[Sun] 01 July 2018 (Mortars in the Dark)

How we died (in the future)
Freyja
Host

[Sun] 01 July 2018 (Mortars in the Dark)

Post by Freyja »

Thank you's to the 17 people that decided to play Arma instead of watching Denmark play the Foot To Ball this night.

The run of Lost Sector: Frini North made really short work of the enemy assets with minimal casualties and without any major engagements, I am not sure if we were blessed or if the enemy just put their objectives in a bad position, but I suppose I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Oh, and I am being told that apparently the AI are really freaking good at using AAA vehicles as of the sensor update. Sorry, Alpha 1!

Runlist: Remember to check out our lovely audio-visual information registry over at this here place!

As well as that there is of course our good friend The R3 Mission Replay Sysetm, which knows if you've been bad or if you've been nice. The recordings themselves are really freaking neat-o and demonstrate just how easy it is not to see someone behind bushes.

There is also the everlasting Leadership Programme which is your way in for trying out commanding a mission in a pre-planned way. If you think you have what it takes to lead us to victory, but would like a bit more time to plan, as well as the ability to ask people for advice, This is it.

And if you want to be recognizably folk-y and have the little tractor on your shoulder or on the side of your tank then you can sign up on the squad tag whotsit today! It's totally free! Probably!

Speaking of tractors on your shoulder, get a tractor on your real life human shoulder today! Only at the Folk ARPS Patch for Your Human Meat Store, available now in the default colour and a tacticool The Default Colour A Second Time. Get yours while stock lasts, half the money gathered will go to the server maintenance, and the other half will go to the UNHCR (who are just, supremely fantastic people).

NikkoJT
Host

Re: [Sun] 01 June 2018 (Mortars in the Dark)

Post by NikkoJT »

Lost Sector: Frini North (Alpha Medic)
Honestly, a fairly uneventful mission. There was a scary moment when two guys popped up in the middle of our force, but I don't think anyone else even noticed. For the most part, we avoided serious contact.

Operation Blender (Fake Zeus)
I spent most of my time running around avoiding hitting anyone (except Costno, who I shot in the neck with a .50 sniper rifle), and marvelling at the infantry's general inability to tell when a laser pointer is being pointed directly at them. There were also some mortars, which were unusually well-received for being, well, mortars.

The Basilisk Part II (Juliet AR)
Slightly spooky, very lethal. No spicy stories here because it was over fairly quickly for me, except for GeEom constantly talking in side instead of group. Naughty GeEom!

From Russia With Love I (CO)
Here lies Alpha 1 and AH1. They will be missed (but not by the enemy AAA).
FA missions & session host. Tank appreciater.