[Tue] 18 Nov (Oh Comrade Where Art Thou?)

How we died (in the future)
audiox
Host

[Tue] 18 Nov (Oh Comrade Where Art Thou?)

Post by audiox »

Today a somewhat lackluster, yet enthusiastic 11 comrades came along to play with us on Altis. (We're just gonna blame Ubisoft already. Also, word from the party is that exam preparations are counter-revolutionary, so you don't want to be seen doing any of those, right!)

• Holy Stones
  • Paintball with Bullets
  • The Service
  • Don't Knock I
  • Cloudline
  • The 3 Way (1Way)
  • The Service
  • Jolly Blue XL x 2

Anyway, tonight we learned that the AI set to "Low" can still kill us all, so thats nice to know. :laugh:

boberro

Re: [Tue] 18 Nov (Oh Comrade Where Art Thou?)

Post by boberro »

This session reminded us, that it is possible to play ARMA without three dozens of cannon fodder. I mean, that it still can be fun, not that we had any chance :D

Cloudline, A1
We hid behind the rocks and waited for UAV, but enemy opened up on us, so we charged in (lobbing lots of grenades before we did). I got to the center of the compound before they 'naded me.

The 3 Way (1Way), hired assassin
First shots fired field promoted tired hippo to our new ftl, and me to grenadier/AT gunner. GP is what you need in close quarters, and I taught that to those ugly greenfor.
Since it was only three of us left when we got to the town, we spread thin - I ran to the other side of the square just in time to take out two guys running out of the right, a second later one guy running from behind the building in front of me, a second later one guy sprinting out of the corner to my left.
That last one was our contact officer Aquarius...

The Service, defendfor
I lied down in the forest, overlooking the southern approach, from where they were to attack, but unfortunately in my case they were on the hill to the east...

Jolly Blue XL x 3

No. 1
Explosion!

No. 2
Contacts from the south turned out to be friendlies, but attacked they shot back. Our leader died.
At this point Zeus turned back into kefirz, and went all meta. While we were distracted by his shenanigans, real enemy got spawned behind us
:psyboom:

No. 3
I'm not sure if anyone has any idea in which part of Altis we started.
Again, first shots fired promoted comrade tired hippo, yay!
By the time we got to some buildings, helicopter pilot found our wreckage, so we used all our intelligence to run out of any cover, to the open field, so he could find us...
:siiigh:
Anyways, one person got rescued and then helicopter got shot down a second later.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Had fun in the session, but I really want to ask where were all the people?
I know that usually I can't make it on Tuesdays, because I'm not home, but 11 guys... that's an all time low, isn't it?

Finally a good song from Boberro :fry:
But it's not quite how it all went down in Jolly Blue.
Bob, I spawned a fireteam of IND guys, behind the ridgeline ~300m away, out of sight and told them to move towards the wreckage.
While you were still at the wreckage it looked like you lot had a concussion and didn't know what to do and would be wiped by those 4 IND guys, so I spawned a squad of FIA guys further away, in the valley that are moving also towards the wreck and then a bit uphill towards you, they were friendly, but one of you started shooting and guess what... they shot back, so I had to strike them with lightning, but by that time the 4 original IND guys arrived and wiped you all out. :owned:
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

zitron

Post by zitron »

Unfortunately I am in Manchester for a conference, couldn't make it on Tuesday. :(

fer

Post by fer »

Unfortunately, I'm working again and often at the client office on Tuesdays - and I can't make it home in time to play. But that doesn't mean I'm not watching you all.

It would be interesting to know what was going on this week - did some big new games come out, or is it exam season? OTOH, small sessions can be fun too. Remember, it's about the people, not the numbers. Although more people allows for more show trials and executions.

Also, for comrades who enjoyed the music sample at the start of Cloudline, here it is:
cloudline.ogg
(449.08 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
The underlaying sample is from Hammock's Locating Silence (you can buy the album on iTunes). I added some numbers stations to it.