[Tue] 13 Oct 2015 ("Worst host ever" - Zitron)

How we died (in the future)
Freyja
Host

[Tue] 13 Oct 2015 ("Worst host ever" - Zitron)

Post by Freyja »

I would like to thank the 28 people that decided to join us during today's romp, stay bodacious dudearinos.

Runlist Here's a sweet ass compiled list of information I blatantly stole from the ends of Fer's AARs. Enjoy!

Mabbott
Host

Re: [Tue] 13 Oct 2015 ("Worst host ever" - Zitron)

Post by Mabbott »

Netkev wrote:Radio Gaga [CO-OP, Survival horror]

That sounds about right. Goddamn was that a meatgrinder.
"Full sails!" - Kefirz
"Don't engage, wait for them to pass the [*rocket launched with wooooosh sound*] bridge... [*boom - rocket hitting the tank*]" -Me, leading an ambush.
For the empire :hist101:

darkChozo
Host

Post by darkChozo »

I want a meatgrinder that works via hidden GMG.

boberro

Post by boberro »

Zitron wrote:Worst host ever.
That's what you get for trying to be nice and cooperative. If you ever wondered why Fer is such a neurotic...

And GMG should be banned by 2035, as weapon inhumane in non-respawn environment.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Kasmeister

Post by Kasmeister »

Tried FTLing for the first time, also first time stayed up for all missions :)

Budget issues - AR for alpha 2 if im right, Ben as FTL.

It was basically a shooting range. We spawned, got into our positions, started shooting, killed some guys trying to heroically charge uphill, and then got out with helos. I heard the west flank was really hot though, as we lost a guy from our fireteam when he started helping alpha 1.

Hornets' Nest - AR for i cant remember, but i was under Kefirz.

Cool pew pew pew, got 6 kills with those 3 boxes 150 rounds each, then run out of ammo. Shortly after i got two boxes from a friendly i got killed from nowhere. I liked this mission.

The Shrine - First time FTL, for alpha 2 in this mission.

Our mission as alpha 2 was to defend the shrine from its north, in the lighthouse. After we spawned it became clear that the island is much smaller that i previously thought, and that the lighthouse was 4 small walls with a lamp. This mission went from careful plans into pew pew pew real fast after the enemies landed on the island. After that i took one guy with me and left 2 guys defending the shrine from the north. Me and Ben managed to suprise the enemy by just sprinting into them lying on the ground and executing every single one. Well nearly everyone. Two were still alive and killed the rest of our squad. Was a nice mission after all.

Radio Gaga - being FTL went out pretty much okay last time, whats the worst that could happen? This mission.

We were supposed to be the supporting element, but things went to absolute shit nearly immediately. We had basically 2 fireteams versus a shit load of infantry supressing everyone everywhere + at least 3 APCs + an armed ifrit we didnt get to destroy in the end at all. Basically we were meant to go in from the north, but that meant going through ~150 meters of an empty field. In the end we just raced towards that construction site and started returning some fire, when we saw in global chat that we have 5 minutes to complete the objective. My great idea was to just rush through the town without clearing the buildings towards the radio tower. Worked out in the end, but with a lot of luck. I got killed almost immediately trying to pass a road, when i got shredded by an enemy machine gun. In the last few seconds Peasant planted the explosive charge, but got downed instantly after. Luckily he got it on timer. GG. Me after that mission - :commissar:

Afterparty was cool as well, Infection was really fun, and salt riders were really really fast. Like literally, preparing for that mission was longer than the actual mission itself. It ended in like 50 seconds :P.

madrak_the_red
Host

Post by madrak_the_red »

In the future, I'm going to have to use APCs as battering rams more often. That was fun.

Also, the commander turret in the marid remains nearly useless. Why is it lower than the gunner, and why is it blocked on the right by the vehicle itself, and the left by the wingmirrors. It's ridiculous.

