[Sun] 25 September 2011 (Joint Joint: LDDK)

How we died
Harlander

Re: [Sun] 25 September 2011 - Joint session with LDDK

Post by Harlander »

This was pretty fun. We definitely should get those guys over to folk for a session.

fer

[Sun] 25 September 2011 (Joint Joint: LDDK)

Post by fer »

Missions:
  • Swept LE (adversarial version)
  • Internecine II
Some of the LDDK folks can read this thread, so first and foremost: thank you very much for having us, LDDK! It was wonderful to have the opportunity to shoot at (and be shot by) humans. And good humans, too! Next up, thank you to all of the comrades that made it tonight. We had a good turnout and were slotted with almost no delay for the first mission. That's great, and much appreciated by everyone who had a hand in organising tonight. I hope to have time to write my own AAR this week, but I urge all comrades to post their thoughts, screens and videos. In addition to cross-posting on the RPS thread, I'll try to ensure things are shared with our friends at LDDK.

Finally, well done to all the comrades, especially for the first mission, Swept LE, in which we managed to triumph - congratulations to comrade platoon leader Unaco. Alas, the commander of our second mission was an incompetent baffoon who frittered away the lives of his men in a poorly planned assault. I can asure you all that he will be executed. Commissar?!? Commissar!?? Ah commissar, now that you're here, find the commander of that pla--

:commissar:

theG57

Re: [Sun] 25 September 2011 (Joint Joint: LDDK)

Post by theG57 »

Thanx LDDK! Thanx FOLK guys! Thank You ARS for showing up!.. We had a good PvP game. Was intense and draining...
G out.

Joseph-Sulphur

Post by Joseph-Sulphur »

Thanks Fer for organising this, and thanks to LDDK as well. It was loads of fun.

In swept, I was commanding Alpha. We set up in a command a bit further down the road than any of the squads, so we were the first point of contact. After a few minutes of starting at bushes, there was suddenly an OPFOR soldier about 5 metres in front of me, in our compound. I shot him with my AK, and saw another one peeking round a building. I killed him with a grenade and fell back to try and orgnaise things. Head killed another OPFOR round the same building, and then moved from his 1st floor position to support me. We moved up followed by an AI soldier (Xenu had crashed). I moved into a small outbuilding and killed an enemy medic, but was then shot along with the AI soldier by the hyperactive death-bastard Winters, who proceeded to duke it out with Head. After a memorable battle in which Head shot another OPFOR running forward, and fired an RPG into a building at pont-blank range, Winters prevailed. I thought we did quite well, taking out a full squad and their medic, blunting their assault.

I commanded E squad in Internecine. I crashed out but luckily the LDDK admin kept the AI on in player slots, enabling me to rejoin. My squad pushed up under fire to a wall close to the town, and was wiped out by a grenade. The rest of the team was then utterly obliterated by LDDK, but not before a few more friendly fire incidents. Truly, such is folk.

Thanks to everyone who played, t'was marvellous fun.

harakka

Post by harakka »

fer wrote: Internecine II
Alas, the commander of our second mission was an incompetent baffoon who frittered away the lives of his men in a poorly planned assault.
:commissar:
I was just a Charlie grunt in Internecine so I might not have had the big picture, but I think the general plan was solid. In the few times I've played that one I've never seen that big a force make it successfully to the village without being significantly engaged. Also, the multi-direction assault works really well in that terrain, since the village is surrounded by hills from three sides. I think where we messed up was the process of clearing buildings, not the approach.
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

Redroth

Post by Redroth »

Was a really good session, Im currently working on hashing together some of my fraps footage into somthig worthy of the motherland!

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza »

AAR from LDDK perspective:
Sorry for taking this long but I have been engaged in RL issues, the following is a translation and I wish to apologize in advance for any illogical statements or typos :) :

Round one (LT. Psykoisi reporting):
First squad, with one man short, made a successful heliborne attack to enemy held village. We lost one man due to unfortunate circumstances (the guy fell to his death), and another guy was unable to disembark and flew back with the AI controlled chopper. We split our team so one half attacked from north and the other from the south. We also left a few guys behind to watch our rear in case of any enemy flanking maneuvres. My own team lost one guy when we enountered enemy fire, enemy fire was very effective and we had to find cover. Fortunately we found some houses and took cover there, our medic treated our wounded and I took a peek around the corner and at that point the enemy made their flanking maneuver, they killed our medic but we managed to eliminate the unwelcome guests. I noticed one of my guys in the open field and he was wounded, I ran to him and somehow managed to treat his injuries, I was under fire all this time. I collected all my guys and carried on with my assault. We did pretty well, but our luck finally ran out and we got massacered.

All in all I have to say we did pretty damn well, we had less guys and the enemy had played the mission before. Also the terrain favoured the defender, round one ended in defeat.

Round two (LT. Psykosi reporting):

This mission involved some CQB tactics, and so I ordered the guys to assume the traditional LDDK defensive posture (we occupied all houses and assigned firezones). Very soon some fellows appeared in the hills to our west, and they started to shoot every window in the buildings. During this time some other enemy soldiers advanced to our positions from the north and nortwest. I had taken this into consideration when plannng our defence and I ordered all to hold their fire in order not to reveal our positions. For some mysterious reason the enemy decided to attack from direction only, and were able to perform the legendary LDDK pincermanouvre (waited till the enemy was boxed in and then we opened fire), and I assigned one guy to do some recon on foot. Apparently this one individual managed to decimate the enemy.

We won this round, with over 75% of us still alive.

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza »

Redroth wrote:Was a really good session, Im currently working on hashing together some of my fraps footage into somthig worthy of the motherland!
Have you finished the video yet? Would be most excellent to see it :)