[Thu] 04 June 2020 (One Evening Out of Retirement)

How we died (in the future)
audiox
Host

[Thu] 04 June 2020 (One Evening Out of Retirement)

Post by audiox »

A dashing 19 comrades found it worth their while to do the "FA does smawl arms things"-do this evening. Which was pretty rad.

I haven't been around much lately, and have to say that it seemed to be flowing rather smoothly. I wasn't even close to being annoyed at anything for the course of the evening, which is in my world a massive success. So thanks for the games and the bantzzzzzz, and all the things.

We played (and they were made by):
  • Lost Sector : La Trinite North (NikkoJT)
  • Red Tigers Part 1 (Costno)
  • Asphalt (Costno)
  • Second Hand Tigers (Costno)
  • The Crucible (NikkoJT)
  • Minecraft (NikkoJT)
  • The Floor Is Lava (Shado')
  • HELICOPTERS (darkChozo)
All players, and especially team leaders, are reminded that a new set of informational channels have been added to our Discord in the TTP_FA channel group. Read and learn, comrades.

Remember to check out, promote, and contribute to the Party YouTube channel using this elegant and finely-crafted link.

You can review the missions we played tonight to improve your combat effectiveness score, using our R3 Mission Replay System. Remember, the Party is always watching! And so are your friends. From the grave. Where you put them. You monster.

If you would like to get some help with becoming an excellent leader :commissar: why not check out the Leadership Programme? This will let you get direct access to a host who will be happy* to guide you through commanding a mission, especially if you have a cruel and devious plan.

You may have noticed that some people have FA flags all over them. You may have thought "wow, what a cool guy! I want to be like them when I grow up!" Well, there's no need to grow up just yet. Instead, click on this link here and you too can have an FA flag of your own.

If you want a real FA flag all over your real body, click here to learn how to get a real FA t-shirt of your very own. Contributes to server operation as well as your Party status!

One last thing! If you would like to contribute to the server fund that allows FA to keep running sessions, you can PayPal your last grubby potato to server-fund@folkarps.com, or click here to use the Party's new and improved organ donation service.

audiox
Host

Re: [Thu] 04 June 2020 (One Evening Out of Retirement)

Post by audiox »

Host Thoughts :
So i like my Arma sessions on the general light infantry thing with a side of attachments. Not having done this for a while i played it pretty safe with some of Nikko's Lost Sector magic and some oldies from Costno i sort of knew would work and gave us some cool toys.

The Lost Sector mission seemed pretty smooth planning and progress wise from my MMG security detail vantage point, and sort of adhered to what i like at FA. A mission where the plan is short and to the point, we start with good organization, manage to show competency in fire and movement, get to play out one or two encounters and then land ourselves in an absolute clusterfuck of a compound where people die, then die some more. But not worse than that the remainders manage retain some sort of cohesion and bring us to victory.

Red Tigers I felt similar, though i was really scared about that initial firefight just as we entered the AoO. But you guys get the point, a couple of light engagements that we traverse with relative ease, and then the clusterfuck that was trying to breach the compound in town. For this mission as well people seemed on point and with a decent view to fireteam cohesion, so that was just nice to watch.

Asphalt went sort of sour, tbh. I guess the thing is that usually the AH1 element dies first and Zeus is placated and lets us win, but this time AH1 had the temerity to survive, so we were fucked. Anyway, i hope you all got some fun out of your tin cans before you were incinerated. These kind of missions are complicated, because comms and callouts are just so different from the all day everyday. The plan was sane, and doing movement and overwatch in tanks is a special kind of fun.

Second Hand Tigers is a favorite of mine. I like the terrain, maybe because its the least "jungle"-ey part of Tanoa, whilst still feeling like Tanoa. The mission itself has lots of pitfalls and traps that can fuck you up real good, but once again we did well with the first part of the plan, managed to gun through to the second, and even pulled off a victory. Also, getting to do the mortar thump is always fun.

Also, a 13 man The Crucible was the ultimate shit. We should start running that thing mid-session to get ultimate mayhem.

Anyway. Thanks for coming along. It was a night of good and fun Arma!

stonie

Re: [Thu] 04 June 2020 (One Evening Out of Retirement)

Post by stonie »

Overall very great session. It was awesome to see so many familiar names, some of which I haven't played with in years.

Lost Sector : La Trinite North
Especially nice intro in that mission, very atmospheric with all the tents and stuff. Good mission overall. I should definitely learn to check buildings correctly as the enemy AI downed me right after I deemed that building as 'clear'.
https://youtu.be/dJAtzhSZIiE

Red Tigers Part 1
We did really well at first, but that one house on the high ground really decimated us. Good mission though.
https://youtu.be/YuW9Um_B6ZQ

Asphalt
I was the driver in Fox 2 with GreyFox and SlothDemon watching everything through the small port of my driver's cabin. Unfortunately we transformed into a ball of fire, halfway through the mission.

The Crucible
Just madness. Liked it :-D
My Folk ARPS visual archive:
2017|2018|2019|2020|2021