[Sun] 14 Dec 2014 (Shoot the tail rotor)

How we died (in the future)
Aqarius
Host

[Sun] 14 Dec 2014 (Shoot the tail rotor)

Post by Aqarius »

Tonight's battles were fought by (up to) 19 brave comrades, diving headlong into the fray, whatever the hell that is!
  • 3-10 to Kavala
  • Self-Service
  • Jolly-Blue XL
As always, the Party welcomes all tales of glory, and refers all lawsuits to HR.
[/allegedly]

boberro

Re: [Sun] 14 Dec (Shoot the tail rotor)

Post by boberro »

To the comrade missionmaker of 310 To Kavala (Wolf?):

I took most average position one could have, that is AAR in alpha 3. During the briefing, I had no instructions, because briefing did not load (no situation, mission tabs etc.)
When the game started, all I saw was this:
Then I decided to go back to lobby, and after starting mission again, I was shown this:
Third try was after I disconnected from the server and connected again, but my AI was dead by then.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

blen2r

Post by blen2r »

Thank you comrades, I had a blast!

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

boberro wrote:To the comrade missionmaker of 310 To Kavala (Wolf?):
Hm. First one looks like an issue we've seen fairly often in ARMA (2 and 3). In any case, I'd assume both are more F3 related than to the mission. Prob. something went wonky due to connection issues.

Freyja
Host

Post by Freyja »

Mission 1
The first mission (the co-operative one) was a long hard fight to take a town from the AI after which we would wait for nightfall and ambush a convoy, despite the fact that we failed to do so, I still think that is my favourite mission to date.

Now I might be a bit biased, because I was part of the overwatch team that wasn't annihilated by the angry townsfolk, but it seemed like we exactly the right amount of gear and good positioning to turn a tremendously difficult situation into a winnable one. It was one of the few times where we had seemingly exactly the amount of anti tank we needed and at ranges where if we were fortunate enough, we would be able to take out the enemy armour.

The largest thing that went wrong was that the overwatch element never had any vision on or ability to cover the assaulting elements, which could have been planned better, but such is war.

Mission 2
Oh my shrek aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah why is this happening nooooo

Mission 3
A semi-successful attempt at fleeing a crashed helicopter made more difficult by having one of the members of leadership get stuck in terrain, and the rescue helicopter not being capable of having people enter it. Oops.

All in all, really good session.

Raptoer

Post by Raptoer »

Netkev wrote: having one of the members of leadership get stuck in terrain
I fell in a hole. It was very dark.