[Sun] 21 Aug 2016 (Slaughterific)

How we died (in the future)
Pooter
Host

[Sun] 21 Aug 2016 (Slaughterific)

Post by Pooter »

31 folks joined us for this fine Sunday where we tried out a new type of ASR AI.

We were running This mod which adds counterattacks and has AI move to cover.

Personally I liked the result, but it might require some tweaking to prevent us from getting swarmed.

Runlist:
Do you like shooting people? Well, pay attention on occasional Sundays to our Arma workshops, hosted by our very own Audiox, to learn how to shoot people more effectively! You can't even get shot yourself, it's great.

If you want to help us continue to make FolkARPS a thing, check out our new donation email. One day we'll figure out how to make a server that doesn't run on burning money, but until then, it's an unfortunate necessity.

RedMike

Re: [Sun] 21 August 2016 (Slaughterific)

Post by RedMike »

Fun session!

I did notice that the enemies seemed to be using cover very well, I actually thought one of them was a player/Zeus when it ran away from me and slid behind an outhouse, but it seemed to have the weird twitching AI normally has. Similarly, I saw at least one instance of an enemy force (although only three strong) coming up from behind of us in a building we'd engaged and thought we'd taken down, don't know if that's the mod or normal behaviour though.

I'd also like to say I enjoyed my first field promotion to fireteam leader, in which I drove my fireteam straight into an enemy literally a minute later.

Boarnoah

Re: [Sun] 21 August 2016 (Slaughterific)

Post by Boarnoah »

Harcourt Hideout
B1 R
We ran into targets on balconies and rooftops which was cool. IFV drove us out under a lot of fire (autocannon sounds awesome up close from the outside!).

Katakoula Syndikat
Syndikat A1 R
We put ourselves on the hills at the edge of the AO. Arc had two scouts go forwards to provide more intel. Mar3k got a nice rpg hit directly on the house a few of the blufor was in followed by a lot fire, we then retreated back into town and held it nicely. Awesome work squad leading Arc!.

Uphill From Here
A1(?)
We did our best impersonation of Omaha beach. Geeom assured us that we were landing at the correct location (which in fairness was indeed correct). His exact words were "don't worry about the bunker thats our lz " :lol:

The only survivor from our landing preparing for his charge

Pretty flares from the resupply helicopter