Zone restriction + friendly fire = ???

Workshop for all Mission Engineer Comrades. Home of the FA Mission Making Template.
Kasmeister

Zone restriction + friendly fire = ???

Post by Kasmeister »

So i'm making an adversial mission, and i thought that a restricted zone around the place the mission takes place is a good idea. I've set up some nice two triggers for blufor and opfor and synchro them with that module. then synchronized all the units with the module. I also added a hint to the module that warns you that you're about to die of insta brain aunerysm.

But there's a bit of a problem. If i kill 2 friendlies (so all my teammates turn hostile) i get that zone restriction hint and die within 10 seconds just as i would if i entered the restricted zone. I haven't checked it with players yet, but if it replicates then i'd have to delete the module and let people roam around on the other side of altis.

Unless someone has an idea how to prevent this from happening :)

wolfenswan

Re: Zone restriction + friendly fire = ???

Post by wolfenswan »

Turning traitor adds you to a special side which is neither blufor or opfor. That's why the trigger fires.

Kasmeister

Post by Kasmeister »

Okay, i changed blufor into anybody in the trigger, now when you kill two friendlies you still turn to another side, but it probably won't matter much without AI.

Thanks for help

fer

Post by fer »

A thought: If you're writing for FA, remember that you can trust the vast majority of people to respect any 'out-of-bounds' rules you state in the briefing (and know that hosts will not hesitate to turn-back and/or execute non-compliant comrades). Your time as a mission maker is precious: avoid scripting-based solutions when a line in the briefing (and a map marker) will suffice.

;)

Kasmeister

Post by Kasmeister »

I know, but i really wanted to have a "9x18 to the head" hint if you leave the area :D. The mission should be stable anyways, there's really not much custom stuff in it. I'll test it tonight for that though.