[Sun] 9 July 2017 (Bombtastic)

How we died (in the future)
Teifiterror
Host

[Sun] 9 July 2017 (Bombtastic)

Post by Teifiterror »

On this fine day 22 comrades defended, repelled, and assaulted our way through Altis, Malden and Tanoa with varied levels of success.
Afterparty:
  • fa3_r24_rally_malden_v2
Mission makers, leadership elements and everyone else who's interested in how the missions played out is encouraged to check out http://server.folkarps.com/r3/ for a 2D recording and playback of each mission.

NikkoJT
Host

Re: [Sun] 9 July 2017 (Bombtastic)

Post by NikkoJT »

There is a feedback threaderoni for Kore Principles here.
FA missions & session host. Tank appreciater.

Costno
Host

Post by Costno »

Fantastic session, glad to see new and returning faces.

RLM Part 2
I'd like to formally apologize for pretty much ruining this mission for the police, as I had indicated to NATO that they might not be trustworthy, an indication that was not actually present in the briefing. I do hope how ever that our "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" standoff and eventual shootout was as intense and cinematic for them as it was for me...

Kore Principles
I got to fly a helicopter, and there weren't any AA threats aside from maybe that first marshal, so I had it pretty easy.

Skirmish Tanoa
I wish R3 had been working today to see this, as this felt like a great run. There were several flanking maneuvers from both sides, who I thought would win the round shifted several times, and I was absolutely startled when I was downed by enemies from the northwest when I expected all enemies to be northeast.

RLM Part 1
Fun to lead, excellent terrain, good responsive subordinates, and exploding houses.

RLM Part 3
My favorite of the 3 in this series so far, I strolled around as medic watching some excellent fire and maneuver between MMG and A1. The gunship run along the beach was fantastic too, felt like an action movie. I can't wait to force people to play this next time I host :D

laverniusregalis

Post by laverniusregalis »

Skirmish Tanoa
I still dutifully maintain that NATO was the victor in this mission, as there was a certain NATO autorifleman still alive and firing during the mission's ending - and an AAF soldier who was gunned down by said fire.

Stoner

Post by Stoner »

I've been gone from ArmA 3 and Folk ARPS for about a 18 months. Last time I was on, Ferrard and SuperU were still key players, and TigerShark had departed recently to Australia. Having been with Folk ARPS for 4.5 years, I was curious to see if there remained any of the old guard and see if the spirit and camaraderie of Folk ARPS was still alive.

I can unequivocally say,...it is! There were all new players; Netkev was the only one I recognized. The chatter and banter were as light-hearted as ever. The goal to have fun, whether you win, lose, or die, was very much in tact. Now that I have Apex (thank you, Steam Sale), I can play all the missions.'

Concerning the Tanoa mission, I think I offed the last NATO guy. As I cowered, err..., I mean, hid among the palm trees, I spotted him under a building facing away from me. I put 5 rounds into him and the mission ended. Was he the last? I don't know.

Karts: I crashed and my kart burst into flames. No amount of Repairs could resuscitate it. A kindly gent took pity on me and offered a loaner. Alas, it would not start. Maybe next time.

Thanks, again, for a great time. To quote The Terminator...I'll Be Back.

Stoner AKA Brazos
Bitte töte mich nicht