[Sun] 24th December 2023 (Ghosts of Christmas Past)

How we died (in the future)
Lord Palmzia
Host

[Sun] 24th December 2023 (Ghosts of Christmas Past)

Post by Lord Palmzia »

A jolly group of 11 of Santa's finest elfs were summoned tonight for some festive spec-ops missions from the past!

First up tonight we had our wintery classic rebel hunt in the snow! aside from half of A1 being shot up by a .50 cal in the first engagement, the rest of the mission went pretty smoothly thanks to an eagle-eyed CO and a resourceful LSV crew!

Our second mission had us hinting for some stolen Christmas presents of the forgotten islands of Tanoa! Despite the lack of GPS and clear comms, our clearing operations went well, though reinforcements arrived just too late to stop the mission from ending due to command thinking we were retreating. I know! Preposterous! Also what medic? We didn't bring a medic. He definitely didn't get shot by us begging for his life...

Next up, we raided a small village containing some guerilla rebels who refused to cooperate with our glorious regime! But, it was a trap! After quickly dispatching the lightly armed insurgents, we were set upon by CTRG special forces who really gave us a run for our money! It was close, but thanks to a quick digging-in, we managed to just barely hold the line and come out on top!

Our next blast from the past brought us to that famous mission where we all died! And then we all died!

Our final mission had us trying to sneak up on an outpost to assassinate some CSAT advisors, but despite a relatively successful insertion, the enemy's gorgon proved to be just too much for us, wiping the last of us out just shy of the compound.

Thanks to all our participants for another wonderful year! The YIR is nearly complete, and I look forward to creating many new memories with you all in the new year!

Runlist:
  • A Cold Day XS[Co-op]
  • Lost Isles[Co-op]
  • Psycho Saioko[Co-op]
  • Winter Invasion[Co-op]
  • Uneasy Partners[Co-op]
Want to find out exactly who shot you in the face with a burst of 6.5mm machine gun ammo despite knowing friendlies were approaching from that direction? I know it was you Hundenal! Look no further than our very own Ocap Replay System! It also comes with a companion mod!

Remember to check out, promote, and contribute to the Party YouTube channel using this elegant and finely-crafted link.

If you would like to get some help with becoming an excellent leader :commissar: why not check out the Leadership Programme? This will let you get direct access to a host who will be happy* to guide you through commanding a mission, especially if you have a cruel and devious plan.

You may have noticed that some people have FA flags all over them. You may have thought "wow, what a cool guy! I want to be like them when I grow up!" Well, there's no need to grow up just yet. Instead, click on this link here and you too can have an FA flag of your own.

If you would like to contribute to the server fund that allows FA to keep running sessions, you can PayPal your last grubby potato to server-fund@folkarps.com, or click here to use the Party's new and improved organ donation service.