[Sun] 15 May 2016 (First time please be gentle)

How we died (in the future)
Mabbott
Host

[Sun] 15 May 2016 (First time please be gentle)

Post by Mabbott »

An amazing 33 comrades showed up this Sunday for a very long session of dying and killing. Thanks for putting up with my new hosting, difficulty issues, and welcome to all the new players we had tonight. Also we beat Hillside View!

Runlist:
  • Buzzard
  • Idiots II
  • Squirrels
  • Hillside View
Afterparty:
  • Rally Almyra
  • RC Cars
  • Helicopters
  • Riders on the Salt x2
  • Rally Almyra
"Full sails!" - Kefirz
"Don't engage, wait for them to pass the [*rocket launched with wooooosh sound*] bridge... [*boom - rocket hitting the tank*]" -Me, leading an ambush.
For the empire :hist101:

Gwathdring

Re: [Sun] 15 May 2016 (First time please be gentle)

Post by Gwathdring »

I was absolutely useless, but I had fun and command seemed to know what they were up to.

My Kill to Murder ratio was 2:1, so I should probably work on that ...

stonie

Post by stonie »

Great session, as always. The extraction in "Hillside view" with the two Tarus and the attack helo looked awesome. And one of the Tarus nearly used Ajax as a helipad.

The new afterparty mission was hilarious.

Some screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/TJ8T0
Last edited by stonie on Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Folk ARPS visual archive:
2017|2018|2019|2020|2021

Ralian

Post by Ralian »

Holy shit, #5 is now my new desktop background. (Sorry Ajax, didn't see you there. If I had landed on you, I think it would be the only day in FA history where someone was meat pancaked by a helicopter AND a jet.)

Video will take a bit longer to process as I recorded it in an inconvenient format to edit (having to configure new stuff is hard.) Anyways the audio is all leveled nicely. Lessons learned by failure, that is.
There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.

Peasant

Post by Peasant »

Great session as always everyone. The missions we did were not easy (except for Idiots. that went pretty fast)

Buzzard Alpha lead/CO

Note to hosts: being alpha lead and CO is totally fine if there are relatively few elements. (like alpha and bravo. maybe one attachment.)

(I need to do screen shots) Anyhow: so long walk from the deployment zone, but it meant that we didn't engage anyone until we got relatively close. At that point Alpha and Bravo split up. Bravo did better than I thought they would, so good job Kas and all of bravo, and cleared their objective relatively quickly, while Alpha got bogged down in firefights against heliborne reinforcements.

When Alpha commenced their assault, It went badly. A1 got chewed up by a strider, so A1 succesfully pulled out, Alpha moved a couple of hundred meters across, killed the strider then pushed the assault. I feel like as a squad we did this very well, and it felt very tacticool.

Then we pushed the assault and it went pretty clean (except for the second strider). Then I made really sure the runway was clear and the plane started to take off. We got really badly chewed up at this point because we got a bit lazy and stared at the plane, and the AAF counterattacked from a place where they had cover and we didn’t.

But the plane got away and everything was good!

Ralian

Post by Ralian »

There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.

boberro

Post by boberro »

Rally Almyra was downvoted and reported.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..