[Tue] 22 Nov 2016 (Failure Avoidance)

How we died (in the future)
darkChozo
Host

[Tue] 22 Nov 2016 (Failure Avoidance)

Post by darkChozo »

Up to 17 of you joined us for some Tuesday shoottimes. I flew a helicopter and didn't even crash. It was fun.

Runlist:
  • Power Struggle
  • Roadhouse Rendezvous
  • Assault on Georgetown
  • High Speed Low Drag Classic Flavor
    :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
  • Drilling Problems
  • HELICOPTERS (guns n' rockets)
  • Powerlines v2

DirtyHarry

Re: [Tue] 22 Nov 2016 (Failure Avoidance)

Post by DirtyHarry »

Mission:Assault on Georgetown
Role: CO (ASL)
TL;DR: Lets go this way!; Can't go that way!

My first Mission as CO. It went badly. I said "hooah" and cried myself to sleep later that night.

2 Objectives: Clear an FOB and radio tower.
Going into this I had 2 fire teams and a technical. Initially my idea was to take the FOB first as I figured it to be more heavily defended and if we incurred casualties we would still be in a good place to take out the radio tower.

I had lexer as JTAC so if he had line-of-sight then we could all in auxiliary. Unfortunately the sharp terrain and high rise buildings meant that this could be used with limited effect as vision was obscured.

Looking at the map I split the teams up so that one team could focus on object whilst the other security. However, I miss judged the distances and each team was sperated by about 200m unable to support each other.

A1 Got into difficulty and found that they couldn't reach FOB and instead pursued the radio tower mean while A2 and the technical got chewed to shit.

Eventually I and lexer managed to regroup with a number of downed comrades and were able to clear the FOB. Onwards to the radio tower we took an alternative flank around the back but it was still every heavily defended and I died. The rest shorty after.

Learning outcomes: This is quite a difficult mission to plan from briefing stage as certain areas are blocked off. I would next time bring the 2 fire teams closer together and attempt to go for high ground as to use the artillery to greater effect. The technical is useful to a certain extent. I think once we enter urban combat it should be disembarked as its too exposed.

Mission:High Speed Low Drag Classic Flavor
Role: CO (ASL)
TL;DR: In; Out

2nd Time CO. Objective done, No casualties.

Well done to RedPaddy for stepping on and taking FTL role :suicide:

This. Was. Awesome. Real operator stuff here.

The objective was to kill retire some CSAT officers in the town. They are placed somewhat north and south of a town.

I hate urban combat unless you are able to do a full clean sweap one end to the other. I didn't feel this was necessary. Instead we landed adjacent to the town. A1 was objective, A2 security. When we killed retired the officer we got out and assessed the situation.

Regrouped outside of town; we moved further south until we were adjacent to the second objective. This time A2 were objective and A1 security.
Shortly after breaching in we were informed of success. The little birds came down and promptly dusted off with whole team loaded.

Nice, nice.

Learning outcomes: I actually got shot and had to be revived. CO could have an amazing view sitting in a little bird.

Dusting off: Smoke grenades used with great effect.
Professional Try-hard.

Ciaran

Re: [Tue] 22 Nov 2016 (Failure Avoidance)

Post by Ciaran »

HSLD: Classic Flavour
I still can't believe we took no casualties, especially considering SK's two attempts to murder me :D