[Sun] 17 Jul 2016 (Welcome to Tanoa!)

How we died (in the future)
AJAX
Host

[Sun] 17 Jul 2016 (Welcome to Tanoa!)

Post by AJAX »

Thank You to all that came out today. A 52+ brave and fearless fellas came along for our first tropical adventure.
We had quit a nice long session with a fantastic new setting, some wonderfull missions and some long missed toys (AK's silly). A special thanks to all the incredible missions makers that give there time to ensure everyone elses time is as fun as possible, Cheers and Thanks!

Main Session:
Buzzard
Surgareola
Welcome To Tanoa
Harcourt Hideout
HS,LD (III)

Afterparty:
Saltwater Riders
Planes
Trench Runners
Trench Runners
Saltwater Riders

As always, comments are most welcome below. Also, if you have a nice story be sure to tell it. Videos are always much appreciated, and will be appropriated by our propaganda departement if you tell us about them.

If you think commanding seems like fun, yet hesitate because you worry that you won't come up with a reasonable plan on such short notice, then check out our leadership programme.

If you want to test out an updater/launcher for all your mod needs look no further than our Comrade head's marvellous contraption.

Did you notice that some vehicles/players had way cool FA Tractors on them tonight? That's because of the power of our squad tags. Get yours whilst stocks last.

In addition, we are now running a donation drive to insure the continuing running of the server on which we run our games on. Please lend a helping hand if you can, it would be appreciated by all. If you can't donate just keep coming to play because without "you", "we", would not be. folkarpsfinance@gmail.com

Snippers

Re: [Sun] 17 Jul 2016 (Welcome to Tanoa!)

Post by Snippers »

Welcome To Tanoa
Charlie Squad Lead

It was with great pleasure that I lead several comrades from 1Tac as part of the Third International Fighting Brigade in the name of Che Guevara on their expansion into Tanoan soil. We were assigned to a platoon commanded by the greatly revered Fer. Upon landing in Tanoa Charlie squad waited patiently for our turn in the armoury and it wasn't long before we were issued with our trusty AKMs (Pictured below)

After a considerable journey we arrived at a Tanoan village we swiftly took defensive positions. Charlie Squad was tasked with holding the Northern flank of the village we occupied the central bunker with one fireteam and the other held the northern trench. I placed myself with C1 who were tasked with holding the northern trench. Before we knew it night had fallen and CSAT forces began their assault on our village. The trench itself proved to be well protected to both the south and north but we soon learned that it was vulnerable to the east where soldiers could shoot down the length of the trench. We then decided to pay more attention to our 360 security. Unfortunately as the battle wagered on our platoon took causalities on all fronts and inevitably Fer was forced to issue to order everyone to fallback to the central bunker. Charlie-1 stayed on the northern flank as long as they could but due to limited ammo and overwhelming enemies were forced into the bunker. I held the trench alone and fought as best I could for Che Guevara but the enemy proved to be too strong. I died proudly clutching my precious AKM.

Great work on that mission DarkChozo. It was a truly great start to FA's Tanoa expedition. As always thank you FA for another great session!
Discipline yourself to do the things you love to do when you don't feel like doing them. - Edward James Olmos (Admiral Adama - Battlestar Galactica)

darkChozo
Host

Post by darkChozo »

A rare snapshot of the wild Kasmeister in his natural habitat: http://imgur.com/E6afclG

I also have video that I'll probably try to pull some screenshots from. Plus, I think there's a clip of a certain incident that took place in a certain high speed mission...

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Thoroughly enjoyed being back playing a session again since god knows when and to still see some old names bouncing around - except you dannysaysnoo, I had a feeling I may regret joining your FT for 'Sugareola' and you lived up to expectations by TK'ing me :lol:

'Welcome to Tanoa' was an awesome mission to play in despite Juliet being overrun early on and some of us getting ArmA'd in the bunker on top of the hill (something perhaps worth looking into). Had an Ia Drang Valley (We Were Soldiers) feel to it and I even felt compelled to keep on watching as a spectator to see how it unfolded!

intel64gamer

Post by intel64gamer »

Here is what I got from Costno's mission:

Costno
Host

Post by Costno »

I finally got recording again, so I have a couple videos. Sadly shadowplay only allows one push to talk key, and despite my overly complicated keyboard hotkey setup thanks to logitech not all of my audio was recorded so I've only uploaded the videos that have enough goodish audio.

Buzzards
Had a cool moment in this were a patrol walked literally on top of a couple guys low crawling either in my team or in MAT? Anyways some careful(frantic) shots went off and we dropped the two man patrol, but one of the friendlies on the ground ended up dead.

Sugareola
Nice adversarial to kick off Tanoa after the rain delay for the actual welcome mission. I'd like to thank 1Tac's fireteam for doing a lot of the heavy lifting in the mid part of that. Not sure what Charlie got done on their end, I presume they did a lot of damage but we (alpha) couldn't really support them from the other side of the factory.

Welcome to Tanoa

Harcourt Hideout
My coop mission launched with quite a few mistakes (no MAT markers, no name tags, super trained AI) but thankfully wolf caught my mistakes earlier enough to handle them for this run of it. (They're all fixed now (I hope...)). I was Bravo SL in this, and our job until I died was just to creep slowly along the beach towards the town. We got so close then I got shot.... :(. Got to spectate Eagle_Eye's team breaching the compound though which was enjoyable. Also enjoyed watching BV and COV? try exiting town to the west but encountering the AI reinforcement platoon.

HSLD
Landed, cleared our target building, and secured the LZ. The extraction was the nutty part of this. Intel landed first to pick us up, but was shot before he could take off. Then madrak came and got my FT, but he needed to also grab other survivors. We landed in a second spot and I was killed. Those other two got on board though, and madrak was able to lift off.

And then let's just say everyone made it back to base in one piece, no other helicopters or people were lost. Definitely not. Great success.

Trench Runners

Another mission I made, I think it turned out fairly well. Will update it soon though, no need for SWS or medics. Also there will likely be some lightning :D

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Screenshots look fantastic, shame I missed the session. Will be there tomorrow!

Will watch the vids once the bill cycle restarts, and I have my sweet 16Mbps back.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com