[Sun] 24 Aug 2014 (Location, Location, Locality-- Oops)

How we died (in the future)
Ferrard Carson

[Sun] 24 Aug 2014 (Location, Location, Locality-- Oops)

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Missions:
  • Surf Athanos
  • Zak SE
  • The 3 Way
  • Craterestistance
  • Night Force
After-Party:
  • Karts! Karts! Karts!
A cozy 31 comrades showed up to ring out this weekend and greet the Monday with bleary eyes and a strange, unrecognizable tattoo in an uncomfortable place.

To begin with, we were witness to a strange phenomena that indicates that we are not alone in this universe. As we prepared to assault a beachhead in Surf Athanos, we suddenly realized that our boats were stock still. As though in telekinetic stasis. So was the nearby helicopter. And the trawler from which we were deployed was levitating itself 10 meters in the air, crackling with a strange, alien energy--

From his security station watching Fer's dacha for signs of life revolution, Comrade Bodge could not hit "Reset" fast enough on the server, and we found ourselves merrily assaulting a heavily fortified town in Zak SE. With the help of an MMG team and two fragile, fragile IFVs, we stormed the town and the town stormed us. The town kinda won, but a smattering of we brave souls managed to eek out enough of a win that Zeus took pity on us and declared victory!

Flush with victory (but not really), we turned our guns on one another in The 3 Way! Tasked with rescuing a darling Gemoxy from a horrible, horrible town, NATO and CSAT squads converged on the place, shot up all of its defenders, and then Tigershark decided that a mere 3-Way was boring and decided to <<GENTLY CARESS>> six (6) NATO fiends! CSAT slaughtered all of NATO, traipsed on home, and then realized, "Wait, weren't we supposed to rescue someone too?" "Must not be that important." :dance:

A fresh run of Crateresistance saw a trio of caches all tightly packed around one single, commanding hilltop. The hill became a daisy-chain of ownership - AAF paratroopers landed atop it first, taking the FIA squad lead from behind. Lietuvis's FIA resistance fighters took their revenge and came upon Tiger and Insane from behind. Then Netkev and Gemoxy's AAF fireteam... Yeah, it was basically an endless train of hilarious flanking and (lack of) 360 security all around, with the win going to AAF's merciless multi-angle abuse of the last two FIA defenders.

Finally, Night Force saw Comrade Lietuvis charge two elite squads of REDACTED elite, highly-qualified insurance adjusters to REDACTED assess insurance claims on one REDACTED lovely, peaceful beachside resort. The claims were found to be valid at gunpoint and the Junta will be collecting their payout of 2500% replacement value to a bank account in the Maldives on Tuesday.

=====

I want to thank everyone who came along for today's session, especially those of you who are new - we welcome you with open arms! And open gunwales! Join the revolution, or you shall be swept into the shadows of histor-- Ahem. Yes, please join us for our Tuesday sessions if you are able.

A special note to those amongst us who would like to command, but want a little more peace and quiet to plan than the party-mandated minutes of silence: We hosts will occasionally run our Folk ARPS Senior Leadership Program(me)! That's right, it's no longer the Senior Leadership Pogrom. Now we pay you to take leadership slots! In appreciation!

Have thoughts? Stories? Screenshots? Video? Centerfold pictures of Comrade Tigershark? Share them here in this thread! Have video you don't know what to do with? I've said a few (possibly helpful) words here! Want to be featured on the Folk ARPS YouTube channel? Look no further than Comrade SuperU!

Seriously though - we really love it when everyone gathers 'round the campfire and shares their tales of death and dismay and awkward moments alone with certain comrades, so please - share away!

:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Gemoxy

Re: [Sun] 24 Aug 2014 (Location, Location, Locality-- Oops)

Post by Gemoxy »

Thanks for the games!

I've got a stream that I broadcast the entire night onto. http://www.twitch.tv/nilocyps2. And there was two standout moments for me.

1) Netkevs insane motorcross skills in the Crate Resistance map.

2) And Raptoers amazing lead by example of not looking to your left.

pvtbones

Post by pvtbones »

just a note for now on Craterestistance. I'm certain in the briefing for attackfor that FTLs, ARs, and riflemen had access to satchels. I, The FTL in A1 did not have any, the only person I can confirm having one in my ft was tired hippo who I think was a riflemen(?)

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Gemoxy wrote:2) And Raptoers amazing lead by example of not looking to your left.
(snip)
Brilliant - I love it!

Regarding the strange and alien occurrences during Surf Athanos:

A board of inquiry (consisted entirely of one stern looking Wolfenswan muttering, "I cannot believe how horribly you are misusing my beautiful Function Library") has determined that yours truly had forgotten to "isServer" a ws_fnc_createGarrison command, and as a result, the server was attempting to spawn and sync 2900 AI - 100 for the server, and 100 for each client connected to the server.

The responsible parties have been "sacked". Off a pier. Into the Baltic Sea.

