[Tue] 12 Aug 2014 (Conquering fear of heights.)

How we died (in the future)
audiox
Host

[Tue] 12 Aug 2014 (Conquering fear of heights.)

Post by audiox »

Today a good 28 people showed up for our funtimes. Including quite a number of new faces. Hopefully i remembered to push the "friendly" button.

We got to play
  • Knock Knock
  • Bay II
  • White Noise
Afterparty :
  • Raidolo
  • Raidolo
As always, questions and comments are very welcome below. If you've made a nice video we'd really like to see it, and if you haven't already signed up for our forums or joined our Folk ARPS steam group now would be a swell time to do so.

Here's where the videos go when we find them on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... cr6iL0NcwX
As much as we like hunting you down on youtube we'd really like it if you sent a host a pm when you put them up!

Cheers!

boberro

Re: [Tue] 12 Aug 2014 (Conquering fear of heights.)

Post by boberro »

Knock Knock
5 FPS, great... Ok, let's run.
"Contact! At least one guy behind that building in front of us"
"Ok, let's go into that building in front of us"
"But..." :psyboom:

Bay II, A3 AT
It was the first time I played this mission when striders didn't murder everyone through the reeds.
I'm guess it was a necessity, but it was nice that both squads had assault and base of fire roles. It'd be better if bravo didn't shoot at us ;)
Our FTL, Netkev, had problems with fa-style communications, but still did a great job, even surviving till the end of the mission. Would be nice if we survived as well, but you can't have everything :lol:

White Noise, Attackfor, A2 AR
I guess we wen't into the trap sneaked quite well, but our team got slauthered seconds after we got inside the compound.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

Knock Knock - A2 AAR
After warning FTL Gaius that things may get a little messy rather quickly we enact our first order: RUUUUN! Hoof it south, hang out in a little hut near the football field and all hell breaks loose. We have to keep pushing forward but the squad is taking heavy losses, soon enough I'm the only member of my fireteam left (after having Kefirz wait for me, woops) so, looking at the bodies on the ground to estimate where the enemy fire is coming from, I make a run for it. Lots of crawling, some shooting, lots of sprinting in irregular patterns just about throws the enemy fire off enough for me to make it to the sea, where I start swimming as fast as a very tired body can to make it to the boat. It's at this point I realise I haven't heard anyone else on radio for quite some time, and as the victory screen pops up I find out that I'm the only survivor.

I might not be a crack shot, I may not be a tactical genius or a great leader, but if there's one thing I'm great at it's running away. (I'd love to see a video of this if anyone got it!)

Bay II - A2 FTL
A bit of jogging and a bit of conversation about how Wrathz doesn't want to wear his clothes any more keeps things light as we move in to our designated area. A2 acted as the centre of the squad's formation and with quite an experience team behind me we move a little more aggressively, getting all the way up to the runway before the action begun. We were recalled to the rest of the squad to act as the assaulting element on the ATC tower. The other fireteams set up to suppress, we get the go-ahead and go over the top... and nothing happens. No suppressing fire, no enemy fi-oh wait we're all dead.

White Noise - A1(?)AR
Sitting in the truck, our fireteam is told to make our way to the south of the hill and work our way up from what we suspect is the enemy's rear. Though there's very little in the way of hard cover on the hillclimb we are given a great deal of defilade by the sheer slopes, and are able to make our way right up to the fences before we had contact. Grenades grenades grenades! Everyone throws their grenades! Rather than hide and throw some more I decide to take more affirmative action and charge, only for Audiox to pop out and kill me (though somehow I killed him, too.)
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

Freyja
Host

Post by Freyja »

Bay II - A3 FTL
We were providing rightmost flank cover for alpha squad a large majority of the mission, despite being my second run of all time with the RPS crew, I only almost got half my fireteam destroyed by friendlies once due to positioning.

Nearing the end of the mission, I suggested that we clear the bulding marked "Many EI" by simply throwing grenades into it indiscriminately, half the fireteam tought it was clear and proceeded to get annihilated by a man lying prone at the top of the staircase.

After losing my AT soldier to fire from the compound we were attempting to clear, CO recruited me to follow him to quote Glory unquote. I asked if we should grab the rocket launcher but the CO claimed it wouldn't be needed where we are going. Apparently where we were going was into the fire of a mounted .50 cal on top of an armored vehicle.

White Noise - A2 FTL
We followed CO's orders, we snuck up the hill, got the engagement, shared a bit of friendly fire with Bravo and was summarily excecuted by a man who had managed to come up behind us. It was very :commissar:

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Knock Knock
BLU ASL
"...If the bomb that drops on you/takes your friends and neighbors too..."

Bay II
BLU CO
Finding that a certain comrade lost the car keys again, we set off on foot, while one, erm, enterprising party member attempted to, er, 'liberate' some vehicles we could use. Despite the brave efforts of the party, we were forced to walk. Bravo took overwatch on the hill shoulder to the south, while Alpha snuck up on the field. After a short reroute due to unforseen enemy forces, Alpha secured the airfield and secured on a hill overlooking the enemy base. Bravo, meanwhile, pushed up the road and breached. During the combat, Alpha got under fire from enemy IFVs, but this reinforcement came in too late to stop the glorious comrades from claiming victory.

White Noise
BLU CO
[/allegedly]