[Sun] 22 Feb 2015 (123, ABC, IFV, GMG!)

How we died (in the future)
Terminal Boy

Re: [Sun] 22 Feb 2015 (123, ABC, IFV, GMG!)

Post by Terminal Boy »

Cordon Blu

Pickers ably led Alpha 3 out to a good overwatch point and I headed off to plant my 4 AP mines in likely spots 2-300 metres ahead. I met several civilians on the way and told them to tell their friends stay away from the mines I was planting. Therefore, I didn't commit and war crimes and can't be held accountable for the 4 civilians that didn't heed their friend's advice.

It was totally dark by the time I headed back to A3 and was concerned to hear another element (A2 I guess) mentioning possible EI incoming from exactly the direction I was coming from. Pickers put them straight and I got safely back to A3.

Bravo managed to get wiped out according to squad comms, so A3 was sent back towards the town to intercept the infiltrators. Much running to and fro in the pitch darkness occurred until we bumped into a lone EI who must of killed at least one of A3 as the mission failure banner of shame was displayed.

Keeping The Peace

Returning from a short AFK, I found the infantry slots taken, so I volunteered to be TH 2's Crew Chief and that's things started to go sideways on me...

Not having the Helicopters DLC meant that I couldn't man the guns in the CH-57, so I sat in the back as ballast. Feeling somewhat guilty that I'd taken a role that I couldn't fulfil, I decided to purchase the DLC as I have the Steam Overlay enabled for Arma 3. The next thing I know, the DLC purchase screen fades and I'm no longer in the back of the Huron. I'm actually falling into the clear blue sea below. Stranger still, I didn't die and started swimming towards the shore.

As luck would have it, I was just walking out of the surf when I saw TH 2 come into land nearby, so I ran over to catch up with Ajax and the crew of TH1. We talked, had lunch and walked back to sit in the shade of TH2 when Citron decided to strip down to his underwear. If I wanted to see stuff like that, I'd have joined the Navy..

The time came to extract the ground forces from LZ Shameful Display and TH2 took to the skies again with myself manning the right minigun. We took some sporadic small arms fire on final approach and then heavy calibre rounds or rockets or both started whaling on the Huron like the wrath of an angry good. Instrument panel went red across the board and the master alarm played the "You're Screwed" tune at full volume.

I was both surprised and delighted that Ajax managed to land the doomed Huron not far from TH1.The enemy helicopter trying to land nearby was something I could have done without at this point. Ajax and I scrambled aboard TH1 and started to fill in NATO form 12-182-BQ2 - A.K.A. "What Happened To The Multimillion Euro Helicopter You Signed Out This Morning?"

I guess I'm back in charge of the Laundry again...