[Tue] 13 Dec 2016 (Tuesday Legion)

How we died (in the future)
GeEom
Host

[Tue] 13 Dec 2016 (Tuesday Legion)

Post by GeEom »

A colossal One Hundred Thousand (24) cunning boot pairs joined tonight's debauchery.

The runlist:
23 [Co-op]  Rebel Alliance 6          Costno             Victory
24 [Co-op]  Edna                Mabbot            Victory
22 [Adv]   Inter IV               [BWC]Jarvis v Ferrard Carson   Ferrard Victory
22 [Co-op]  HSLD               GeEom             Victory
18 [Co-op]  Belfort or Bust          GeEom             Victory
15 [Co-op]  Communication Breakdown   GeEom             Victory

The party:
 6 [Adv]   Cloudline
 6 [Adv]   Jolly Green Hell
 3 [Race]    Powerlines

Rebel Alliance 6
Costno CO covers the objective with fire from Ferrard Carson's squad and GeEom's squad come in from behind to mop up. Very clean. Very quick. Medals all round!
Edna
Mabbot leads two mechanized squads and a handful of attachments into Edessa. Bravo infantry take heavy losses, but alpha soldier on, clearing house to house for victory.
Inter IV
Jarvis assaults an unnamed hamlet in the north west held by Ferrard and his merry men. Strumpie gets lots of kills, Ferrard EMBODIES DEATH.
HSLD
Three fireteams allow a team on each objective cluster and Zitron handling security, a rapid in and out with perfect flying from even our newest pilots!
Belfort or Bust
A very fun mission. Nothing much of note happened. Probably went seamlessly, probably due to competency of command.

Any thoughts, tales, media, criticisms et cetera are Extremely welcome.
Thank you all for joining me!

darkChozo
Host

Re: [Tue] 13 Dec 2016 (Joke Pun Name)

Post by darkChozo »

How many squads are there in a hundred thousand-strong platoon?

goat

Post by goat »

darkarchon

Post by darkarchon »

My first FA OPS.

Edna was pretty intense. Being in Bravo and one of the few actual survivors, we took a lot of casualties on that hill north of Edessa. 2/10 Would not recommend going there again.

Being one of the few that witnessed the death of my friends and enemies alike I was not eager to continue the fight. So I dropped my gun. But as I saw it was futile and I still got shot I frantically tried to pick it up again, and failed since it was jammed under a rock. Such is life in ArmA3.

SuicideKing
Host

Re: [Tue] 13 Dec 2016 (Tuesday Legion)

Post by SuicideKing »

Good to see new folks and returning-new-folks! And good to see Tuesday sessions back up to 20+, the fields of the Dacha were getting lonely since the "Summer Exodus" (yeah i made that term up).

Had fun being medic in Edna, but Comrade CO Mabbott died in front of my very eyes :cry:

Ferrard was too stronk for attackers in Inter IV. Our leader avenged us.

GeEom's session run list is detailed as usual, bring out the beer :hist101:
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

Pepsi

Post by Pepsi »

Rebel Alliance 6
Got a nice start in the session being a relatively succesfull machinegunner. Got a nice overwatch on the compound so got a few good kills.
While the rest of the fireteam moved up I stayed on the mountain. When I evntually came down, the mission was won.

Edna
Never felt more useless as the spotter of the MAT element in a mission without enemy armor. It was probably for the better, becasue I was the first casaulty (note to self: find cover while using the rangefinder). Was a miracle alpha pulled it of.

Inter IV

The guerilla tactic of Ferrard was a great succes. Hiding in the woods is always fun. Unfortunatly two enemy guys passed us unnoticed and killed the fireteam lead. Good thing was that the guys who killed him came back around. Got a few shots of and killed at least two of them.

HSLD
A easy ride, not much happend. I was in the security team, but more then a few shots at an incoming jeep did not happen. Got back in the helo and left the place unharmed. I think the only casaulties here where from friendly fire, which plays a part in the next mission.

Belfort or Bust
What should I say, we had a great plan. We started by jumping a enemy patrol and taking there stuff. After this relative easy task we headed up to the FOB. I never heard the word "friendly fire" more. I heard someone ask the question if they could go outside the gates and pick up some stuff. A few moments later we got out and saw "enemy's". Everybody started shooting, killing the friendly comrads.
After this "incident" we headed up to the town. Driving confident on the road. We even put up a smokescreen. After driving trough we got greeted with great firepower. Altough I didn't realise it where enemy troops... Got out of the jeep (while the rest of my team got murderd aleady). I didn't want to make any new friendly casualties so I didn't shoot an got in a stare down with the enemy.... Enemy realised it before me and shot me troug the head a few times. A good end to a good mission. Again a miracle it got pulled of in the end by the surviving troops.

