[Sun] 21 Feb 2016 (Duck's eye view of a rocket launch)

How we died (in the future)
Sparks

[Sun] 21 Feb 2016 (Duck's eye view of a rocket launch)

Post by Sparks »

Missions: A pleasant evening's diversion with 34 comrades, and a personal victory for myself as I finally managed to get to the ground after everyone else in Assault and Battery for a change, which saw Comrade Carson lead us all to victory despite slightly more resistance on the exfil than anyone was anticipating.

We probably ought to contact PETA about those goats.

That barbecue completed, we moved on to defend the reputation of the party as we destroyed the lighthouse with ease in Lights Out. And all of Bravo Squad evac'd after having stormed the base and destroyed the target under heavy fire from Alpha. However, while we were waiting at the rendevous point for the extract boat, we were betrayed and fired upon by heavy armour and that was the end of most of Bravo. Alpha managed to kill the armour and extract to the now-waiting trawlers and submarines.

We then tried comrade darkChozo's latest creation (using the EDEN editor already comrade?), Pinnacle, or as it's known in scotland, Arma Truck Simulator. We assaulted a mountaintop while its entire garrison expended all their ammunition firing at me (I lost count of how many of Comrade Mabbot's bandaids I needed during the mission, but I know I lost about six pounds during the mission through blood loss...), but we murdered all but the molemen and our valiant engineers parked several tons of high explosives at their bunkers and blew them sky-high. Wonderful stuff.

We wound up the main part of the evening by shooting at each other in SF training ground, and despite a good initial attack, the attackers under comrade Mabbot were flanked and taken from behind by comrade Gaius, much to comrade Tigershark's chagrin. Even comrade Netkev, in an elevated position with a commandeered MMG, was unable to turn the tide. I did, however, have the best reason of the night to press the 'c' key...

And thus we passed into the afterparty, with Plumbers taking on Submariners, which is sheer genius, and we continued with quick bouts in helicopters, jets, trucks and on foot, before finishing with a race that ended in... well, chaos really :D

All in all, a good evening for the party. Well done comrades!

As is the custom among our people, please post your thoughts, feedback, evidence of perfidy, screenshots and video here - comrade SuperU's wonderful guide to our video branding is here and Comrade Carson has some excellent tips on video editing here. As Comrade Fer put it, "Post in the AAR Comrade, because I know what house you live in...". But more importantly, AAR threads do help us figure out how good our Comrades are becoming at not dying and let us kill them all faster challange them in more well-tailored ways in future sessions.

Also, they're often quite funny.

Some announcements:
- Remember that when Apex releases, FA will be adopting the new expansion quite rapidly; one week later to be exact. Details here, please read...
- And remember that we're trying to pay for the server and keep the lights on. We're almost there but not quite, please read the details here, in particular the shocking difference between the cost of running a website for a year and the cost of running an ARMA 3 server...
- Don't forget to check out comrade AudioX's workshops, details here...

Finally, the Party's recommended reading list:
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

intel64gamer

Re: [Sun] 21 Feb 2016 (Duck's eye view of a rocket launch)

Post by intel64gamer »

Sparks wrote:And thus we passed into the afterparty, with Plumbers taking on Submariners, which is sheer genius
Oh yes one of my many bad ideas :)

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

Much fun was had.

Kasmeister

Post by Kasmeister »

Hey, commanding is actually pretty fun would you think of that.

Boarnoah

Post by Boarnoah »

Assault and Battery
A1 Rifle
Love the new missions, over watching those MRLS fire into the night was pretty cool. Gotta hand it to comrade AJAX and his quick thinking with the truck tank, looks like it could have ended badly for the unfortunates near the road.

Lights Out
A2 AT
Another great mission. In hindsight I should have informed Comrade Carson I had the only AT in my fire team before retreating. A nasty looking piece of gear managed to slip through while I was trying to get far in front enough to sight it, I hear it went on to decimate most of Bravo as they ex filtrated (Bravo being bravo :lol: )

Action menu refused to let me enter the Zodiacs so ditched my gear on the beach and attempted to swim to the RV.

Overall great session, one slight concern I have was with Zeus(?) spawning in things somewhat at random mid mission (that herd of goats comes to mind). It is not a great big deal and I don't intend this to come across as anything but a mild observation. I Just feel like it may have been a tad too excessive although fairly humorous.