So I wanna play with you guys... Now what?

Flight sim sub-forums prior to 07 Nov 2014

Moderator: oldhosts

egg651

So I wanna play with you guys... Now what?

Post by egg651 »

Ahoy, FOLK pilots.
I've always wanted to have a semi organised go at flight sims, but I've never found somewhere that, A) Isn't just a deathmatch server, but isn't a super hardcore milsim only zone, and B) Actually has people that play reasonably regularly. I can fly planes in IL-2 1946 with no problems, and I can just about manage complex engine management in a few planes in Cliffs Of Dover (in other planes I have yet to learn the dont-make-the-engine-explode procedures.) Other than that I have next to no combat flight sim experience, and I was wondering what the best way forward would be from here. Should I buy DCS A-10? Lock On? Or is there a chance of a session in IL-2?

Cheers :)

P.S: It should be noted that my joystick is... minimalistic. See:

P.P.S: BEST LANDING EVER
Last edited by egg651 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gasman

Re: So I wanna play with you guys... Now what?

Post by Gasman »

Welcome!

Personally I only play DCS A10. I also run a MP server for it. I would highly recommend it to any flight simmer. It is not that difficult to get started and begin to enjoy, but it does take a lot to learn everything. (I haven't by the way!)

The Folk A10 sessions have never been hardcore milsim, just a group of people trying to fly cooperatively. Go on, give it a go!

P.S. I would start looking into getting a HOTAS setup if at all possible

fer

Post by fer »

Comrade Egg, you may find there are some IL-2 players in here as well. I have a copy too, but no joystick. But that is of no matter, because I have been informed that I can fly as a turret gunner in one of these magnificent aircraft. Nothing can possibly go wrong.

Draakon

Post by Draakon »

Kinda want to join you guys as well, but I only have a gamepad and IL-2 1946 ATM. I am intrigued about A-10, but is there Arcade mode available, so I just can take off and fly the thing? Also, Lock On has the worst DRM ever, I am not going to bother getting it.
Dat Antanov.

egg651

Post by egg651 »

Double checking the cost of DCS A-10 and my finances post Deus Ex, it turns out that I can't actually afford it. So that's out of the window for now, I guess. Still, I would be happy to help organise an IL-2 session. How about *picks a day completely randomly* Thursday?
Draakon wrote:
Dat Antanov.
Psst, the TB-3 was made by Tupolev, not Antonov..

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

What about BMS Egg....it is free :-)
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.