[Sun] 6 May 2018 (Flying Blindfish)

How we died (in the future)
Teifiterror
Host

[Sun] 6 May 2018 (Flying Blindfish)

Post by Teifiterror »

A number of people, probably 19, showed up today for an evening of success, and failure.

Tonight we engaged in a smoothly executed low casualties operation; carried out seperate ops with a joint evac under falcon cover; died salty; decided driverless was the most tactical option and drove into an enemy checkpoint without tank support.

Those things happened in:
  • RLM Part 3 [Co-op]
  • Operation Bluesword [Co-op]
  • Riggers [Co-op Zeus]
  • Bears [Co-op Zeus]
  • Kaiju [Co-op Zeus]
Remember to check out, promote, and contribute to the Party YouTube channel using this elegant and finely-crafted link.

You can review the missions we played tonight to improve your combat effectiveness score, using our R3 Mission Replay System. Remember, the Party is always watching! And so are your friends. From the grave. Where you put them. You monster.

If you would like to get some help with becoming an excellent leader :commissar: why not check out the Leadership Programme? This will let you get direct access to a host who will be happy* to guide you through commanding a mission, especially if you have a cruel and devious plan.

You may have noticed that some people have FA flags all over them. You may have thought "wow, what a cool guy! I want to be like them when I grow up!" Well, there's no need to grow up just yet. Instead, click on this link here and you too can have an FA flag of your own.

But wait, there's more! For a limited (probably) time only, you can have a Real FA Flag Patch as well! Click on this other link to learn how you can contribute to the FA server fund, as well as the UNHCR (a super worthy cause), and become extra stylish at the same time!

NikkoJT
Host

Re: [Sun] 6 May 2018 (Flying Blindfish)

Post by NikkoJT »

RLM Part 3 (ASL)
Even though some of us didn't recognise all the fish species used as waypoint names, we made it through this quite smoothly, only suffering losses at the end. I take full credit.

Operation Bluesword (CTRG Team 2 leader)
Some very good Prowler driving got us within shooting distance of the enemy, whereupon we very tactically shot them. Then, they shot us, but it wasn't as tactical because they weren't Operators. Then our Falcon UAV shot the enemy, and that was about that.

Apparently Delta was also involved.

Riggers (CO)
This was very confusing, but I'm not sure if that was just us being not very good. It probably was. Our artillery, which was supposed to provide covering fire, died immediately - but we bravely advanced anyway. Then we discovered that we really needed that covering fire, and retreated. Also bravely.

Bears (Fox 1 Gunner)
We started suffering almost immediately in this one, with a tank losing its driver to technical difficulties. Then Fox 1 also lost its driver (to the enemy this time), but we persevered, up until the point where one of our tanks shot down the CO's helicopter. At that point, we just bum rushed the enemy until we got blindsided by a platoon of Slammers.

On a side note, if you have a flight stick I highly recommend setting it up to also work as a tank gunner controller. It's a little tricky to get used to, but it makes it so much cooler to be a gunner.

Kaiju (Echo 1 driver)
Under the able direction of new CO Lunos, we advanced across Tanoa. Some smooth cooperation from the Rhinos got us...some of the way, but then we advanced slightly too bravely and found ourselves in the middle of a series of explosions.
FA missions & session host. Tank appreciater.

Teifiterror
Host

Post by Teifiterror »

RLM - Part 3

A2 flew in and dealt a swift blow to the RLM forces at the first compound, on landing at the second compund Alex bravely volunteered to stay behind on the helicopter and observe from behind the front line (technical difficulties) but our brave fire team continued onwards and secured the objective.

Operation Bluesword

Delta carried out their objective and resuced 4 hostage from numerous armed hostiles, only losing brave comrade Costno during a breach and clear of an enemy stronghold. Delta carried out their task stealthily and without fear using our silenced weapons to great effect. No idea what CTRG were up to but they made a lot of noise, took ages to turn the power off and when we met up they appears to have tried to breed IFVs to create a super IFV.

Riggers

No idea what happenned, my funner in Tank 2 shot at some tanks, but the NyX were too sprightly and evaded our long range shells as they rained down AT missiles on us.

Oyst

Post by Oyst »

Bears (Fox3 Commander)
So loosing our driver made my (inexperienced) tank commanding more interesting. I guess it gave me some more..err..experience. Driving and commanding required some deft hot-seating to ensure the eager AI driver didn't get their own way.

Kaiju (CO Jeep driver)
Being tasked with driving our new CO around in his Jeep, my main concern was to keep him out of trouble. So yes, driving without support into an enemy occupied checkpoint wasn't my finest hour! To be honest, I was trying to avoid the attacking IFV that appeared from nowhere behind us. Credit due to Echo 1's ambush position, although I total missed them :oops: