[Sun] 15 Nov 2015 (Kill or Bee killed)

How we died (in the future)
darkChozo
Host

Re: [Sun] 15 Nov 2015 (Kill or Bee killed)

Post by darkChozo »

Didn't get a ton of good footage this week, mostly because I accidentally chose a bunch of backline roles, but hey, this landing was really good.

Peasant

Post by Peasant »

Really good turnout, fun mission list, good night of Arma

Generally negotiable Platoon Medic
Honestly, I felt a bit surplus to requirements in this mission. But, you know, I picked the slot, and otherwise Ralian would have been super lonely.

Lightning Strike Charlie 1 FTL
This went pretty smoothly really. After we lost someone to jumping out of the back of a moving truck and Charlie 2 getting delayed by some accidental grenade incidents we moved out, supported by an IFV we weren't in comms with, which always makes things interesting, we did pretty well. Our flank was defended by scattered infantry only and we cleared up to the checkpoint pretty clearly. We then had to cross to the town. I thought that we had cleared out the guys who could shoot at us, but it turned out that there was one guy left with a UGL who managed to perfectly catch both of Red team, bringing them down. Luckily, we managed to get in comms with the IFV and it popped smoke, allowing us to tape up our comrades in relative cover. After that, we advanced without resistance to the utterly enormous motorpool where Sparks was able to blow up things to his heart’s content until he got himself caught on fire and I accidently blew up half of Charlie 2 watched in horror as Charlie 2 fell victim to deviously placed IEDs, those CSAT bastards.

Bees Bravo something poor bloody infantryman
The saying ‘we’re Airborne, we’re meant to be surrounded’ should probably be taken as an unfortunate truth, rather than a strategic maim.
I would never suggest that command chose a poor LZ for bravo, but I do now have a new understanding for the terms surrounded, enfilading fire and oh god, why is my body mostly lead. thank you to boberro for valiantly but ultimately pointlessly bringing me back to life more times than should be necessary.
On a positive note, Sparks, you did a really good job inserting us. Can you please never do that again and instead stay at very high altitude and a long way from the men with guns who don’t like us.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ralian wrote:Also sparks, to be fair... arma reddit tends to get pissed off if you try and pass anything remotely lacking off as "l33t", even jokingly. You really have to be careful with those folks.
There's a word for behaviour like that...
...and "fair" ain't it!
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

PhilFlame

Post by PhilFlame »

Ralian wrote:Also @philFlame, shame on you for editing out the best part of bees, the ride over (in which I do very silly things, see above) :P
:) Here you go - unedited: https://youtu.be/oUQwrj_snDw?t=1m51s

intel64gamer

Post by intel64gamer »

Ralian wrote:@intel, nice piloting. Mind if I create a merged video of my footage and your footage for PR? (there was more than one time when we nearly ran into each other)

If you could link me to some sort of source video, that would be nice. If not, what you have works, I can download it myself.
Feel free to. The source video only contains about a minute of extra video. It is mostly just the takeoff that you are missing. If you for some reason need that scene I can provide the source, but otherwise it probably isn't much good.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Generally Negotiable
Bravo 1 FTL with Undefinable (AR), BEAKER (AR), Tarbenderr (RAT), Grumpy (R) and Spanks (R)

Nice straightforward, almost correctly done run this. Boo. Charlie and Alpha got to take high ground with the toys while Bravo got the actual work of schlepping through the valley and the town clearing out the enemies and blocking the main reinforcements' line of approach during the meeting. Sheesh. We got things done, cleared the valley, then moved into the town, cleared right up along the western edge of the town and then cut across to the main road leading north and started plinking at any targets that showed up. Then an IFV turned up and it plinked back and I was spectating :D Oh well. It was nice to see us operating cohesively. Though our retreat seemed a bit... less organised? Still not sure how CO got back to the starting point before everyone else had left the town (including Bravo 1 who hadn't left the defensive point on the nothern road by that stage).

Lightning Strike
Charlie 2 RAT with Peasant (FTL), TheCatWho (AR), Grumpy (AR), Undefinable (R) and Tink (R)

Ah, this mission. Death by exploderising almost every time...

We booked down the MSR to the north, through some small arms fire, and along the way someone ejected out of the truck at high speed and died in a most Fer-satisfying way. We got to the dismount point and had two grenade misfires in a row, and eventually decided that we would be safer running at the enemy. So Charlie moved up and took the first set of buildings and then pressed up to and took the roadblock. We had a few close contacts, but mostly it was 200m+ plinking with carbines and ARs to point out the enemy to Madrak who'd hose them down with the IFV.

Liking the new patches on the vehicles by the way. Stylin'.

After taking the roadblock, we pressed up to the town, pausing only so that I could do my patented catch-the-shrapnel-in-my-teeth trick, while madrak made me think he was going to do his reverse-over-friendlies trick. Then we got to the town and I realised I could hit the supply depot with my PCML from there. But no, we were ordered in. So I consoled myself by stealing a pistol, some binocs and a better scope off a dead body, and moved on into the town. We had sporadic contact but nothing major, and kept moving, even as I realised that I could now hit artillery and tanks in the depot with my PCML, but we moved on. I was sure now I was going to be exploderised without ever firing that stupid heavy rocket thing. Gah.

We pushed down the road towards the crossroads as Alpha or Bravo blew the AA guns. With the bullet magnet IFV beside us, we moved up on the depot, killed all the EI there and cleared it. And then Peasant said I could blow up anything I wanted.

*hehhehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe* :D

There was boomage. Lots of boomage. I think some people were too close to the boomage. And then there was more boomage. Many things went boom. But then I got burned putting a bomb on the last tank and ThatCat had to drag me away and the mission ended and he shot me before I could set off the last bomb :(

Bees
Pilot, TH1

So after that last thing with all the exploderising and death, a nice quiet flight in the countryside...

...balls to the wall edition. So the plan was, screw these silly intel reports of tanks and shit, let's land on the beach with the smaller ablative human shield scouting fireteam while the main team lands safely while we get murderised elsewhere simultaneously. And it was a plan that was going really well until half-way to the AO when the sniper team reported that while being super-sneaky scout recon types, they'd been snuck up on by the enemy and shot. So TH3 had to put pedal to metal, then correct their spin, remember they were in a helicopter, and accelerate to top speed to try to get to ST1's location before they finished bleeding out. The rest of the helos continued on, albiet a little faster, to the Helo RV point, and once there, AH1 was meant to go blow the everloving wombats out of the road 20m inland from the beach while TH1 and TH2 came round the corner of the bay as low as they could and land on the beach itself; TH4 and TH5 would cut across the bay as fast as they could then quickstop once the nasty things inland couldn't see them, and head to their sheltered LZ to drop off Alpha.

I thought it was a good plan myself, I don't know why Ralian didn't want to be a part of it... :fry:

And it almost went perfectly? Okay, I got bays confused for (literally) a second, so we were slow getting to the edge of the bay but that wasn't critical; if anything it saved our ass because AH1 nuked the beach we were going to be landing on (I think you mostly got civilians btw AH1 :D ); TH1 and TH2 got to the beach without popping high up enough that we drew fire from the heavy stuff, even if I'd have liked to have come in lower than we did (and I don't know who it was in Bravo who jumped out of TH1 before we landed but dude. Just because the helo skitters sideways and drops ten metres as its intended landing spot explodes is not a good reason to jump out of a perfectly working helicopter :clint: ). Bravo was all mostly alive when we landed them on the beach, and both helos got out again afterwards and went to link up near the helo loiter point along with TH5 who was trying to slinghook an enemy boat for some reason. TH3 and I tried to touch noses because, well, pilots be pilots yo, and then CO got himself shot along with his medic. We stopped having fun and I went to go land and try to stuff a bandaid where it hurt, but before I was even a km out, the mission called itself on account of how there were only five people still up and moving and they were all in helicopters. So apparently the fighting on the ground was a bit rough? :D

Manhunt
Juliet 1 combat medic with Madrak (FTL), Goldmonger (AR), Fuhji (R), SuicideKing (R) and Shado (R)

A slightly more conservative plan this time and for once I was groundpounding in a helo mission. Which felt... kinda dirty. In a pot noodle sort of way.

We'd land south of the town, Juliet 2 would land west of the town and we'd squeeze the ne'er-do-wells in the town towards MMG1 to the east while the helos scouted and swore at the enemy. It worked pretty well I thought; we got into the town with no losses, while the bad guys lost their technical. Mostly. We pressed in and had a somewhat drawn-out and confused firefight. I hung back, because medic, and healed up people as they had small boo-boos. And shot some people who needed small boo-boos, but they were AI so it didn't count. And then saw goldmonger get very big boo-boos and couldn't do much for him, and then accidentally picked up his AR while trying to heal his dead corpse.

Look, it's not my fault. Ask BI, they're the ones who put "steal all the dead guy's shit" as the default action for a corpse...

We pressed on further, SuicideKing got knocked down, I went to patch him up and as I was doing that, someone hosed down the two officers, so I celebrated by putting Suicide out of his misery :D

Really liking the patches :D

AFTERPARTY

Salt Flyers

Spawn as a dead floating corpse. Well, I guess so, but usually that's monday morning, not sunday night...

Salt Riders

Netkev is a sadistic evil murdering swine. Also, sorry Pickers, you dodged just the wrong way at just the wrong time...

HELICOPTERS

I don't get it, if we're this good at this, why are we so crap at landings?
reads the statistics on helos downed by aimed fire and helos downed by mid-air collision and CFIT
oh, right...

Shipping Problems

Stupid frakin' aimreloads...

guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse