[Sun] 28 Dec 2014 (The Angel of Tigershark)

How we died (in the future)
fer

[Sun] 28 Dec 2014 (The Angel of Tigershark)

Post by fer »

Missions:
  • Surfin (SWR edition)
  • Jolly Blue XL
  • Buzzard
  • The Service
  • Race Thunder XL (after-party)
Tonight, there were up to 24 brave and loyal comrades on the frontlines, fighting for the Party. Well, maybe some were fighting because the Party had a static HMG pointing at them from behind. Whatever! The motivations are hardly important - it's the dying that counts.

[more words here in a moment ...]

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new YouTube channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

:v:

Aqarius
Host

Re: [Sun] 28 Dec 2014 (The Angel of Tigershark)

Post by Aqarius »

Surfin'
BSL
Ah, this was a return to form! Classic FA CQC fight for a bunker line, mortars and everything, and fire/maneuver administrated by our very own Glorious Comrade Carson. To everyone who died early, the Party shall honour your sacrifice.
The SWR works great, but I think it causes issues with the SWS and a few other things.

Jolly Blue XL
B3 FTL
Arma 3 seems to give me night blindness. This may or may not be the reason my fireteam was gunned down and ignobly bled out on a hillside somewhere. Some other stuff that happened in the mission, however, I have no explanation for :laugh: .
[/allegedly]

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Here are a few, short snippets from the session.

Jolly Blue XL

:laugh:
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Rook

Post by Rook »

- Jolly Blue XL

AAF Colonel [VIP]

I haven't played a mission this exciting or immersive in months. I snagged the VIP slot fast so that I could guilt-free run away with my tail between my legs from any loud sounds or scary men, with the added bonus of the guarantee that the chopper wouldn't leave without me.

It all started out a bit Metal Gear, creeping along hillsides in the night, spying the flashlights of patrols from a distance and scarpering away before we were spotted. Then the Zeusians (Head & Wolf) decided to up the pace a bit and began heli-dropping troops around us. We took advantage of the first enemy helo, lighting it up as it landed and pumping it full of holes. We realised this was fruitless however when two more landed in quick succession, so we tactically withdrew. Netkev: 'If you're getting shot at you're not running away fast enough'.

Things slowly got more intense, as contacts started getting called out east, north, west, south, east again. An enemy helo decided to light me and my bodyguards up as we crested a hill and I dove behind a rock just as my screen filled with red tracer fire. We made a break for some trees and emerged in a clearing still being chased by several helos and a platoon of angry AAF, when finally, like an angel from heaven, Tigershark and the Huron/Chinook he was piloting roared over us - 'Friendly Huron! That's one of ours!' - as we hastily threw smoke and chemlights to make the greek field we were in as bright as the Vegas Strip. We all bundled in when Tigershark glided down, and set off toward friendlier territory. However as we were leaving a stray bullet found Tigershark's cockpit, cracking his windscreen and damaging his instruments - and also triggering an alarm in the cargo bay that made us all reach for parachutes.

A minute passed, two minutes passed, we looked home free. Preliminary celebrations were being discussed when a black shadow flew across the back of the helo, and through the open loading bay I could see a Buzzard chasing us down. Urging Tigershark to fly faster and more evasively (while hurriedly closing the loading bay), we eventually made it to the airfield when the Buzzard let loose an AA rocket upon us. We lost rotors and Netkev shouted for everyone to get out. I jumped as fast as I could but we were too low for the chutes to open in time, and as I flew through the air the last words I heard came crackling through the radio from Netkev - 'Never mind.'

All in all a great mission that fully immersed me and generated quite the epic story.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

In case you were wondering what it looked like from up high:

Gemoxy

Post by Gemoxy »

I've got two unedited videos of the last two sessions I were in.

Highway to the Danzer Gone.

Pretty much following the SL around for about 34 minutes, then I do stuff for the last 3. It was fun being important and fragile!