[Tue] 27 Jan 2015 (You set the AI to high)

How we died (in the future)
Freyja
Host

[Tue] 27 Jan 2015 (You set the AI to high)

Post by Freyja »

A grand total of 26 comrades decided to show up and watch yours truly desperately attempting to remember all the details needed to put together a playable session, forgetting most of them throughout! I want to thank everyone that decided to show up, and hope that I will one day remember to check the parameters before starting missions.

Scenarios Played
  • Neuromancer
  • Bees
  • Weekend Warriors
  • Jolly Blue

Afterparty
  • The Rundown
  • The Rundown 2: Electric Boogaloo
After a pleasant jaunt through FutureCyberSpace wot resulted in the absolute destruction of Blue team, the party went on perform an attempted helicopter assault on a fortified position.

Unbeknownst to our brave comrades, the opposition had some sort of hybrid buddhist warrior monk/slasher villain among their ranks who promptly excecuted the entirety of Bravo squad, leaving the helicopters and Alpha squad in the interesting position of having their internal organs replaced with shrapnel from the reinforcing IFVs auto-cannons. The party retreated to their furniture-less concrete cube to partake in Foreign Art Film where they were rudely interrupted by a large group of surprisingly ineffectual Men With Guns. There was a shattered retreat that involved a helicopter in there somewhere.

:v:

It is the time, it is the season. We would really like to be able to pay for our server a year in advance. Many glorious party members have helped us do so thus far, if you would like to help us out it is much appreciated and the details are in this thread. Which it is counter-revolutionary not to read, so there. :cop:

boberro

Re: [Tue] 27 Jan 2015 (You set the AI to high)

Post by boberro »

The Rundown (part 1)
After our car got GP'd and rendered useless, I wasted both my rockets on flying helicopter, while Kefirz retreated strategically in other car. Since I got hit, and the helicopter was still shooting, I had to hide in a bulding and patch myself up. What was my disappointment, when I realized they landed 50 meters from my window!
With no rockets and no grenades, they disposed of me quickly, helo came back for them and... I'm not sure what happened. It landed too hard? Anyways I myself dealt with one fireteam chasing us :D

Screenshots added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™ by Boberro
Image Image Image
AAF Fireteam 2 trying to fix any of vehicles around them.

Screenshots added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™ by Boberro
Image Image Image
AAF Fireteam 2 setting up successful ambush.

Technical note: I guess it's my computer dying, but while I had absolutely no problems when playing on FIA side, on the second go, when in helicopter, my computer went bonkers as soon as shooting started, and I wasn't able to do anything at all.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

I really enjoyed The Rundown first time around (I was TH2).
Someone actually managed to hit my engine well enough to set off the master warning, the whole reason I landed was I thought I was about to go into auto-rotation. Only realized I still had full control once I touched down. Bloody good fun to do though, had my heart racing.

The reason the chopper went down the second time was because the engine just gave out, it couldn't take the stress of battle. totally not me landing it too hard >_>

Video of all this should be up later. :)

Ninja Demon

Post by Ninja Demon »

"yep! that's a dead sniper" - Blip3

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

As promised

tired hippo

Post by tired hippo »

Nice video reppy. I've always really liked the more high concept adversarials that there were in A2 days so I'm looking forward to playing The Rundown again.