Platoon: BAF Woodland, heliborn
Download: faco_coXX_stub_AirborneBiscuits.Chernarus.7z (github)
So, what's the deal here?
This mission stub was created to commemorate the release of F2 2-7-0. Think of it as "F2 pre configured": It puts one of the Folk ARPS platoons in a mission environment with pre placed AI. Instead of being a mission by itself, it offers the mission maker a selection of possibilities of which he can pick and choose.
That sounds nice and all but are there bullet points?
Boy, I'm glad you asked. Here's what's different from regular F2 in a neat list:
- The Folk ARPS ident has been included
- The platoon is already mounted up in transport helicopters on an aircraft carrier.
- Several examples are given on how to make the enemy AI interesting, using the means of the editor and low-scale scripting
- An included PDF, Illustrated Editing, explains all the various bits of code and tools used in the editor in greater detail.
- The AI skill selector (coop version) has been enabled
- The briefing file has been started
- Ending #1 (everyone dies) is pre-configured.
Excellent! Here are the initial steps to get you going:
1. Unpack the archive and place the missions folder (faco_coXX_stub_AirborneBiscuits.Chernarus) in MyDocuments/ArmA2OA/profile/MPMissions
2. Open the BI Wiki and the F2 Wiki in two separate tabs and start on getting a bit drunk. Trust me, it helps.
3. Start up ArmA2 CO, click on Multiplayer>New>OK and select the Map the stub is on. You should see the stub's name in blue. Select it and press play. From here on the Wikis and the .pdf will help you.
I'm stuck and your guide is horrible. I hate you and will hunt you down.
That's unfortunate but at least my guard schnauzer will get something to eat. Anyway, if you have questions, feedback, advice or simply comments please post it in this thread!
And enjoy mission making!