ instructions, so i was on my way.
Meeting the LZ, thankfully marked my Commrade Fer, i was able to touch down and wonder why the darn mission called a failure was able to extract the remaining NSA engineer together with the remaining elements of Alpha, while CO and Charlie bravely held the ground to cover the exfil.

nice one!

Swept II
BluFor A2 FTL

this mission, man!
First part my FT was not able to do anything due to heavy fog and vegetation... and we died prety quickly to, i think, one or 2 grenades.
However, my glorious assistant automatic rifleman, Commrade ST!NG, managed to ninja around the side of the AO (within bounds clearly) snuck a boat and GTFO the beach.
A lonley single man left to tell the tale of Blufor... was enough to call it a victory.

Castell i need an attack heli pilot
CAS Helo Pilot A1 FTL

I find the more vertical aspect of this mission interesting... i did enjoy the company for sure.
Thanx Fireteam (Dawsome, Fer, Aquarius), you did
I have little to say, since this round was very good captured by Commrade Dawsome.

Good games, guys

Universal

Post by Universal »

Dawsome wrote:I might have died in the first three missions on first contact, but I had a lot of fun regardless. Spectating comrade Denel and his amazing tactic of flanking and sneaking, taking out hostiles left and right (can't wait for his video). Watching ST!NG running behind enemy lines, taking fire from all directions. But he succeeded and sailed away into the sunset (still taking fire).

Then coop mission Castell came along and under the command of FTL AirBlade and supported by comrades Fer and Aqarius, I redeemed myself (kind of) on the battlefield!

This is for the people that did not attend this event or would like to see part of the misson from another perspective:

(First time making a video with the Folk ARPS guidelines, if I did something wrong please inform me)
Great video, very interesting to see things from Alpha's side!