[Tue] 20 Sep 2016 (Bravo barbeque)

How we died (in the future)
Freyja
Host

[Tue] 20 Sep 2016 (Bravo barbeque)

Post by Freyja »

We laughed, we cried, we jumped in, and bravo died.

We started the journey off with a routine patrol in which crisis was barely averted thanks to our heroic Gun Car Robot's brave scouting/sacrifice (Rest in peace). After a lengthy firefight slash cross country road trip we ended up re-capturing and holding Fort Teutoburg from the dastardly party crashers.

To kick off our adventures in the tropical wonderland of Tanoa the 19 of us went and blew up a bunch of folks' shit and wandered off. Shado really needs to fly higher above the ground, the madman. The end of our adventures on Tanoa was in the form of an extended logistics-heavy jungle clusterfuck. It was great.

Runlist: Remember that on some weeks, an hour before the main sunday session there is the Arma workshops. Hosted by our very own Audiox, there will be advice on how to become a better future combat person. Learn what "Contact close" and "Single file into oblivion" means (probably).

Remember to check out our lovely audio-visual information registry over at this here place!

Quotes of the session:
"Requesting CAS directly on A1's location"
"WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUU--" OneRaven, after being violently ejected from TH1 without a parachute
"How is our minigun ammo?" Extended salvo "That answers that"

boberro

Re: [Tue] 20 Sep 2016 (Bravo barbeque)

Post by boberro »

It was fabulous.

Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Ciaran

Re: [Tue] 20 Sep 2016 (Bravo barbeque)

Post by Ciaran »

First of all I would like to pay my respects to the heroic 'Gun Car Robot'. His sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Close Encounters
Started as UGV driver, where Lexer and I supported the infantry push through the first 2 intel locations. Unfortunately, the UGV is quite vulnerable to small arms fire and so while approaching the Syndikat base we were disabled, then later destroyed.
We then reslotted as UAV, but due to a shipping error, we ended up with an attack helicopter instead. CAS was indeed provided directly on A1's position, who had all been downed and needed putting out of their misery, though I think there might've been survivors? Several technicals later, the machine that goes ping was damaged by ground fire and the wild engineer (who had reportedly been coaxed out of the jungle with Doritos) was unable to fix it. Luckily, the shipping error had left us with a second helicopter to get in, which had conveniently been shipped directly to the AO.
During this mission I learned that the Blackfoot apparently doesn't actually need a main rotor to fly (or maybe Arma was just lying to me about it being critically damaged), and that flying an attack helo with an old joystick that doesn't centre properly for half an hour is reasonably tiring.

Overrun
I am Bluking