Uploading non-FA missions

Kill your comrades. Wholesale
fer

Uploading non-FA missions

Post by fer »

I want to upload mission from another community / that I got from Armaholic; can I?
Comrade, of course you can! Although before you do that we'd ask you to do two important things:
  • Check that it does not require any mods - just vanilla ArmA2, Operation Arrowhead or Combined Operations (if it does require mods, talk to a host about getting it supported on the mod server)
  • Test the mission locally to see that it works.
Done and done. Anything else?
Oh, yes, please rename it to match our naming standard for non-FA missions.

Oh, that's a third thing. Grr. Is there a mission naming standard?
A rudimentary one. It consists of: a prefix, the mission type and playercount, name and version (if you know the version).

How does the prefix work?
The prefix for non-FA missions begins zz, after which we add an underscore. For example:

zz_

How do we indicate mission type and playercount?
After the underscore we add co for co-operative missions, or adv for adversarials; immediately after that we add the maximum number of players and then another underscore. For example:

zz_co24_

What about the mission name?
That goes next, but if necessary re-format it to use lowercase letters and underscores instead of spaces. After the name we add a final underscore. For example:

zz_co24_bombardiers_

And the version?
Ideally, start with a lowercase v and then a whole number. For example:

zz_co24_bombardiers_v2

Alright, done.
Then it looks like you need to contact one of the hosts and ask them to upload the PBO file for you. To Skype perma-chat, comrade!