FA Workshop [Sun] 13 Mar 2016

Epic fail avoidance
audiox
Host

FA Workshop [Sun] 13 Mar 2016

Post by audiox »

There will be TWO! workshops.

Comrade zitron has graciously volunteered his helicopter flying skills to the cause and will help pilots become better at what they do.
At the same time i will do infantry stuff for people without any interest in choppers.

Come come. As always, ideas welcome.

zitron

Re: FA Workshop [Sun] 13 Mar 2016

Post by zitron »

It might be possible to run both on the same server, just in different places, because I'll need someone to Zeus in some helicopters and stuff.

I think I'll just be going over communication stuff, some formation flying, and maybe jtac if there's time.

zitron

Post by zitron »

Think that went ok.

With you newly acquired knowledge you should be able to understand this song:

Boarnoah

Post by Boarnoah »

So many cool new words! If you could run it again in a couple of weeks it would be really helpful. If anything I think the hardest part was maintaining formation I know I cut off a bunch of other elements when doing the clockwise rotations. Thanks Zitron.

zitron

Post by zitron »

Flying in formation is difficult, especially in a helicopter. If you want to practice flying on your own, just put and AI helo in editor and try to follow it. Try different formations, try to transition from left to right echelon for example. I think having a good joystick and head tracking helps too, but some people do fine without them.