[Sun] 17 July 2017 (City Kids)

How we died (in the future)
SuicideKing
Host

[Sun] 17 July 2017 (City Kids)

Post by SuicideKing »

26 brave comrades joined us tonight in our digital military cosplay. We fought in Mediterranean woodlands and tropical cities. Fun! :jihad:

Run-list: Afterparty
  • fa3_r24_rally_malden_v2
Please leave any feedback for mission makers using the the feedback threads linked above, and tell us how much fun (or not-fun) you had below.

Mission makers, leadership elements and everyone else who's interested in how the missions played out is encouraged to check out http://server.folkarps.com/r3/ for a 2D recording and playback of each mission.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

DirtyHarry

Re: [Sun] 17 July 2017 (City Kids)

Post by DirtyHarry »

Mission:Octagoners
Role: A2 FTL
TL;DR: I hear voices; dead

This was no mission, this was a game. A game of death...

The Masters that be took a break from the monotonous horrors of modern warfare and decided to select the best and brightest of each of their respective sides, to face off in a monotonous, horrifying battle to the death.
Pooter, the bravest and smartest of the group, put himself forward as leader of this bunch of hopeless men (female dlc tbc). Pooter's years of experience and expertise of survival sent out a blinding aura of confidence among the troops. This was, however, to be short lived.
The plan laid out by Pooter was so simple and brilliant; a monkey with no prior military training could see it was genius. A1 Rush, A2 suppressing fire and ASL (Pooter) run to the corner of the arena and hide provide recon from a safe distance.
If it weren't for our blind trust in our Dear Leader we might have suspected this was not entirely to the infantry fighting doctrine we were used to, however, voices of these opinions were shot.

*POOOOOF!* we were dropped in to the edge of the arena facing a wall of fog; an old foe. In no way could we provide effective cover for A1. Plan B? Bayonet charge!

A timid start, to be sure, as the troops hesitantly crept forward but as the MG positions were fixed into place behind and pointed at the backs of myself and our fearless comrades; Suddenly, there was a explosion of enthusiasm to charge into battle.

In my squad I had NikkoJustinTimberlake, CostnoExtra, Shad "loud mouth" o and Teifiterror-ist. We advanced in a straight line dodging bullets and swatting off any that dared to touch us.
Climbing over the trenches with ease and killing many of the native inhabitants that got in our way whilst keeping a watchful eye for the opposing side.
I came face to with my first enemy. An ugly, pathetic worm of a soldier. I said onto him "Ah ha, and now we do the dance of death. Tell me, are you ready to die!?" in that moment I squeezed the trigger and held it and my weapon spoke in ways that are more beautiful than all of the love poems in the world. It was, however, cut short as I had single fire selected and we traded fire only for us both to be staring at the clouds.
Shado was speechless.
NikkoJustinTimerberlake knew in his heart that his FTL was down and came bounding over mountain tops and charged through solid rock to get me and a fellow comrade, bringing us back to our feet.
With his kiss of live (and a little tongue) we were ready. A new cunning plan was hatched; We left the octagon and beelined to the back of the the area attacking the enemy from the rear.

Shado engaged stealth mode and said not a word as his prowled through the trenches. Like a python in long grass he slithered his way through and found his prey. Firing his weapon, the fangs pierced through the armor and into its heart; killing his victim instantly. He then ate him him whole.

With this final act of courage, we won the day. Pooter's body was never found.
Professional Try-hard.

SuicideKing
Host

Re: [Sun] 17 July 2017 (City Kids)

Post by SuicideKing »

Another late AAR. I wanted to post pictures, but was too lazy to upload to a hosting site first. Anyway.

The woods we fought through in Cannonball Alleyway were wonderful, and as Costno's medic i had a fun time taking in the scenery until i took in a bullet. Actually finished Georgetown Dragons, hiding behind DirtyHarry (i was his medic this time) as we engaged in urban warfare through the streets of Georgetown. Again, great opportunity to take pictures.

I commanded us to our first ever victory in From Russia With Love Part I - a victory earned by disciplined gunship-ing by Zitron and Costno's Mi-48 crews, along with a mostly well coordinate ground assault by Netkev and AJAX's fire teams. We landed out a safe distance, helos managed to take out both AAA guns safely, and kept a safe distance. Good air support allowed us to reach our objective without significant casualties.

Comms were unfortunately confusing (my fault), and would recommend future COs to keep FAC and helo crews in the Support channel, with CO (along with Medic, Marksman) and Alpha in the Alpha channels.

Oh and BTW, if your medic decides to plant a demo charge on their own, execute them.

And now, PRETTY PICTURES!

Easily my favourite of the lot:
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com