Thanks for hosting GeEom! See you all on sunday or Tuesday!

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Rebel Alliance 6
Deployed as Bravo Squad Leader
After a fair bit of cross-country driving, we arrived at our dismount marker. Quickly ascending our target hill, Bravo split our attention, with Bravo 2 and its oversized machine-gun element raining fire down into the target compound while Bravo 1 cleared a nearby building to cover the squad's left flank. I landed a grenade through the doorway of a building, Alpha advanced into the compound downslope of us, we shifted fires, and the enemy compound was clear. Textbook.

Edna
Deployed as Alpha Vehicle Commander
After a little bit of friction at the start, I set about basically repeating two previous runs of Edna that I've successfully seen through before. We headed north through the usual saddle, dropped off Alpha a questionably short distance away from enemy occupied buildings (what is this, Wargame?), then rapidly scuttled backwards to stop drawing grenade and RPG fire onto the crunchies. Reapproaching the valley from its northern slope, we nestled in behind choice hillocks, Lexar using liberal quantities of HE shells to obliterate anything that looked remotely threatening to us.

After knocking out the same AT emplacement three times, the enemy finally figured out that it was a closely-watched deathtrap, and we could relax. What followed was an extended period of jockeying around the northern slope of the valley. We spent the time going relatively hull-down behind hill crests, with Lexar machine-gunning anything that wore CSAT camo and me scanning intently for anything that could remotely threaten us. As Alpha looped around north, bounding from structure to structure, our machine-gun chattered away and we swung out even wider than them, using our mobility to open new angles on the enemy faster than the AI could adapt. By the time the mission ended, we had ensconced ourselves in a commanding position atop a hill overlooking the town from the exact opposite side of where we had entered the AO.

Inter IV
Deployed as DefendFor Tribal Leader
Seeing an AO with relatively few defensible buildings, lots of ways for the enemy to get concealed firing positions on them, and lots of concealment and defilade to hide within, I dispersed my defenders into four different ambush points in bush-filled ravines. Our goal: either ambush the attackers at point-blank range when they stumbled into their ravines, or strike the attackers from behind when they moved to clear the buildings. I commanded everything and dedicated myself as a distraction force from the two-story building in the center of town.

Turns out, that two-story building has great lines of sight on the north of the hamlet. When the northwestern staging point was taken under fire by enemies to their north, I was able to snipe out one and support the surviving member of that buddy pair during his maneuvers. Then the southern staging point was overrun, and I ducked down to the first floor. The survivor from the north was able to spot an entire fireteam clustered around the building to the south, and I sent another buddy pair to loop around and catch the southern guys in the back.

The flanking team wasn't necessary though: I caught two enemies completely off guard as they stacked up on the wall, shot a third on the opposite corner, and the grenade I threw for good measure apparently filled someone's face with shrapnel. In the midst of single-handedly wiping out the southern attacking fireteam, the lone survivor of the northern attack force breached into my house. Ironically, the grenades he tossed in to kill me only rattled me as I was in the stairwell at the time, and they alerted me to his imminent breach - he came around the bottom of the stairwell and I emptied half-a-magazine into his chest.

Victory - 6 kills! And then the last attacker Kaizo Mario'd me at the end while I was victory-firing, but that still goes in the record books in my favor!

HSLD
Deployed as Alpha 1 Fire Team Leader
Not terribly much to say about this one - AJAX dropped us in, we swept in the houses and cleared them fairly methodically - the fireteam worked as buddy pairs to clear our sector and we killed the one CSAT dude in our buildings, then left just in time for AJAX to come in and pick us up. In and out, smooth as butter, losing one dude to a guy huddled around his machine-gun in a corner.

Belfort or Bust
Deployed as Bravo 2 Autorifleman
With limited ammo, I set out with the rest of my fireteam. We assaulted an TAF FOB. Whilst my comrades worshipped crates, I followed behind them and snatched up all the spare 5.8mm mags I could for my trusty CAR-95-1 LSW. When we approached the enemy-occupied town, however, everything went to shit. Basically all the occupants of one of those off-road buggies with no armor got shot before they could disembark, the Strider I was in crashed and we bailed into the middle of an enemy squad, and when the dust cleared, there was me, my fellow B2 Autorifleman, and the CO left. We all had machine-guns, so that was in our favor.

Our CO bit it as we entered the last block though, and one mad dash for vehicles later, I helmed a Strider through the water in a desperate attempt to reach safety. A Littlebird strafed us multiple times, and I cursed my decision to grab an unarmed Strider instead of the Gorgon that we could have used to swat the helicopter out of the sky, but in the end he must've been Winchester, because me and my fireteam battle buddy actually made it out alive!

:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."