:commissar:

:zoidberg: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

Last night was my first session in ages and I see that I've not lost my defining skills of being unable to relate map to terrain and always facing the wrong direction when fired on...

Sorry about that comrades!

I took ArmA telling me that I had the wrong CBA version as an omen and went away to fix this while everyone else was being anally probed by space aliens during the first mission until Bodge disrupted the space/time vortex that allowed them into our universe.

2nd MISSION - ZAK SE

Role: BLUFOR IFV 2 Commander.

Despite my having watched Dsylecxi's "IFVs for Imbeciles" numerous times, the Party's confidence in my VC skills was misplaced and I spent the mission directing my long-suffering crew to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. They did a sterling job and our gunner racked up many kills whilst the driver made sense of my gibberish and repaired our trusty metal coffin after the first rocket hit.

Of course, the one time I directed us to the spot that BSL wanted us to be in, looping North above the woods and approaching the town from the East; we ran into something Very Bad Indeed and died instantly.

3rd MISSION - THE 3WAY

Role: CSAT A2 Rifleman OPFOR

Bit of a blur this one. Ran down the hill into the town losing 2 comrades in the process. Holed up in a building watching East in case those cheeky NATO types tried to flank us and shot the 3 that did. Moved forward when we ran out of people to shoot at, but I guess we got them all as victory was declared long before we got to the objective.

4th MISSION - CRATERESISTANCE

Role: BLUFOR - FIA A2 Rifleman

Audiox FTL, Eerms and Grumpy

Ran down a hill and up another very steep one. My first experience of the new stamina system manifested itself as blurry vision, inability to shoot straight and my breathing sounding like Darth Vader having a REDACTED. Suddenly, bullets came from all directions and I died.

Eerms and Grumpy put up a valiant defence once the 2 AAF units had stopped shot at each other, but were flanked and chopped to bits by superior AAF numbers.

5th MISSION - NIGHT FORCE

Role: Police ALPHA 1 - Mr-Link FTL

My one minor gripe of the evening would be the constant rain sound effect in this mission. I don't know if it was due to something at my end, but all I could hear was a loud mid-range hiss through my headset which made hearing VON and TS very difficult.

Stumbling over real and imagined fences, we reached to outskirts of the pretty seaside town just in time for the locals to start shooting at us. I blasted 3 of the unwelcoming natives and entered the nearest house. Moving upstairs, I had a fatal case of Standinginabacklitwindowitis and had to watch the 1,000,000 enemy re-enforcements pour into the town and wipe out the last plucky comrade.

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Once more, I bring thee the finest in moving pictures and ghastly sound, this time from a single mission: The 3 Way!

This mission went nearly perfect, save the loss of Pacifico to a pair of AI squirreled away in a guest-apartment. We started with a quick and violent entry into the town, murdering a patrol of AAF before they really realized what was happening. Then A1 went house-to-house, kicking in doors and slaughtering any AAF we found inside. If they weren't Gemoxy wearing officer duds, we riddled them with holes.

We in the main team weren't the feature presentation, however. Our steady sweeping and clearing of the town formed the canvas backdrop against which Tigershark the artiste painted his bloody work. His LMG cut a swath six-shoulders wide into the 10-ish strong HATO scum.

Witness CSAT's brutal, efficient murderization of half the town plus every last HATO scum in the area:

Or if you have but a few brief moments, here's a shorter video of just the opening contact:

:clint: ~ Ferrard

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

There was a lotta tension during that mission. I had a blast. Seems like we all felt the tension. I was tense just watching this from your perspective.

Now I must go and "relieve the tension" and think about you Ferrard.
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

lietuvis10

Post by lietuvis10 »

Zak Se - Alpha 1 AR

P.S.: For the record:I hate night time missions with NVGs

The 3 Way - Alpha 1 FTL

If you just keep walking,nothing will shoot you.Right?

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Tigershark wrote:There was a lotta tension during that mission. I had a blast. Seems like we all felt the tension. I was tense just watching this from your perspective.

Now I must go and "relieve the tension" and think about you Ferrard.
Aww, how thoughtful and considerate of you! I'm so glad to have great comrades who think so much about their fellow revolutionaries! :dance:
lietuvis10 wrote:P.S.: For the record:I hate night time missions with NVGs
To each their own. Some people hate night time missions without NVGs. I personally don't care so long as I can see enough to move.

~ Ferrard

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

lietuvis10 wrote:Zak Se - Alpha 1 AR

If you just keep walking,nothing will shoot you.Right?

I think you'll find that was my handiwork that took down that whole group in the house and the 2 guys from your FT that died moving down the hill.
You looked at my spot several times but as I was prone and in bushes you never noticed me. When you were firing out the front door I moved to the back of the house and shot you as you made the dash. And the guy behind you. Then I went around the other side and came behind the other guy who was there. BOOM. 5 kills in under 3 mins. You're welcome :-)

Also....bullets are...holograms?
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.