[Sun] 17 September 2017 (Who Turned the Power Back On?)

How we died (in the future)
SuicideKing
Host

[Sun] 17 September 2017 (Who Turned the Power Back On?)

Post by SuicideKing »

27 comrades came along to liaison their way into a missile.

Run-list:
Please leave any feedback for mission makers using the the feedback threads linked above, and tell us how much fun (or not-fun) you had below.

Mission makers, leadership elements and everyone else who's interested in how the missions played out is encouraged to check out http://server.folkarps.com/r3/ for a 2D recording and playback of each mission.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

Freyja
Host

Re: [Sun] 17 September 2017 (Who Turned the Power Back On?)

Post by Freyja »

THE AA MISSILES WERE AN INSIDE JOB

Pickers

Post by Pickers »

Keep What You Steal - finding vehicles and asking the question "is that unlocked?" made for an interesting dynamic, that opened up some options for more interesting game play.

Me: "Is that a jetski?"
FTL: "CO we've found jetskis - can we use them to attack?"
CO: "Yes"
Me: :dance:

RLM 6 - 6 minutes of being sat down 10 meters away from the helo twiddling thumbs (waiting for the SAM to be disabled) - followed by being airborne for less than 2 minutes at which point we're slapped out the sky by a SAM.

:psyboom:

Personally, I'd suggest having the helo team based out a lot further south, as hopefully rather than waiting for the boat team to take out the SAM it'll encourage loading up the helos straight away and getting them airborne and on route to the LZ straight away (with an appropriate hold position in case the SAM isn't taken out by the time the helos get 'near' the LZ) that way you've got a bit tension of building for both the boat team having to work to a timeline to disable the SAM and the helo team is flying into a LZ (instead of being sat around, twiddling thumbs, 10 meters away from the helo).

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Sword and Shield
Apologies from Zeus (me) to the Tank Crew composed of Madrak, darkChozo and someone else. The last I tried hitting tanks with 155mm shells, they barely took any damage from direct hits, so i wasn't expecting anything to happen to y'all from indirect hits. And well, you bailed just as another shell was coming down, which i think killed the third person in your team - i couldn't drag it away fast enough. Lessons learned for next time. Really wish the last person could have had fun in the GMG strider too.

Another test of arty vs tanks it does indeed seem that they're unaffected. Additionally, consultation with R3 shows that Fox 3 died to a tank cannon. It seems I have been absolved of my self-alleged sins. :dance:

RLM-6
Personally, I'd suggest having the helo team based out a lot further south, as hopefully rather than waiting for the boat team to take out the SAM it'll encourage loading up the helos straight away and getting them airborne and on route to the LZ straight away (with an appropriate hold position in case the SAM isn't taken out by the time the helos get 'near' the LZ) that way you've got a bit tension of building for both the boat team having to work to a timeline to disable the SAM and the helo team is flying into a LZ (instead of being sat around, twiddling thumbs, 10 meters away from the helo).
This sounds like something that could be done. Maybe could ask the helos to fly low, too, so that they get masked by terrain. Although Teifi would have to find a suitable spawn point, don't think there's another airstrip on Malden.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

crustycuffs

Post by crustycuffs »

Great fun, not flown a tank before. Ran some AI AT over. 10/10.
Also props to Netkev and Pooters for not raging at my driving ability, and showing me where the mini-map is.
Also also, we must have been good as our tank (best tank) survived until the end

On the second mission -

First up, war sandals. The enemy must fear us

Then I present The Vineyard of Death -