[Tue] 15 Nov 2016 (Baby's first)

How we died (in the future)
GeEom
Host

[Tue] 15 Nov 2016 (Baby's first)

Post by GeEom »

As many as 17 brave souls partook in tonight's merriment.

In a stern, respectable sense,
The runlist:
13 [Co-op]  Rebel Alliance 6        SuicideKing   Victory
17 [Adv]   Delivery Denied        Shado v GeEom  Shado Victory
14 [Co-op]  Communication Breakdown GeEom     Victory
12 [Co-op]  Vive la agraria        GeEom     Defeat
11 [Adv]   See no evil         Ciaran v GeEom Ciaran Victory
 9 [Co-op]  HSLD             GeEom     Defeat

In increasing chaos and delirium,
The afterparty:
 9 [Adv]   Drilling problem
 8 [Adv]   Toystore
 8 [Co-op]  HSLD III
 8 [Adv]   Trench runners
 7 [Race]    Powerlines

Shado commanded! But he did not talk.

Costno
Host

Re: [Tue] 15 Nov 2016 (Baby's first)

Post by Costno »

GeEom wrote:17 [Adv]   Delivery Denied        ShadoCostno v GeEom  ShadoCostno Victory
Shado's leadership that mission was "Go to this hill. Costno will figure it out."

Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Costno wrote:
GeEom wrote:17 [Adv]   Delivery Denied        ShadoCostno v GeEom  ShadoCostno Victory
Shado's leadership that mission was "Go to this hill. Costno will figure it out."
The important part is that GeEom lost :D

Delivery Denied - CSAT
I spent the majority of this mission hiding on a hill, stuck with a squad of FIA to my East, and GLs landing all around me. As usual with CSAT ARs lugging a Zafir around, I was almost overloaded, which didn't help my situation stuck on a steep hill with barely any hard cover. Eventually I resorted to dropping a lot of my gear - 2 spare 7.62 boxes, my pistol, my helmet, and even my watch and compass.
After sitting being plinked at for a few minutes, I eventually spotted the last NATO unit, who had flanked around the CSAT guys in the compound and climbed onto a factory roof. Unable to deploy my bipod due to the steep hill, the obvious course of action was to unload an entire box in his general direction, and, sure enough, he was downed.

See no evil - Syndikat
I 'commanded' this mission (command is a very strong word), which I'm pretty sure is the first time I've CO'd an actual mission. The incredibly complex plan is pictured below.
At one point we were driving through one of the sugar cane fields, when I jokingly said "What if they're in here and we run them over?", to which Netkev replied by making a noise like someone being run over. When the mission was over (thanks to GeEom being shot out of his helicopter), it turned out that we did indeed manage to run over the survivors who were indeed hiding in the field all of the survivors died in the helicopter crash.

HSLD
The 9 remaining folks struggled against high skill AI. Needless to say bad things happened, mainly because GLs take too long to reload, especially when a squad of FIA has you surrounded.

Trench Runners - CSAT
The Folk ARPS patch is very easy to see in the pitch black, as NATO quickly found out.

Boarnoah

Post by Boarnoah »

So you are saying Shado has a 100% winrate as CO then? :coolbert:

Rebel Alliance 6
A2 AR
That's twice this week where Reppyboyo died first when we are in a fireteam together :P . Our suppressive fire work on the Roadblock was a wee bit ineffective (using fixed holosights with the lmg is no good :eng101: ), the push upto the hill went flawlessley however (except of course for Reppy dying).

DirtyHarry

Post by DirtyHarry »

Mission:Communication Breakdown
Role: A2 FTL
TL;DR: Rim insersion; ded.

Really enjoyed this mission (probably my favorite mission). I was FTL and throughout this mission the guys were really just doing a great job of staying alive whilst killing enemies.

The mission revolves around taking down communitacion towers. The first tower was by a volcano.
We inserted in the center <insert fancy word for center of volcano later>. It seemed like a death trap at first but I came to think of it as a massive fox hole. Sure enough we and near immediate contact of which we disptached of very easily. It was was great to see the arma physics in action as the bodies ragdolled down the slopes.

We peak the crest and took out the first tower. "please dont touch off we are not clear". BOOOOOM! :colbert:
Suffering minor injuries from a large explosion we boarded choppers in reverse order. A2 to TH1 and A1 to TH2...I don't know why and it confused the shit out of everyone. :commissar:

We arrived at our next location and began the task of clearing out the town. My team were able to sucessfully use bounding manouvers to great effect. As my elemnt advanced past the other I was faced with around 4 bad dudes down an alleyway. I was sure I had killed them all alas another one shot me through some shrubbery (!!!!).

Good times all round and in death I was able to snap away and get some nice shots.

Loading up
Dum dum de de dum dum
Overlooking center of volcano
Clearning town
Running into the fray
Costno and Lexxer taking elevated positions
Explosives placed. Evac!
Mission complete!
Professional Try-hard.

shado

Post by shado »

What a beautiful place to die. Isn't it, Zitron?

Someone should tell GeEom that that's probably not healthy:

This totally didn't happen:

...and neither did that: