[Tue] 28 Oct 2014 (What Indfor Swarm?)

How we died (in the future)
audiox
Host

[Tue] 28 Oct 2014 (What Indfor Swarm?)

Post by audiox »

Today 21 comrades showed up for our funtimes.

We got to play a bunch of stuff
  • Littlest Ambush
  • Don't Knock I
  • The 3 Way
  • The Amazing Helicopter Explosion x 2 :dance:
  • Paintball With Guns
As always, questions and comments are very welcome below, both comments about the sessions, and stories from them!

If you haven't already signed up for our forums or joined our Folk ARPS steam group now would be a swell time to do so.

willem

Re: [Tue] 28 Oct 2014 (What Indfor Swarm?)

Post by willem »

Littlest ambush - FIA alpha 1 at
Tasked with destroying an AAF convoy we waited behind a hill, when it arrived we shot at a few enemies climbing out of one of the trucks. Then we ran towards the convoy to finish of the stragglers, hearing the reports about an ifv nearby I decided to keep my rpg in my hands.

Within one minute I was out of breath and could barely move, this was in the middle of a field and I got killed.

Don't Knock I - FIA bravo ? at
The goal was to clear a town filled with AAF. Before moving into the town Bravo was to clear a compound south of the town.

We approached the compound through some sneaky shrubbery and engaged a few enemies. Within minutes we were overwhelmed by the infantry assaulting us from the town. I died in someone's garage.

The 3 Way - FIA alpha 1? at
We were supposed to extract a very important person from a town filled with AAF while CSAT tried to do the same. The plan was for us to get on a hill where we had a position overwatching the town and potentially could cut off CSAT from the west, while the other fireteam tried to find the target.

Our FTL decided this was good time to test his racing skills and after reassuring us that "he was a professional" he wrecked the transport. Not able to bear the shame, he comitted suicide by grenade...

Luckily our SL SuperU was nearby and picked us up. He drove us into the town from the west where we could start killing CSAT and AAF. We cleared a couple of building and encountered AAF infantry. One by one people on our side started dying and CSAT showed up.

After a while it was just SuperU and me holed up in a building. Taking fire, we crossed the street into a small single story building in the center of town. I spotted some CSAT nearby and shot a rocket at them. We moved to the neighbouring house and after peeking out of a window on the top floor I got killed.

In the end CSAT won because we all died. Really fun mission!

Paintball With Guns
We moved to the top of the hill and started throwing grenades everywhere. After a while a fire fight broke out but we quickly won. I saw one enemy and someone else shot him.

Lithion

Post by Lithion »

Alpha session :hist101:
Littlest Ambush
Time slipped away from me and I missed this one.

Don't Knock I BLU Alpha 1 AT
Flanking around over the mountain, Alpha (with dandy fatigue stops) creep-ed over the hill, only to find the AAF give fudge-all about high ground. Alpha 1 was quickly obliterated, and forced to watch Alpha 2 carry the mission until it was called.

The 3 Way BLU Alpha 1 AR
After advising comrade FTL it might be best to take it slow in the offroad, and being assured he was a 'pro' driver, Alpha 1 continued on foot minus the FTL nading himself :psyboom:
Alpha 1 was to be quickly picked up by attentive SL Super rusing us into town, from where we engaged in truly epic CQB.
After picking off 1 CSAT and 2 AI, I ended up trading with a second enemy (AR) hazing eachother in a shroud of metal.
The upside to this is seeing Willem eat through enemies like they were Stroopwafels. :lol:
Though in the end CSAT deservingly won!
ggwp to all

The Amazing Helicopter Explosion x 2
:dance:

Paintball With Guns
Being the 1 person that tipped the scale in favour for Blu, and being alone in my own FT, life will have it I encountered no enemies whatsoever before Blu took the victory.
I don't like pie, come at me internet.
-Lithion

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Just thought i'd add a quick thought. Arma is NOT a racing sim. The civilian trucks blow up on impact, the offroads lose a wheel and leave your whole team stranded. Larger personell trucks might even give you the pleasure of stranding/exploding an entire squad!

We -do not-, repeat -do not- need to be there 30 seconds earlier. In most instances this leads to you being there two minutes later (if at all) because you crashed into something. If this is something that is difficult to parse then it'd be advisable if you let the other people in the vehicle know, then you STEP OUT of the driver seat and find a nice comfy passenger seat.

sincerely
proud exploderizer of a mounted Alpha 2 last sunday

Glad you all enjoyed the evening! The new AI we had against us was something wicked. And, erm, none of my missions are really built around that level of reactive AI. Under the circumstances you fared really well. But yeah, with that kind of AI i might as well just have let the Tank in Don't Knock stay unlocked.... :shock:

SuperU

Post by SuperU »

I can truly say that the CQB had with Alpha 1 in three way was bloody epic!

We moved from build to building quickly and effectively, everyone getting a decent amount of kills. Then when it was me an willem it was like something out of black hawk down, kicking through buildings and taking down stragglers.

Eventually we both died, but not before I killed SpecialSoup (enemy commander) and 4 other hostile infantry!

Also I asked for storm and soup night. We only got storm :/ I would have liked to see Storm/Night playout.

lietuvis10

Post by lietuvis10 »