[Thurs] 25 June 2020 (A Steamy Summer Session)

How we died (in the future)
Flying
Host

[Thurs] 25 June 2020 (A Steamy Summer Session)

Post by Flying »

A wonderful 13 comrades came for session today.

Today, on a warm-ish summer session, we spent ample time between the Almira salt flats and the jungles of Tanoa.
We also spent equal time between the states of life and death.

We hunted the AAF across a cloying fog.
And then we were hunted by CSAT in the crowded jungle.

After which, we tried to cross the bridge with the sun overhead, and were stopped in our tracks on the warm grass.
Then we closed out the night by heating up a wonderful bonfire using an Angara tank as our kindling.

Runlist:
  • Riggers (Co-op)
  • The Electric Eye (Co-op)
  • Bridge To Nowhere (Co-op)
  • Stand Alone (Co-op)
  • Salt Riders (Afterparty)
  • HELICOPTERS (Afterparty)
  • Shipping Problems (Afterparty)
  • The Crucible (Afterparty)
All players, and especially team leaders, are reminded that a new set of informational channels have been added to our Discord in the TTP_FA channel group. Read and learn, comrades.

Remember to check out, promote, and contribute to the Party YouTube channel using this elegant and finely-crafted link.

You can review the missions we played tonight to improve your combat effectiveness score, using our R3 Mission Replay System. Remember, the Party is always watching! And so are your friends. From the grave. Where you put them. You monster.

If you would like to get some help with becoming an excellent leader :commissar: why not check out the Leadership Programme? This will let you get direct access to a host who will be happy* to guide you through commanding a mission, especially if you have a cruel and devious plan.

You may have noticed that some people have FA flags all over them. You may have thought "wow, what a cool guy! I want to be like them when I grow up!" Well, there's no need to grow up just yet. Instead, click on this link here and you too can have an FA flag of your own.

If you want a real FA flag all over your real body, click here to learn how to get a real FA t-shirt of your very own. Contributes to server operation as well as your Party status!

One last thing! If you would like to contribute to the server fund that allows FA to keep running sessions, you can PayPal your last grubby potato to server-fund@folkarps.com, or click here to use the Party's new and improved organ donation service.

stonie

Re: [Thurs] 25 June 2020 (A Steamy Summer Session)

Post by stonie »

The Electric Eye (Co-op)
After the first start into the mission didn't go so well, with dead bodies falling from the sky, we initially did pretty well. We took the place called Saioko, and advanced further up the road. Long story short we got surrounded and crushed pretty badly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCmFHF-UBAY

Bridge To Nowhere (Co-op)
We also did fairly well in the beginning of this mission. We cleared a small compound, then advanced further. We lost a few men to some AI we couldn't find. We decided to go the long route at the beach. The beach was a nice stroll, the water was calm. We tried to close in to the bunker and.... failed miserably

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us4ZdK2jMYw

Stand Alone (Co-op)
This one was exceptionally short for me. I basically got hit by the first AI we encountered. At first it didn't even seem to be an enemy AI, though. However, a small fireteam made up of our bravest comrades successfully finished the mission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeD4e-ECzL8
My Folk ARPS visual archive:
2017|2018|2019|2020|2021