[Sun] 15 Jan 2017 (Headshot)

How we died (in the future)
Freyja
Host

[Sun] 15 Jan 2017 (Headshot)

Post by Freyja »

It was nice to see the 26 of you that joined us for our bi-weekly romp into the jungle/mountains of ARMA. I would like to doubly thank the people that kept the chain of command intact in situations of rather intense turmoil, your actions turned guaranteed defeat into a defeat that we can all be proud of.

Let it be known that Bravo bravely heading off in the opposite direction of the objective in Close Encounter was not only a brilliant move of subterfuge, but that we also managed to clear a town of 2 hostile riflemen, losing only one man in the process. And to Vehicle and Attack Helicopter commanders: Remember that patience and methodical movement is key to success, and that COs orders are usually good to follow, as they often have a better view of the battlefield.

Runlist: Remember to check out our lovely audio-visual information registry over at this here place!

shado

Re: [Sun] 15 Jan 2017 (Headshot)

Post by shado »

Freyja
Host

Post by Freyja »

How in the world did you manage to flip the IFV.

Also I feel like a dinosaur should pop out, scare chords and everything in https://i.imgur.com/sMUVnMa.jpg

Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Reductio ad Regina
Netkev wrote:Attack Helicopter commanders: Remember that patience and methodical movement is key to success, and that COs orders are usually good to follow
CO died so GeEom took the initiative.
It was out of our control though, the rocket was usual Arma AI bullshit - it was fired the second we came into vision (because what is lock on time?) and although GeEom reacted with flares extremely quickly it obviously wasn't enough time for the few hundred metres the rocket had to travel.
Not that it really excuses the decision to peek into the town, but you get my point.

Briefing from that mission:
Netkev wrote:How in the world did you manage to flip the IFV.
:enginelimitations: I decided that speed = success and we had so much speed that I figured we were too big to fail. Then I got into a bit of a tank slapper and crashed the IFV into a tree. I tried to turn us around to pull us back onto the road, at which point the magical turning torque fired us into the nearest tree, putting us upside down. The IFV was then moved, hoping it would right itself. When it didn't, Costno spawned us a new IFV that most definitely did not have thermals.

stonie

Post by stonie »

Presession
featuring a vtol a crash and that's it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0dPFsTVMOg

Reductio ad Regina
We did good on the reduction of our units. That's been the goal hasn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOi9Lhl3lf8
My Folk ARPS visual archive:
2017|2018|2019|2020|2021