That run of radiogaga was messed up, man. I don't think I've been more pinned down before.
TURN OUT FOR WHAT

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

madrak_the_red wrote:Also, the commander turret in the marid remains nearly useless. Why is it lower than the gunner, and why is it blocked on the right by the vehicle itself, and the left by the wingmirrors. It's ridiculous.
Does the periscope not elevate the way it does for the ifrit?

guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Xostriyad

Post by Xostriyad »

I was in as rober_000 because I'm continuously too lazy to figure out how to migrate all of my settings to my preferred profile name.
Budget Issues: Shooting range type stuff. If I could critique I'd say it would need more baddies charging up the hill or something. Maybe some tanks/ifvs?

Hornets' Nest: This was one of my favorite outings ever with you guys. I was part of Charlie volunteered to take the radar dome. We get out of the IFV and every experience I've had with you all said "Get behind a rock now" Sure enough as soon as I got some cover I heard someone say incoming mortars and the entire fire team died except me. Worked closing with the squad leader and the IFV to take the radar dome and provide support.

One thing I absolutely loved about this mission was working with the IFV that closely.

The Shrine: I was feeling too invincible after the previous mission and didn't get behind a rock and died in the opening fire barrage from the main land. Looked like I missed out when I was watching it.

And that's it for me. Wife and kid got home and I had to bolt.

Amiideus

Post by Amiideus »

Hey everyone !

Last night was my third time playing with the glorious comrades of Folk ARPS, and it was intense fun !

Budget Issues
I was Alpha-1-6 or something like that, just your basic Fireman. I had a crappy Holo, and no CBA so the flares sucked and all I could see was pitch black. I got the honor of noticing the first Tangos down the hill under a streetlamp North-West of our hill. Not a smart move on their part, as two fireteams quickly opened fire on them. I think we got some. I personally didn't. At some point I transfered to the west because it was under heavy fire, shot at some guy on the hillside from a bunker, but I died. 40 seconds exactly after I died, the evacuation order for Bravo was given and shortly after, Alpha got away, leaving my body to be desecrated by the blasted fascists.

Hornet's Nest
That mission was the most fun, I was Alpha-1-5 (AT) under Comrade Washington, we entered the village from the South-West, following the road with a Marid right behind us.

We are so nice looking !
Glorious tactical advance !
Ditto !

At some point a wall was interfering and I quickly proposed a short-range rocket-based solution to my FTL who, and I quote 'appreciated the enthusiasm'. A second later, the radio ringed a warning, and comrade Madrak-the-red cleared a path for us, after someone smoked the area to cover our advance.
I was right behind the pointman, a recognized and hierarchically favored party member when we encountered someone from the squad who had preceded us by taking the long way'round. Comrade pointman quickly taught him some manners by putting 3 x 6.5mm rounds in his chest & then resuscitating him, thus showing that the party is always fair, even when it's tough.

Further down the road our noble and brave FTL was downed in a house and I had the honor to rescue him, eventhough his immobilized body was preventing me from entering the room (thanks Arma Engine !). I ended up emptying a full mag in the FIA scum. No-one downs my FTL.

The mission was really nice, especially since I was alive to see victory. I managed 4 kills during the mission, mostly encounters closer than 50m.

The Shrine
In this adversarial mission, 2 persian Fireteams with a Marid and no night vision attacked a small band of hellenes, (also without night vision) protecting a sacred place on a small island. If that plot reminds you of anything, wait for what happens next.

I was CSAT, Alpha-1-5/6 (can't really remember) and our task was to lay down fire on the Shrine while Alpha-2 took to the boats to make an amphibious assault, in pitch black night. We couldn't really see anything outside of the 3 seconds of illumination from the lighthouse and tried to shoot the tracers coming our way.

We ended up boarding the Marid, crossing the small strait and disembarking to help Alpha-2 which, at that moment was "2 men strong" (quoting the FTL). We saw some movement to our right, and thought nothing of it since it must have been Alpha 2. Checking the map proved that it wasn't. We chased, I saw one, 10m in front of me, he saw me, he was quicker and the draw.

Again I died right before victory. Let it be my curse.

You have a good day!
Have a good one !
-Paul, Amiideus

Kasmeister

Post by Kasmeister »

@Amiideus

You disembarked south from my fireteams position, i took one guy with me and just rushed there. You guys were so hard to spot though, in that black gear and all. I took 3 of you guys, and my teammate maybe got one because there were two of you left. All i know was that we were incredibly lucky. If you started shooting first it'd have changed the whole situation.