[Tue] 01 Nov 2016 (Variable Success)

How we died (in the future)
Costno
Host

[Tue] 01 Nov 2016 (Variable Success)

Post by Costno »

21 brave comrades came out today, and just kept asking for missions!

Some missions went too smoothly, some missions had a lot of quick deaths, and some ended after long crawls through jungles, across beaches, and over bridges.

Runlist: Afterparty:
  • Realistic Mission
  • Infection
  • Jungle Boogie
  • Helicopters

DirtyHarry

Re: [Tue] 01 Nov 2016 (Variable Success)

Post by DirtyHarry »

:dance: :dance: :dance: Special thank you to Amadeus for consistently stepping up and taking SL/CO positions. :dance: :dance: :dance:
This was definitely my favorite session to date. Thanks to all who attended.

Mission:Octagoners
Role: FTL
TL;DR: Bum rush; Victory

So I think Amadeus led us the first time around and we got bogged down on the first hill as csat. Now, however, was payback time.

From the get go we wanted the center bunker as its easily defendable. The best course of action seemed to be to take it before the enemy could.

My team A1, reached the complex and moved in like a well-trained swat team. It was beautiful. Thorontur and myself advanced in and cleared the center before moving off and taking the bunkers on the far side overlooking the enemy approach. They died. GG.

Mission:Psycho Siaoko
TL;DR: Prepare for death; That was easy

This was quite nice. My team advanced like sneaky, sneaky snakes through the trees and held position. Thanks to the discipline of some of the more veteran players we didn't open fire until the enemy were breathing on us.
Pew! pew, pew!
Moving in we began to move around the perimeter of the village killing everything in sight. We (the whole squad) did it with such efficiency that the mission was deemed success before reinforcements could arrive.

Mission:Communication Breakdown
TL;DR: Walk in the park; Ded

Briefly, this mission started so well. We were moving as a unit, taking cover, scanning horizons, killing bad guys. You know, kickin' ass and fucking shit up.
It was only later when bravo stirred the hornets nest that things really went to shit. On reflection I shouldnt have changed pace or approach. We were golden.
In a do or die attempt to save Bravo we got ourselves killed. A real shame but alas a small detail in an otherwise great mission. :commissar:

Mission:Bees
TL;DR: Are we there yet?; we dun it m8

Again, fairly solid performance from my little Fireteam. Lexxer was on hand as Nurse Betty which was handy.

We were hot inserted by a little compound east of the AO. It was a difficult position to advance from; The enemy were crawling all over the place. Every time we moved in one direction the enemy were on us. The only option was to hunker down and let them come to us. Once a sufficient number of enemies were killed were we able to move in and destroy the tank.
My team at this point decided they were done with me and my antics and jumped in a car before fucking off home leaving me, behind, in a truck.

MadDog lived up to his name and took us on a coastal path and barrel-rolled the truck at least a couple times I'm sure.

Mission complete.
Professional Try-hard.

boberro

Post by boberro »

Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Teifiterror
Host

Post by Teifiterror »

As a sniper team we decided we liked the spot and didn't want to risk a civilian giving it away :)