[Tue] 04 Nov 2014 (Doomed to glory)

How we died (in the future)
wolfenswan

[Tue] 04 Nov 2014 (Doomed to glory)

Post by wolfenswan »

19 comrades managed to acquire ARMA3's shiny new toys in time to join us for some manshooting action. Plenty of death was had, despite any technological advancement we might have gained.

Playlist
  • cloudline
  • i am a bush
  • Jolly Blue XL
  • Hillside View
Afterparty
  • The Service x 2
As usual, leave your thoughts and comments right here! The party is also making leaping steps with F3 (3-2-0 will soon be officially released now that 1.34 is out - you've already seen many of the new features) and ZEUS; any feedback here is appreciated. See you next time :hist101:

IceRaiser

Re: [Tue] 04 Nov 2014 (Doomed to glory)

Post by IceRaiser »

This was my last session as a host, thank all of you who've showed up and enjoyed the FA sessions :hist101:

Cloudline
Juliet 2 SMG, under SOUP.
We assaulted through the clouds, up-up-up until the bullets stopped us for good...

I am a bush
UAV dude.
Ok, lots of things went wrong here - and I apologize - I should've just called the mission or.. something. Mah bad!

With Wolf taking over the hostin', we moved on to:
Jolly Blue XL
AR(A3?) under Fer
Stepped out of the helicopter, moved to a stone, got shot by TigerWolf's puppets.
Well, at least I got to see that SWS works - as Ice slowly bled out...

Hillside View
Mortar gunner, under Joey90
We did indeed watch the hillside... and watched... and watched. I activly tried to get some firemissions from the SL, but once he was gone I sent a priority message to Fer:
Would you kindly call out "Broken Arrow"
The combined forces of Mortar, CAS and Wolfenzeus made sure none was left standing :laugh:

Thank you Audiox for the hostin' help(enjoy your new PC!), Wolf for taking over, Fer 'n' Tiger for being old wise elders men, and - of course:
Thank you everyone who keeps showing up to our sessions, be ye old or new - Keep bein' awesome.

SpecialSoup

Post by SpecialSoup »

Only played one mission today, had to dash off

Cloudline
Juliet 2 SMG FTL

I like the cloud cover, mission was fun, managed to cap 4 or 5 of the baddies before realising everyone else was dead bar the remnants of Juliet.

Tried to flank round to the east with Iceraiser, landed a nice grenade before promptly taking a bullet to the face.

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

What's with everyone bailing all of a sudden?

Cloudline
FIA CO
Split the group in two, tried to sneak in with Alpha while Juliet moves down the main road. The attack began with a heavy grenade barrage, followed by a glorious charge, putting a dent into the enemy forces. As Alpha got ground down, Juliet took over, and by the end of it we saw two surviving machinegunners going Rambo over the base.

I am a bush
A1 FTL
As someone said, this ended up being a surprisingly realistic simulation of military operations. We stood around, repositioned, jogged with no obvious reason, there was lots of yelling, the equipment was short, the convoy was late, the intel was wrong, and everything went to hell in a handbasket. So, y'know, milsim :jihad:

Jolly Blue XL
NATO ASL
Just as I was about to get in way over my head, my game crashes, and by the time I reconnect I'm shot, bleeding out, and have no idea where I am. Luckily, the command chain acted quickly and teh unit continued as normal.
[/allegedly]

boberro

Post by boberro »

From Jolly Blue:

Look at it. This was first session with new helos. We extracted successfully (almost everyone alive :D), pilot opened back ramp for some victory fire, and you did not shoot.
Shame on you whoever it was on the back seats.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

IceRaiser

Post by IceRaiser »

Comrade Aqarius, fear not.
Ice simply don't have the time to be an active host, so I'm voluntarily stepping down.
I'll still be around as a normal grunt.

Any rumours of "bribes", "mansions" and "manbearpig" are just that - rumours.

heffron

Post by heffron »

Aqarius wrote:What's with everyone bailing all of a sudden?
I am a bush
A1 FTL
As someone said, this ended up being a surprisingly realistic simulation of military operations. We stood around, repositioned, jogged with no obvious reason, there was lots of yelling, the equipment was short, the convoy was late, the intel was wrong, and everything went to hell in a handbasket. So, y'know, milsim :jihad:
Describes it very well, lol :mrgreen:

I got to be the CAS in the last mission, however didn't ask ground troops how the visibility was down there. So when broken arrow was called, the only thing i destroyed was my Neophron :v:

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

heffron wrote: I got to be the CAS in the last mission, however didn't ask ground troops how the visibility was down there. So when broken arrow was called, the only thing i destroyed was my Neophron :v:
Sorry for being the guinea pig here. I was genuinely curious if CAS was an option without JTAC. In hindsight I should have spawned you in a few AA-buzzards to play with.

heffron

Post by heffron »

wolfenswan wrote: Sorry for being the guinea pig here. I was genuinely curious if CAS was an option without JTAC. In hindsight I should have spawned you in a few AA-buzzards to play with.
JTAC could be quite useful in those conditions hehe, visual ID was impossible. However, I had quite some fun flying around anyway.

lietuvis10

Post by lietuvis10 »

7.62 Machinguns. Duel.